Ultimate Bass Christmas Adopt A Family Raffle

Started by Mike Cork, October 25, 2018, 09:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipripper

Quote from: TNDiver on December 17, 2018, 01:53:14 PM
~c~ Good Job FD!  I just sent in another donation!
Thank you very much for giving again. ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

znate80

$20 donated. It is a great thing we all are doing here.

Quote from: FD on December 14, 2018, 02:32:53 PM
Mike,

Since I was going to donate again anyway, I have a challenge for the UB members.  Instead of buying myself more tackle that I don't need, I'm going to put that money to good work helping someone who needs it.

I will match every dollar donated between now and the  cutoff.

I lived the life of the young couple we are helping when my kids were little.

Even though it was decades ago, their story brought back the feelings of desperation I had when I was fired with 2 kids under 4 years old and my wife was a stay at home Mom. Long story short, that was the event that lead me to starting my own business, but in the beginning it was a lot of PB&J's and Mac and Cheese - for years.

Let's raise enough money so they can at least buy a beater car to get to work.

Sent from the end of the paved road...

Lipripper

Quote from: znate80 on December 18, 2018, 06:58:19 AM
$20 donated. It is a great thing we all are doing here.
Thank you for your donation to help this family and thanks to FD your $20 just became $40  ~c~

Mike Cork

Everyone, we are so close to setting a new record for the Ultimate Bass Adopt a Family program. With FD's challenge I think we can definitely shatter the old record and raise enough money to get this family a nice used car.

BUT it won't happen without you. We are down to the last two days, today and tomorrow.

FD is still hollering for everyone to bring it on and donate, so lets give him what he wants :-*

ALL DONATION HELP - Big, little, or somewhere in between, all donations make a difference in this family's life ~c~ ~c~

FD Matching Funds Program

DBrooke
Oldjim                donated $100 and we get $100 from FD & just that fast we are $200 bigger
Scott Dowling
Bud Kennedy       x3
Ron Fogelson       dropped another Benjiman and just like that we've added over $400 to the pot  ~c~
ZippyDuck           x2
Scott Dowling      x2
Stren_g
SFL Basshunter    x2
Deadeye
Bassmanstan       x2
Matt20hew
Muzz
Burbarry             x2
DonM                 x3
TNDiver             x3
D.W. Verts
Oldfart9999
znate80

Folks every little bit helps and now with FD's challange every little bit gets doubled  ~c~ ~c~

Read about the Ultimate Bass Adopt a Family that was chosen click here to read their story

Thank you everyone, that has given so far  ~bb If you can find a little bit more FD is going to match anything we can put together from now until the closing ~c~

DonM                                     x2
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
nats                                        x3
Bud Kennedy                           x2
Allaboutfun                              x2
mygreenihc                             x2
Lee Smith                               x2 
ZippyDuck
Donald Garner
DBrooke
Lipripper
Apenland01
Smallie_Stalker                     x2
Twocold
TerryG
BassinKorea
BURTONboy
Fishballer06
Eric-Maine
geneinnc
Bobsquatch13
Pacific NW Ron
Bassinlou
Bassmanstan
CaptSteve
The_Huber_Show
DocIrv                                    x2
TNDiver                                  x2
Bassbuster88
Princeton_Man
Hesgonefishing
SUPERDUDE
97s281_27
spencerinstl
Jqmustang
Matt20hew
Shawn
Kayankee
Apiazza
Bvirgillito
Bassmanrudy
Smallie_Stalker
BizJetDriver
Bassinkorea
champriderz
TR21FL
Bassnman81
Scott Rowell
RangerAndBass
mygreenihc
SteveTx
Ted
SFL Basshunter
Burbarry
oldratt
deltaratl
Roadrunner

We've achieved about our normal fundraising, but our adopted family this year is in dire need and we can help them survive the winter and possibly but them on the road to a new and stable life. I hope as the season climbs into everyone's hearts and we can find a way to give. If you've already given, God Bless You and thank you, if you can't give May God Bless You with better ways in the near future.

Thank you so much to everyone that has given, some of you have been very generous. I am extremely amazed at the generosity of the UB members every year.

Mike

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

bigjim5589

Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Mike Cork

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Today is the last day, we have to get these funds to the family so they can buy some Christmas presents for their boys, and it takes a couple days to process all this.

I'm all out of cool things to say to encourage you to help out, so let me flat say it. If you can get on a computer and read this, you are doing way better then they are. Just $20!!! FD will turn it into $40 and that's a weeks worth of food for this couple and their boys.

Again today is the last day, I have to send the money, then the bank has to process it and finally release it to Lipripper so he can present it to the family. After he figures out how to trick them into coming over.

ALL DONATION HELP - Big, little, or somewhere in between, all donations make a difference in this family's life ~c~ ~c~

Okay I'm off my soap box and want to walk through the crowd and shake everyone's hand that is on these lists below, you all are amazing. Some have given large amounts, some have given smaller amounts, but because of each one of you we will change this family's life. For that I thank you and I'm extremely proud to have you as members of Ultimate Bass, the best community on the web.

