Ultimate Bass Christmas Adopt A Family Raffle

Started by Mike Cork, October 25, 2018, 09:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

97s281_27

Lipripper

Quote from: 97s281_27 on December 04, 2018, 06:32:40 PM
I sent $40 via PayPal a little while ago
Thanks for your donation and God Bless You.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

nats

Thanks for the reminder, another payment sent

Lipripper

Quote from: nats on December 04, 2018, 09:06:31 PM
Thanks for the reminder, another payment sent
Thanks for donating again nats. Thanks everyone who has donated y'all are going to make this family very happy this Christmas.

Mike Cork

Folks, I've run out of whitty things to say... bottom line is we need your support. The Ultimate Bass Adopt A Family is just that, through finacial donations we adopt a family for the holiday season and provide them with the funds to keep the heat on, buy food, and hopefully if we raise enough they will be able to buy presents for their kids. This years family doesn't even have a car, our support will be life changing. Getting to and from work in a nothern Illinois winter is brutal on a bicycle... Last years fundraising would be enough to buy a decent used vehicle.

I know everyone is tight right now, the holidays are here and we are buying for our own. We are about a thousand dollars behind last years fund raising. That may seem like a lot but if just 50 members give $20 that's $1000, we have over 50 users online right now and nearly 300 lurkers at the time of this post.

I don't want to beg, but PLEASE we need your support, plus you get chances to win awesome prize packages. I know you have many places to give this time of year, we're just asking you to not spend that coffee money just for one week and donate it to a family that may not make it through the winter without our help.

The Ultimate Bass Adopt a Family has been announced just click here to read their story

I got behind on the list, please make sure your name is here

DonM                                    x2
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
nats                                        x2
Bud Kennedy                           x2
Allaboutfun
mygreenihc
Lee Smith                               x2 
ZippyDuck
Donald Garner
DBrooke
Lipripper
Apenland01
Smallie_Stalker
Twocold
TerryG
BassinKorea
BURTONboy
Fishballer06
Eric-Maine
geneinnc
Bobsquatch13
Pacific NW Ron
Bassinlou
Bassmanstan
CaptSteve
The_Huber_Show
DocIrv                                    x2
TNDiver
Bassbuster88
Hesgonefishing
SUPERDUDE
97s281_27
spencerinstl
Jqmustang
Matt20hew
Shawn
Kayankee
Apiazza
Bvirgillito

There is one more? If you don't see your name here it's you!!! send me a message please

Thank you so much to everyone that has given, some of you have been very generous. I am extremely amazed at the generousity of the UB members every year. We're a little behind our normal fundraising but I hope this is because everyone is weighing all the presents they will buy against budgets. Everyone got paid on the 1rst so take a look folks, we need your help, $20 isn't that much to give. You won't even miss it, but collectively with everyone here on UB, it's a life changer.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Here are all the Deets from the first post. What you can win, how to get tickets

Quote from: Mike Cork on October 25, 2018, 09:39:47 AM
Ultimate Bass Adopt A Family Raffle

As many of you long timers know, Ultimate Bass holds a raffle to raise money for a needy family each year. So far, we've helped 6 families over the past 6 Holiday Seasons. These families typically had extreme medical bills that prevented a joy filled holiday season. The recipients can use the funds however they see fit. This family will be picked from suggestions of the membership, by the moderators, with Mother Nature having the final vote.

So first the raffle. I am late getting started (as usual) but so far the raffle consists of:

Ultimate Bass Adopt A Family Raffle Prizes

First place prize:
Gary donated a Dobyns Rods Sierra Series casting rod
UB is donating a quantum casting reel
Mr Twister is donating  $100 worth of plastics
$50 worth NuTech Lures donated by Lee Smith Custom Rods

Second Place:
VRX Fishing Package –
6 Rod Gloves
3 Bait Gloves
2 X Zone Muscle Back Craws Grn Pump Red Flk and Grn Pump Blk Flk
1 X Zone Rebel Chunk Black Blue Lam
1 X Zone MB Hawg Hunter Okeechobee Craw
1 X Zone Adrenaline Bug Summer Craw
1 X Zone Punisher Punch Craw Black Blue Flake
1 X Zone Ned Zone Bass Candy
1 X Zone Whiplash Shad Smoke Peral Laminate
1 X Zone MB Fat Finesse Worm #309
1 X Zone True Center Stick Watermelon Red & Green

Third Place:
K9 Fishing Package –
200 yard spool 12 lb test K9 Pro 100 (100% Fluorocarbon)
550 yard spool 14 lb test K9 Fluoro
K9 Fishing Hat
K9 Fishing Decal

Fourth Place:
NuTech Lures Prize Pack

Fifth Place:
10 packs of Mister Twister Baits - Mike Cork's Favorites

Tickets are your basic Raffle Ticket. Ticket cost:

1 ticket for $5
5 tickets for $20
30 tickets for $100

We take all forms of money but prefer Pay Pal. You can mail a check (please let me know it's coming), did I say we prefer Pay Pal, and if you want to use a CC we can send you a Pay Pal invoice that you can pay without having a Pay Pal account. See the bottom of the post for further information.

