Who knew? KastKing Shishamo

Started by Bankbeater56, October 24, 2018, 08:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bankbeater56

I was very surprised to see this. I guess I shouldn't be though and he states that some of the bigger boys do this too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bankbeater56

I knew a lot of reels were made in China I guess I just never knew the parts were interchangeable

Burbarry

Nice find on the video.

Bankbeater56

Guy is growing me. Tends to give very impartial opinions and brake downs of all kinds of gear.

Dangerfield

He's kind of quirky but I like him(Tackle Advisor), he's honest and doesn't mind sharing opinion. I struggle getting through a video from The Reel Test, because he's such a YUGE Shimano fanboi and bashes other brands rather being critical.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dangerfield on November 02, 2018, 07:40:37 AM
He's kind of quirky but I like him(Tackle Advisor), he's honest and doesn't mind sharing opinion. I struggle getting through a video from The Reel Test, because he's such a YUGE Shimano fanboi and bashes other brands rather being critical.

You should have tried to deal with him on the forums. He went by the handle "Bootytrain", and has been banned from Tackle Tour after starting in with a few people on a Shimano discussion in which my topic of the plastic levelwind and pawl came in. That was a funny thread, and we all shared a virtual beer after he was banished.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Oldfart9999

Is virtual beer as good as real beer?
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Dangerfield

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 02, 2018, 08:41:58 AM
You should have tried to deal with him on the forums. He went by the handle "Bootytrain", and has been banned from Tackle Tour after starting in with a few people on a Shimano discussion in which my topic of the plastic levelwind and pawl came in. That was a funny thread, and we all shared a virtual beer after he was banished.

I'll take your word for it but I will search his name over there haha. Being a reel enthusiast yourself, do you appreciate his content? vs someone like the The Reel Test?

Pro Reel

What he showed isn't anything new. Most of you will have seen the same thing from us reel guys before. It's pretty simple, if it says made in china or Korea, then it's probably made by one of a few companies that makes a lot of reels for several different brands. I used to tell you that Shimano and Daiwa and Okuma were the only ones still building all their own reels in plants owned by them. Unfortunately, I recently heard from a Daiwa rep that they will be contracting with dojo to build a few entry level reels for Daiwa.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dangerfield on November 05, 2018, 08:00:21 AM
I'll take your word for it but I will search his name over there haha. Being a reel enthusiast yourself, do you appreciate his content? vs someone like the The Reel Test?
They are OK to get a look at the reel itself. There is no breakdown of the internals. Usually just a bunch of blah blah blah, and spool weights. For the average guy it may be something of interest, but not for me. Almost a "unboxing" to me.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Pro Reel on November 05, 2018, 03:56:19 PM
What he showed isn't anything new. Most of you will have seen the same thing from us reel guys before. It's pretty simple, if it says made in china or Korea, then it's probably made by one of a few companies that makes a lot of reels for several different brands. I used to tell you that Shimano and Daiwa and Okuma were the only ones still building all their own reels in plants owned by them. Unfortunately, I recently heard from a Daiwa rep that they will be contracting with dojo to build a few entry level reels for Daiwa.
Daiwa has been doing that for years already. The Lexa series was like that, and now the CD, CG, and CR as well in the entry level reels. Nobody wanted to believe that Daiwa would subcontract a reel, but why would they bother building anything below the Fuego? Sub it out, and make a few dollars not having to build all new dies.

<")))>{