Ultimate Bass Christmas Adopt A Family Raffle

Started by Mike Cork, October 25, 2018, 09:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Ultimate Bass Adopt A Family Raffle

As many of you long timers know, Ultimate Bass holds a raffle to raise money for a needy family each year. So far, we've helped 6 families over the past 6 Holiday Seasons. These families typically had extreme medical bills that prevented a joy filled holiday season. The recipients can use the funds however they see fit. This family will be picked from suggestions of the membership, by the moderators, with Mother Nature having the final vote.

So first the raffle. I am late getting started (as usual) but so far the raffle consists of:

Ultimate Bass Adopt A Family Raffle Prizes

First place prize:
Gary donated a Dobyns Rods Sierra Series casting rod
UB is donating a quantum casting reel
Mr Twister is donating  $100 worth of plastics
$50 worth NuTech Lures donated by Lee Smith Custom Rods

Second Place:
VRX Fishing Package –
6 Rod Gloves
3 Bait Gloves
2 X Zone Muscle Back Craws Grn Pump Red Flk and Grn Pump Blk Flk
1 X Zone Rebel Chunk Black Blue Lam
1 X Zone MB Hawg Hunter Okeechobee Craw
1 X Zone Adrenaline Bug Summer Craw
1 X Zone Punisher Punch Craw Black Blue Flake
1 X Zone Ned Zone Bass Candy
1 X Zone Whiplash Shad Smoke Peral Laminate
1 X Zone MB Fat Finesse Worm #309
1 X Zone True Center Stick Watermelon Red & Green

Third Place:
K9 Fishing Package –
200 yard spool 12 lb test K9 Pro 100 (100% Fluorocarbon)
550 yard spool 14 lb test K9 Fluoro
K9 Fishing Hat
K9 Fishing Decal

Fourth Place:
NuTech Lures Prize Pack

Fifth Place:
10 packs of Mister Twister Baits - Mike Cork's Favorites

Tickets are your basic Raffle Ticket. Ticket cost:

1 ticket for $5
5 tickets for $20
30 tickets for $100

We take all forms of money but prefer Pay Pal. You can mail a check (please let me know it's coming), did I say we prefer Pay Pal, and if you want to use a CC we can send you a Pay Pal invoice that you can pay without having a Pay Pal account. See the bottom of the post for further information.

I will message you the numbers of your tickets. You'll need to hang onto these numbers. On December 19th we will draw the winners and post the ticket numbers. I'm hoping to do the drawing on Facebook Live to ensure the integrity of the raffle, but that is still to be determined as we need to practice it LOL. (You do not have to have Facebook in order to win, winning numbers will be published on the Ultimate Bass forums)

The funds recipient - We will take nominations over the next two weeks. Please look to your Ultimate Bass neighbors first and then to your local neighborhood. The recipient does not have to be a UB member, but we like to make sure we don't miss one of our own. Please submit a nomination to your moderators or Community Diplomats here on the site.

How to Pay for Tickets

Mailing Address:

Ultimate Bass
C/O Adopt a Family
5422 Amber Circle
Benton La 71006

Pay Pal address

First and foremost, save everyone the fees and send funds as "Friends and Family"
[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]
Please put your "SCREEN NAME" and "Adopt a Family" in the notes section.

Credit Card

Our only option here is to send you an invoice via Pay Pal, you do not have to have a Pay Pal account to pay the invoice. However, there is a 3% surcharge and since this is a fund raiser, I'll split it with you.

Disclaimer: We have to have one so here it goes. All rules of this raffle are subject to change by site administration. Ultimate Bass is not responsible for the delivery of prizes; however we will provide our best efforts to ensure winners receive their prizes in a timely manner

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

the_huber_show

Such a neat thing we do!  I will def donate this week. 

Oh and a nice little prize package too :)
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

Lipripper

Quote from: the_huber_show on October 26, 2018, 08:10:24 AM
Such a neat thing we do!  I will def donate this week. 

Oh and a nice little prize package too :)
it's a great thing to do and I will be sending in something next month when I get my SS check.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Captsteve

The best of UB

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Mike Cork

We are already off to a great start I'm going to try and keep track of everyone again.

So far

Thank You DonM for being the first to donate this year, you barely beat out FD ~c~

DonM
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
nats

Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Mike Cork on October 29, 2018, 11:25:31 AM
We are already off to a great start I'm going to try and keep track of everyone again.

So far

Thank You DonM for being the first to donate this year, you barely beat out FD ~c~

DonM
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
nats
That's awesome!!!

Mike I'll send my first donation on Friday or Saturday by PayPal.

I'm pretty sure they finally fixed whatever was wrong on their end so it should go through without any issues but if there is a problem just let me know and I'll get something in the mail ASAP.

Sent from my LG-H932 (LG V30 Plus) using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Bud Kennedy

Lipripper

Mike just as soon as I get caught up with all this clean up in the kitchen after the stove fire I will get some off by Pay Pal. Oh and the first of next month I will be starting my PM blitz like I did last year.

allaboutfun

I'm in!  What a great way and a great time to help out someone that needs a hand. Thank you to the generous sponsors!! I'm still using the rod, reel and baits that I won last year.

mygreenihc

I am in.  Let me know that you have it Mike.