I will message you the numbers of your tickets. You'll need to hang onto these numbers. On December 19th we will draw the winners and post the ticket numbers. I'm hoping to do the drawing on Facebook Live to ensure the integrity of the raffle, but that is still to be determined as we need to practice it LOL. (You do not have to have Facebook in order to win, winning numbers will be published on the Ultimate Bass forums)

The funds recipient - We will take nominations over the next two weeks. Please look to your Ultimate Bass neighbors first and then to your local neighborhood. The recipient does not have to be a UB member, but we like to make sure we don't miss one of our own. Please submit a nomination to your moderators or Community Diplomats here on the site.

How to Pay for Tickets

Mailing Address:

Ultimate Bass
C/O Adopt a Family
5422 Amber Circle
Benton La 71006

Pay Pal address

First and foremost, save everyone the fees and send funds as "Friends and Family"
[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]
Please put your "SCREEN NAME" and "Adopt a Family" in the notes section.

Credit Card

Our only option here is to send you an invoice via Pay Pal, you do not have to have a Pay Pal account to pay the invoice. However, there is a 3% surcharge and since this is a fund raiser, I'll split it with you.

Disclaimer: We have to have one so here it goes. All rules of this raffle are subject to change by site administration. Ultimate Bass is not responsible for the delivery of prizes; however we will provide our best efforts to ensure winners receive their prizes in a timely manner

Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

Donation #2 sent.

Come on folks, we can do this with your help.

Sent from my LG-H932 (LG V30 Plus) using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

mygreenihc

Hey Mike,

I just sent a follow-up donation for the Adopt-a-Family fund raiser.  When you get time,  please notify me that you received it.

Brad

SteveTX

Bassinkorea

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Lee Smith

Everyone that has given so far Thanks so much!!  We need a big push here at the end.  For those that haven't gave and can, your missing a great opportunity to change the lives of a family in dire need!  Not counting all the cool packages you could win!! 
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Mike Cork

We had a great day yesterday that really changed the outlook of our totals, yesterday alone we raised almost $600. Just over halfway to that $1k I was talking about.

One more good day like yesterday and we are going to really be able to help this family out. Lipripper has eyes on the family and they are having to borrow money for "groceries" this week. If you've ever been there, it's a hard thing to ask for but with a 1 and 4 year old, you can go hungery but they can't.

$20 in the hands of somone that lives broke, or at best paycheck to paycheck, can buy a lot of groceries.

Read about the Ultimate Bass Adopt a Family that was chosen click here to read their story

DonM                                    x2
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
Allaboutfun
mygreenihc                            x2
ZippyDuck
Donald Garner
DBrooke
Lipripper
Apenland01
Smallie_Stalker
Twocold
TerryG
BassinKorea
BURTONboy
Fishballer06
Eric-Maine
geneinnc
Bobsquatch13
Pacific NW Ron
Bassinlou
Bassmanstan
CaptSteve
The_Huber_Show
TNDiver
Bassbuster88
Hesgonefishing
SUPERDUDE
97s281_27
spencerinstl
Jqmustang
Matt20hew
Shawn
Kayankee
Apiazza
Bvirgillito
Bassmanrudy
Smallie_Stalker
BizJetDriver
Bassinkorea
champriderz
TR21FL
Bassnman81
Scott Rowell
RangerAndBass
mygreenihc
SteveTx
Ted
SFL Basshunter

There is one more? If you don't see your name here it's you!!! send me a message please

We're still behind our normal fundraising but I hope as the season climbs into everyones hearts they can find a way to give. If you've already given, God Bless You and thank you, if you can't give May God Bless You with better ways in the near future.

Thank you so much to everyone that has given, some of you have been very generous. I am extremely amazed at the generousity of the UB members every year.

Mike

Cork's Reel Service

the_huber_show

Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

Smallie_Stalker

SFL BassHunter

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Smallie_Stalker

Lipripper

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on December 11, 2018, 03:39:06 PM
Better late than never. Sent through paypal.
Thanks Rick for helping out and donating this year. Thank everyone who has so been so generous it will make they have a great Christmas this year.

TNDiver

Another donation sent today, remember what to put in the note this time!
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: TNDiver on December 12, 2018, 11:48:17 AM
Thank you so much!

Looks like Mike's got a couple more names to add a X2 beside.

Sent from my LG-H932 (LG V30 Plus) using Tapatalk

Mike Cork

We're getting there but still a little behind prvious years. With just 7 more days to go I need everyone to get with their friends and close family and ask them to help. You're brothers, sisters, close fishing friends can all buy tickets, give them my email address, have them send a Pay Pal with their email in the comments and I'll get them their numbers, it's that easy.

One more good day like Monday and we are going to really be able to help this family out. Lipripper has eyes on the family and they are having to borrow money for "groceries" this week. Both mom and dad work, but with daycare and trying to get the car fixed it's just not working. If you've ever been there, it's a hard thing to ask for money to buy food. But with a 1 and 4 year old you have too.

$20 in the hands of somone that lives broke, or at best paycheck to paycheck, can buy a lot of groceries.

Read about the Ultimate Bass Adopt a Family that was chosen click here to read their story

Updated to add a couple more donations... Thank you everyone...  ~bb

DonM                                     x2
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
Allaboutfun                              x2
mygreenihc                             x2
ZippyDuck
Donald Garner
DBrooke
Lipripper
Apenland01
Smallie_Stalker                     x2
Twocold
TerryG
BassinKorea
BURTONboy
Fishballer06
Eric-Maine
geneinnc
Bobsquatch13
Pacific NW Ron
Bassinlou
Bassmanstan
CaptSteve
The_Huber_Show
TNDiver                                  x2
Bassbuster88
Hesgonefishing
SUPERDUDE
97s281_27
spencerinstl
Jqmustang
Matt20hew
Shawn
Kayankee
Apiazza
Bvirgillito
Bassmanrudy
Smallie_Stalker
BizJetDriver
Bassinkorea
champriderz
TR21FL
Bassnman81
Scott Rowell
RangerAndBass
mygreenihc
SteveTx
Ted
SFL Basshunter
Burbarry
oldratt

We're still behind our normal fundraising but I hope as the season climbs into everyones hearts they can find a way to give. If you've already given, God Bless You and thank you, if you can't give May God Bless You with better ways in the near future.

Thank you so much to everyone that has given, some of you have been very generous. I am extremely amazed at the generousity of the UB members every year.

Mike

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: TNDiver on December 12, 2018, 11:48:17 AM
Thank you very much and thanks to everyone for all your generous giving. I have to bite my lip to stop from telling them what's going on. My daughter Robin and her husband Jorge (who live in our basement ) go over on some days to watch the boys over at their house because both Nick and Adriana have to work. They was over there this weekend babysitting and Robin just told me that there was hardly any food in the house. We are going to invite them over one night when they both have the same day or evening off and give them the money everyone has given and we are going to try and take a short video or at least some pictures to share with all of y'all right here on Ultimate Bass so y'all can share in the joy of making their Christmas a Marry Christmas for sure.

Lee Smith

Guys, time is running out, dig deep please!  We ARE going to help a family this year that is in dire need, be a part of it and see how awesome it is!!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Mike Cork

$20 in the hands of somone that lives broke, or at best paycheck to paycheck, can buy a lot of groceries. Laurie and I made a pot of chili and corn bread muffins for $13 dollars last night. Laurie, myself and our two grandsons will eat on that at least twice more. If you think $20 doesn't go a long way... Chili, beans and ham, gumbo, are just a couple meals that feed a family more than one night and are less than a twenty dollar bill. 

Updated to add deltaratl's donation... Thank you everyone...  ~bb

DonM                                     x2
FD
Tyler Townsend
JKarbo214
nats                                        x3
Allaboutfun                              x2
mygreenihc                             x2
ZippyDuck
Donald Garner
DBrooke
Lipripper
Apenland01
Smallie_Stalker                     x2
Twocold
TerryG
BassinKorea
BURTONboy
Fishballer06
Eric-Maine
geneinnc
Bobsquatch13
Pacific NW Ron
Bassinlou
Bassmanstan
CaptSteve
The_Huber_Show
TNDiver                                  x2
Bassbuster88
Hesgonefishing
SUPERDUDE
97s281_27
spencerinstl
Jqmustang
Matt20hew
Shawn
Kayankee
Apiazza
Bvirgillito
Bassmanrudy
Smallie_Stalker
BizJetDriver
Bassinkorea
champriderz
TR21FL
Bassnman81
Scott Rowell
RangerAndBass
mygreenihc
SteveTx
Ted
SFL Basshunter
Burbarry
oldratt
deltaratl
Roadrunner

Mike

Cork's Reel Service

FD

Mike,

Since I was going to donate again anyway, I have a challenge for the UB members.  Instead of buying myself more tackle that I don't need, I'm going to put that money to good work helping someone who needs it.

I will match every dollar donated between now and the  cutoff.

I lived the life of the young couple we are helping when my kids were little.

Even though it was decades ago, their story brought back the feelings of desperation I had when I was fired with 2 kids under 4 years old and my wife was a stay at home Mom. Long story short, that was the event that lead me to starting my own business, but in the beginning it was a lot of PB&J's and Mac and Cheese - for years.

Let's raise enough money so they can at least buy a beater car to get to work.

Sent from the end of the paved road...
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Mike Cork

WOW that's a serious challange. Folks you can't let this go unchecked :shocking:

We have until the 19th. All you guys that gave twenty already, if you can find it to do it again you'll be giving a total of $60. Your earlier twenty, twenty now and the twenty that FD will match.

It's up to all of you, with a challange like this, we can definitely get this family into a used car!!!

BTW, FD thank you, this is over the top awesome!!!

Cork's Reel Service