FD Matching Funds Program

DBrooke
Oldjim                donated $100 and we get $100 from FD & just that fast we are $200 bigger
Scott Dowling
Bud Kennedy       x3
Ron Fogelson       dropped another Benjiman and just like that we've added over $400 to the pot  ~c~
ZippyDuck           x2
Scott Dowling      x2
Stren_g
SFL Basshunter    x2
Deadeye
Bassmanstan       x2
Matt20hew
Muzz
Burbarry             x2
DonM                 x3
TNDiver             x3
D.W. Verts
Oldfart9999
znate80
bigjim5589
Bassinlou      x2

Folks every little bit helps and now with FD's challange every little bit gets doubled  ~c~ ~c~

Read about the Ultimate Bass Adopt a Family that was chosen click here to read their story

Thank you everyone, that has given so far  ~bb If you can find a little bit more FD is going to match anything we can put together from now until the closing ~c~

DonM                                     x2
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
nats                                        x3
Bud Kennedy                           x2
Allaboutfun                              x2
mygreenihc                             x2
Lee Smith                               x2 
ZippyDuck
Donald Garner
DBrooke
Lipripper
Apenland01
Smallie_Stalker                     x2
Twocold
TerryG
BassinKorea
BURTONboy
Fishballer06
Eric-Maine
geneinnc
Bobsquatch13
Pacific NW Ron
Bassinlou
Bassmanstan
CaptSteve
The_Huber_Show
DocIrv                                    x2
TNDiver                                  x2
Bassbuster88
Princeton_Man
Hesgonefishing
SUPERDUDE
97s281_27
spencerinstl
Jqmustang
Matt20hew
Shawn
Kayankee
Apiazza
Bvirgillito
Bassmanrudy
Smallie_Stalker
BizJetDriver
Bassinkorea
champriderz
TR21FL
Bassnman81
Scott Rowell
RangerAndBass
mygreenihc
SteveTx
Ted
SFL Basshunter
Burbarry
oldratt
deltaratl
Roadrunner

We've achieved about our normal fundraising, but our adopted family this year is in dire need and we can help them survive the winter and possibly but them on the road to a new and stable life. I hope as the season climbs into everyone's hearts and we can find a way to give. If you've already given, God Bless You and thank you, if you can't give May God Bless You with better ways in the near future.

Thank you so much to everyone that has given, some of you have been very generous. I am extremely amazed at the generosity of the UB members every year.

Mike
[/quote]

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

bobsquatch13

Mike - another paypal just sent, hope there in time! What you and UB are doing to help this family out is a wonderful thing. Thanks for bringing the rest of us into it!

Lipripper

Quote from: bobsquatch13 on December 19, 2018, 02:06:45 PM
Mike - another paypal just sent, hope there in time! What you and UB are doing to help this family out is a wonderful thing. Thanks for bringing the rest of us into it!
Thank you so very much for your donation it for sure will help Nick and Adriana and the two boys have a very Merry Christmas and God bless all of y'all.

Mike Cork

Bobsquatch I got your donation and will get you your tickets, probably in the AM... I'm out of office for a while.

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Okay it's official, we are going to do the drawing for all the prize packages tomorrow about 7:30 pm. It will be live on the Ultimate Bass Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/UltimateBass/

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: Mike Cork on December 19, 2018, 05:41:40 PM
Okay it's official, we are going to do the drawing for all the prize packages tomorrow about 7:30 pm. It will be live on the Ultimate Bass Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/UltimateBass/
Mike that is about 7:30 PM CST right.  ;D

Smallie_Stalker

I'm gonna try and tune in but I might not be able to watch it.  I'd like to see the boys and watch as they draw the numbers.

Somebody let me know if on the off chance my name gets pulled.

Sent from my LG-H932 (LG V30 Plus) using Tapatalk
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

muzz

I'll be at a Christmas Party, maybe sneek on.

Lipripper

Quote from: muzz on December 19, 2018, 09:10:10 PM
I'll be at a Christmas Party, maybe sneek on.
I will be getting everything ready for Friday night when we go over to Nick's and Adrian's to suprising them with their Christmass Merical that y'all provided for them.

muzz

I thought you were getting them over your house?

Lipripper

We were but after thinking it over it would be better for them to not have to get the boys ready then having us to come pick them up and then take them back home afterwards. We will get over there around 6 order a pizza and while we are waiting for the pizza surprise them with a blank check cause Diana will have the money transferred from our account to there account.  We will tell them how all this took place and about a great bunch of folks who came together to help give them a Merry Christmass.

muzz

BTW, I've been in bad spots before, where no matter what, I didn't see a way out....it was a horrible time, but I dug out of it with some help.
I'm just happy to be able to help the community help a Family that could really use some right now.

Lipripper

Quote from: muzz on December 19, 2018, 09:28:41 PM
BTW, I've been in bad spots before, where no matter what, I didn't see a way out....it was a horrible time, but I dug out of it with some help.
I'm just happy to be able to help the community help a Family that could really use some right now.
I think most of us have been in them shoes. That's why we are so giving to help out others when we can. :)

Captsteve

just sent another $20

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Mike Cork

Quote from: Captsteve on December 20, 2018, 09:09:19 AM
just sent another $20

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I got it Steve, I also got your additional donation D.W. Verts.

And a last one from Bobsquatch13

You all should have got PM's from me with your ticket numbers.

Cork's Reel Service