Ultimate Bass Christmas Adopt A Family Raffle

Started by Mike Cork, October 25, 2018, 09:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

I don't believe I have seen any nominations for who is being considered as the adopted family.  That seemed to really get the gig going last year as many folks connected with the nominee's story

the_huber_show

Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

Mike Cork

Quote from: the_huber_show on November 21, 2018, 09:40:25 AM
Mike I just sent my paypal

Got it and just sent your numbers in ~c~ ~c~ Thank You very much ~bb 

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, time to be thankful for how fortunate we are.

Laurie and I are always extremely thankful for each and everyone one of the members here on Ultimate Bass. You all ROCK in so many ways... If I ever have a fishing or boating question I can post it on UB and have several answers or ideas in just minutes.

A few years back Lee Smith came to me with an idea. He said that we had so many memember and we should use that to help someone less fortunate during the holidays. His thought was if we could get everyone to just give $5 we'd have thousands to give to a less fortunate family. And he was right. While we can't seem to get everyone to give (I know everyone has their own charities that they already support) we do get a lot of you to give and last year we hit 3k and saved a mother and her two kids from being put on the street while mom got her new job squared away... I'm rambling, but I need everyone to give, even if you can only spare $5... if twenty members give $5 that's $100 and that's an electric bill or a chunk of the rent or maybe all that's taken care off but theirs no money left for a big dinner and presents. It doesn't take a lot if we all give :help: :help: ~bb ~bb

Thank you to all that have already given, you've got us off to a great start :toot:

DonM
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
nats
Bud Kennedy
Allaboutfun
mygreenihc
Lee Smith
ZippyDuck
Donald Garner
DBrooke
Lipripper
Apenland01
Smallie_Stalker
Twocold
TerryG
BassinKorea
BURTONboy
Fishballer06
Eric-Maine
geneinnc
Bobsquatch13
Pacific NW Ron
Bassinlou

Ultimate Bass members are amazing, every year the list of folks that help gets larger and larger. Last year we broke three thousand dollars and I hope for that again this year but we've got a ways to go. Those that haven't been able to give yet... I promise just 10 or 20 dollars goes a very long way to a family that can't keep the lights on!!! And for most of us, $20 doesn't even cover a night out at McDonald's... Please buy your raffle tickets let's break last years fundraising ~c~ ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

I can't remember the deadline for donations.  ~b~

If you're still taking money on the 3rd I'll send another round when Eileen gets her SSDI check.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Captsteve

I sent money via PayPal,  but not on the list

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Captsteve on November 22, 2018, 06:19:35 AM

Steve, did you get a PM from Mike with your numbers? If not just send him a PM. He'll get you fixed up.

He's been extra busy and add to that the grandkids living with them and kids and the holidays - well you get the idea. Honestly I don't know how he finds the time to do half of what he does.

Sent from my LG-H932 (LG V30 Plus) using Tapatalk

Captsteve

no I did not. thanks

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Lipripper

Quote from: Captsteve on November 22, 2018, 06:19:35 AM

Like Smallie said Mike is very busy but he will get your name on the list. I have your name on my list already since I sent you a PM.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Captsteve

oh I know things get hectic.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

TNDiver

Just changed banks and have to update my PayPal info, but I will be donating.  Hopefully everything is done tomorrow.
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Lipripper

Quote from: TNDiver on November 25, 2018, 11:57:49 AM
Just changed banks and have to update my PayPal info, but I will be donating.  Hopefully everything is done tomorrow.
Thanks for your donating  ~c~ ~c~ I will go ahead and add your name to my list so I won't send you one of my PM's  ;D

DocIrv

I used paypal last week and sent in some $$ to help the family.
UB members get a 20% discount. Use the coupon code UB20 during check out. If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
*But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I ret

Lipripper

Smallie_Stalker

Thank you Irv.

Sent from my LG-H932 (LG V30 Plus) using Tapatalk

Mike Cork

Just a quick update:

Thank You CaptSteve, DocIrv, TNDiver, and an unknown because I can't find your screen name anywhere.  :'(

Now that you saved all that money on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, please help us make sure a needy family has a fantastic holiday as well. Think about it, if you had nothing, what could you do with $20. We blow it without thinking, but if you were in a store and had nothing at home, what would you buy to take to your family to eat... Cheap lunchmeat and cheap cheese maybe? Might be able to get a loaf of bread. Don't forget this person had to walk to the store because they certainly don't have a car...

Come on folks give until it hurts sitting in that comfy chair with the heater or air conditioner on and lights throughout the house. With your wife driving a fancy car to Kroger and using the pick up line so she doesn't have to get out of the car :surrender: Okay that might be over the top but you get what I'm saying, most of us have it really good when it comes to the basics that many families don't have.

Our list of givers is growing, thank you to all ove you!!!

DonM
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
nats
Bud Kennedy
Allaboutfun
mygreenihc
Lee Smith
ZippyDuck
Donald Garner
DBrooke
Lipripper
Apenland01
Smallie_Stalker
Twocold
TerryG
BassinKorea
BURTONboy
Fishballer06
Eric-Maine
geneinnc
Bobsquatch13
Pacific NW Ron
Bassinlou
Bassmanstan
CaptSteve
DocIrv
TNDiver
There is one more? If you don't see your name here it's you!!! send me a message please

Thank you so much to everyone that has given, some of you have been very generous. I am extremely amazed at the generousity of the UB members every year. We're a little behind our normal fundraising but I hope that was becasue everyone was waiting until after Black Friday. So since you saved all that money please help us save a families Christmas.

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

TNDiver I see you and Mike got it figured out and thanks for your donation to help a family out.  ~c~ ~c~

Smallie_Stalker

Looking at that list just warms my heart. UB members are the best!!!  ~c~

Looking at that list I also have an idea who that unknown person may be. If it's who I think it is it wouldn't surprise me if they want to remain unknown?   :-*

the_huber_show

Quote from: Mike Cork on November 27, 2018, 10:00:14 AM
Just a quick update:

Thank You CaptSteve, DocIrv, TNDiver, and an unknown because I can't find your screen name anywhere.  :'(

Now that you saved all that money on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, please help us make sure a needy family has a fantastic holiday as well. Think about it, if you had nothing, what could you do with $20. We blow it without thinking, but if you were in a store and had nothing at home, what would you buy to take to your family to eat... Cheap lunchmeat and cheap cheese maybe? Might be able to get a loaf of bread. Don't forget this person had to walk to the store because they certainly don't have a car...

Come on folks give until it hurts sitting in that comfy chair with the heater or air conditioner on and lights throughout the house. With your wife driving a fancy car to Kroger and using the pick up line so she doesn't have to get out of the car :surrender: Okay that might be over the top but you get what I'm saying, most of us have it really good when it comes to the basics that many families don't have.

Our list of givers is growing, thank you to all ove you!!!

DonM
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
nats
Bud Kennedy
Allaboutfun
mygreenihc
Lee Smith
ZippyDuck
Donald Garner
DBrooke
Lipripper
Apenland01
Smallie_Stalker
Twocold
TerryG
BassinKorea
BURTONboy
Fishballer06
Eric-Maine
geneinnc
Bobsquatch13
Pacific NW Ron
Bassinlou
Bassmanstan
CaptSteve
DocIrv
TNDiver
There is one more? If you don't see your name here it's you!!! send me a message please

Thank you so much to everyone that has given, some of you have been very generous. I am extremely amazed at the generousity of the UB members every year. We're a little behind our normal fundraising but I hope that was becasue everyone was waiting until after Black Friday. So since you saved all that money please help us save a families Christmas.

Mike I sent you a message but my name is not on there

Mike Cork

Sorry about that The_Huber_Show, I just missed putting you on the list  ~b~ with all the ways I track this you wouldn't think I could mess up  ~b~ but I am human and I am old LOL However you were not the person I was looking for...  :surrender: I have always made sure not to put out real names unless I had too, I also won't put dollar amounts. It's just a privacy issue and I want to protect everyone unless they want me to post such information.

If you don't see your name on this list please contact me so I can get your ticket numbers too you

Our list of givers is growing, thank you to all of you!!!

DonM
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
nats
Bud Kennedy
Allaboutfun
mygreenihc
Lee Smith
ZippyDuck
Donald Garner
DBrooke
Lipripper
Apenland01
Smallie_Stalker
Twocold
TerryG
BassinKorea
BURTONboy
Fishballer06
Eric-Maine
geneinnc
Bobsquatch13
Pacific NW Ron
Bassinlou
Bassmanstan
CaptSteve
The_Huber_Show
DocIrv
TNDiver

Cork's Reel Service

the_huber_show

Mike Cork

Bassbuster88 Thank You sir. Just like everyone on the list, your support is what Ultimate Bass and the Adopt a Family program is all about, with each of us giving some we can make a big difference in a needy family's life this holiday season.

Our list of givers, thank you, you all ROCK!!!

DonM
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
nats
Bud Kennedy
Allaboutfun
mygreenihc
Lee Smith
ZippyDuck
Donald Garner
DBrooke
Lipripper
Apenland01
Smallie_Stalker
Twocold
TerryG
BassinKorea
BURTONboy
Fishballer06
Eric-Maine
geneinnc
Bobsquatch13
Pacific NW Ron
Bassinlou
Bassmanstan
CaptSteve
The_Huber_Show
DocIrv
TNDiver
Bassbuster88

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

The_Huber_Show and TNDiver thank y'all for your donation to help a family in need this year. ~c~ ~c~
You too Bassbuster88  ~c~ ~c~ And I'm sorry for sending that PM to you twice.  ~b~

Mike Cork

Folks, we've really slowed down for some reason. It's the 4th so I know everyone got paid. Please we need your support, plus you get chances to win awesome prize packages. I know you have many places to give this time of year, we're just asking you to not spend that coffee money just for one week and donate it to a family that may not make it through the winter without our help.

The Ultimate Bass Adopt a Family has been announced just click here to read their story

Hesgonefishing has been added to our list of givers, you all are the best!!!

DonM
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
nats
Bud Kennedy
Allaboutfun
mygreenihc
Lee Smith
ZippyDuck
Donald Garner
DBrooke
Lipripper
Apenland01
Smallie_Stalker
Twocold
TerryG
BassinKorea
BURTONboy
Fishballer06
Eric-Maine
geneinnc
Bobsquatch13
Pacific NW Ron
Bassinlou
Bassmanstan
CaptSteve
The_Huber_Show
DocIrv
TNDiver
Bassbuster88
Hesgonefishing

Thank you so much to everyone that has given, some of you have been very generous. I am extremely amazed at the generousity of the UB members every year. We're a little behind our normal fundraising but I hope this is because everyone is weighing all the presents they will buy against budgets. Everyone got paid on the 1rst so take a look folks, we need your help, $20 isn't that much to give. You won't even miss it, but collectively with everyone here on UB, it's a life changer.

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Hesgonefishing thanks for your donation and helping out this year.  ~c~ Hesgonefishing I already have your name on my list.  ;D