Eastern MA fishing report

Started by MassBassin508, July 07, 2017, 03:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MassBassin508

Starting this thread so we can BS about bodies of water in eastern MA.Stuff like,what colors and presentations are working for you and whats not.Whether or not a new spot you hit is worth fishing.Stuff like that.I hit Highland lake in Walpole yesterday for a bit.Found a bunch of new spots as I finally started exploring the bank.GREAT frogging location.They we hitting the bullfrog popping pad crasher left and right but couldnt get the hookset.Caught a few few on a bluegill swim jig and watermelon meat rage craw trailer.Was thinking of hitting A-1 in Westborough tomorrow morning just so I can grab some Chik-fil-A.
Fish,Eat,Sleep......Rinse and Repeat.

Smallie_Stalker

Thanks for the report.  ~c~

Growing up I had lots of family in Dedham and Walpole and fished lots of different waters there. I may have fished Highland at some point.

I haven't even wet a line yet this year. When I do i will post some reports back here.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

MassBassin508

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on July 07, 2017, 03:58:57 PM
Thanks for the report.  ~c~

Growing up I had lots of family in Dedham and Walpole and fished lots of different waters there. I may have fished Highland at some point.

I haven't even wet a line yet this year. When I do i will post some reports back here.
Thanks buddy.Keep it coming
Fish,Eat,Sleep......Rinse and Repeat.

missbass

I live in Dedham and Mother Brook runs through my backyard. I am not pulling any monsters out of it, I stick to micro rod/reel and tackle, but it's fun and gets the fishing urge out of my system.

Last Sunday I threw my beetle spinner (white) to the other bank and boom a little largemouth grabbed it probably about 6" long (largemouth bass are kind of rare to catch back there). Got greedy and threw it again, only to get it hung up in a branch. Since then I pulled out a calico bass on Monday using a small crankbait (brown with gold bottom), and got that stuck on the other bank as well. (got to get the boots on and get those back, the beetle spin is my lucky lure) Last night had another crankbait (same colors) and pulled out two perch first and second cast.

Crankbaits are the way to go for that area 99% of the time due to the water getting lower in the summer, but this year it was pretty high most of the summer after our wet winter/spring.

Smallie_Stalker

Glad to see you stop by missbass and thanks for the report. Don't be such a stranger.

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and don't forget to put your boots on and get them lures back. lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

missbass

Got the beetle spin back over the weekend  :). Was able to do it with flip flops since the brook is extremely low right now with the dam up river being fixed. Never found my crankbait, but got my other one stuck the next day  ~b~ but went and got that back same day.

With the dam being repaired and the water so shallow, about all I've caught lately is just some sunfish. Some of them were so small, I don't know how they even were able to grab on to the lure.

Smallie_Stalker

Always nice to get a favorite lure back. I think most of us have caught those tiny fish. On back-to-back casts with the same bait (Heddon Tiny Torpedo) once I caught a 3 pound bass and then one so small it was barely bigger than the lure.

muzz

A-1, fished that once in a canoe in early 80's, there is so much cover it was ridiculous, I really needed to spend a bunch more time there.