Brad

Mike Cork

I want to thank everyone that has already supported this great event! As Ron Fogelson stated in another thread, this event is life-changing for its recipients; has been all 6 years we've done it. And it's not Ultimate Bass that does it, but Ultimate Bass's members, you all are the ones that make it so great...

Updated list, now has Bud Kennedy, Allaboutfun (last years grand prize winner) and Mygreenihc  ~c~ Thank you guys.

Everyone below should have received and PM from me with your raffle ticket numbers. If not, let me know.

DonM
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
nats
Bud Kennedy
Allaboutfun
mygreenihc

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

FYI for everyone that buys tickets.

When I receive your money, I count out your tickets and we write your name on the back of them. Then we fold them up and paperclip them together. They will stay stacked in a box until the day of the drawing. The day of the drawing, I will dump them on the floor. The boy's and I will start detaching them and putting them in a container to draw from. Then they will be stirred, flipped, flopped, stirred shaken, I make sure they are mixed to the best of my ability. Then just like last year, the boys will draw. They will stick their hand in the drawing device and stir around and pick one. 

I do it this way so there is no advantage to when tickets are bought. If you buy them now or the day before the drawing, you have just as much chance at being at the bottom of the bucket as at the top.

I say all this to make a point: The only way to up your odds of winning is to buy the most tickets :-* :-* :toot:

My real point for this post, I just wanted everyone to know that you don't have to keep the PM I send you with your ticket numbers. I have written your name on the back of the tickets and I keep a spreadsheet so we can match the drawing winners in a couple of different ways. If it was me, I'd keep my PM anyway, but Ultimate Bass is tracking it well.

Lastly, if you don't get a PM from me within a day or two of your purchase please contact me. If it was over a weekend please give me until Tuesday.

Cork's Reel Service

Lee Smith

Folks, this is the best of UB!  ~c~  You never really realize just how much this raffle does for a family during the Holidays!

The prizes are great, but remember one main thing, YOU helped a family that is in need!  That's character and that's what the member here are all about pure and simple - Character!  We are the best on the net!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

DBrooke

This section under construction.

Mike Cork

The first of the month just past and it's Friday, so I know folks are getting paid. Please look at those budgets and see if you can help. If you pass on just two Starbucks a week, you can send in twenty dollars and if everyone does that, we can raise thousands :-*

Thank You, Donald and DBrooke your support, it goes a very long way to us breaking a new record this year  ~c~ We've got a long way to go to beat $3,200 but I know we can do it.

DonM
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
nats
Bud Kennedy
Allaboutfun
mygreenihc
Donald Garner
DBrooke

Cork's Reel Service

Terry G

Smallie_Stalker

First installment sent via PayPal.

Mike, when you find a spare minute (I know, what's that   lo) let me know if you got it so I know my PayPal is still working okay. Thanks boss.

Lipripper

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on November 03, 2018, 03:46:15 PM
First installment sent via PayPal.

Mike, when you find a spare minute (I know, what's that   lo) let me know if you got it so I know my PayPal is still working okay. Thanks boss.
I sent my first one too the other day by Pay Pal just waiting for a nod from Mike that he got it. ;D

Lipripper

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Lipripper on November 04, 2018, 02:26:32 PM
I sent my first one too the other day by Pay Pal just waiting for a nod from Mike that he got it. ;D

Mike did say if we sent it over the weekend to give him until Tuesday to get around to letting us know he got it. As busy as he is I think that's pretty quick actually.

Lipripper

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on November 04, 2018, 03:00:54 PM
Mike did say if we sent it over the weekend to give him until Tuesday to get around to letting us know he got it. As busy as he is I think that's pretty quick actually.
I know we aren't too worried and Mike is always busy.  ~sweat

Mike Cork

We've got a couple more to add to the list, you all are amazing, and it's only a few of you. If we can get everyone that visits the site to donate just $20 we can make a life-changing difference again this year  :-*

Thanks You Lipripper, Smallie_Stalker, and apenland01 for your support we're building a pretty good fund thanks to everyone on this list.

DonM
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
nats
Bud Kennedy
Allaboutfun
mygreenihc
Donald Garner
DBrooke
Lipripper
Apenland01
Smallie_Stalker

Thank You, everyone, we're on our way to a great fund again this year. Hit your online buddies up, this is a great program and their donation is guaranteed to help a needy family. Plus they might win an great prize.

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Our latest member to give is TwoCold  ~c~ Thank you very much :toot: 

We are doing well but have a long way to go yet. I want to give a huge shoutout to everyone that has already given, thank you so very much. I want to ask a favor of you though... Now that you've given, hit everyone up in your fishing circle, whether here on UB or at home, and challenge them to give as much as you did. Shouldn't be hard, everyone gets raffle tickets toward some great prizes.  :-*

DonM
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
nats
Bud Kennedy
Allaboutfun
mygreenihc
Donald Garner
DBrooke
Lipripper
Apenland01
Smallie_Stalker
Twocold

Thank You everyone, you guys are the best and I'm very proud to be associated with you. Bass fisherman are awesome people, and Ultimate Bass fisherman are the Ultimate Awesome People...

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Thanks for the update Mike now let me add them to my list so I won't send them a PM  ;D We as a UB family are very generous and I'm sure we will break our record from last year.  ~bb

Mike Cork

I hope we can break that record Lip, it was a pretty high achievement and I am extremely proud of UB members for making it happen. We might have to sick D.W. on everyone again :shocking:

Cork's Reel Service