FLO GROWN

Those small caliber guns are very finicky about what ammo u feed them

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

"Tight lines"

SteveTX

Quote from: FLO GROWN on November 13, 2018, 03:01:47 PM
Those small caliber guns are very finicky about what ammo u feed them

How is it that the gun is "very finicky"? In my experience the question is why is it "very finicky". I have a few and had other small caliber guns. When used with the correct ammunition they worked flawlessly. If the gun is screaming it will only function because of a brand on a box someone needs to look closer at the problem, guns cant read. Same if its a particular style FMJ vs say a HP. There is a reason and its not because of a brand. When you go buy a gun you see what caliber it is to get the correct ammunition. Not what brand and caliber or brand style and caliber. The barrels I have read don't say: Use .380 Remington only! or Use .380 Hornady only! etc. Even Rugers spec sheet doesnt say anywhere so much as a preferred brand or style. 

Above all small caliber guns should be extremely reliable. These are the guns many just like Mike purchased are for his wife's self defense. That gun should eat any .380 round that is of the proper standard load. If it wont its junk end of story. Who sends their wife out with a POS that only will shoot some brand or style of bullet.   :-* I guess someone with good insurance on her might.  lo

FLO GROWN

Just from my experience owning the same gun I noticed having alot of jams with certain ammo

"Tight lines"

SteveTX

Quote from: FLO GROWN on November 13, 2018, 03:36:04 PM
Just from my experience owning the same gun I noticed having alot of jams with certain ammo

They are very nice people and were very helpful when I dealt with them. They want your Ruger to be flawless. It reflects on them and could save your a__ one day. I'm telling ya If I can send a pawn shop bought Ruger in no one else should have a problem.

SteelHorseCowboy

Steve, I have the same opinion on ammo, I'm not into expensive paperweights so my guns better eat what they're fed.

But the youngest boy has one that won't, and the manufacturer actually recommends (over the phone) only ONE brand/type of ammo. This is the Walther P22. Nowhere in the owners manual or on their website did it mention this at the time, but when I called them to complain that it was leading so bad it wouldn't even chamber a round after the first mag, first thing I was asked was "What ammo?"
Apparently this gun will only eat Remington Golden Bullet ammo reliably.
Well, that's fine to an extent, as it's personally my favorite 22 pistol plinking ammo (I prefer CCI Mini Mag for rifles), but it kind of ticked me off because my dad had just given the boy about 2,000 rounds of Winchester 22 ammo for his birthday!
We got plenty of trigger time on our rifles, that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk