Ark Rods

Started by fishballer06, November 08, 2018, 03:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishballer06

Does anyone here have any experience with Ark rods? They've got some good looking sticks, but I can't get my hands on one around here. I know they're based out of Florida and we've got some southern boys here, so hopefully some of you fellas can chime in.
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

the_huber_show

No experience but I just looked them up and they are def sharp looking.  Decent prices too
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

loomisguy

I have the Invoker 7ft 3 Mag MH. Great rod for the money.. Kinda has a JDM look. I throw spinnerbaits and buzzbaits on it mostly but it would make a jig rod. Mine came from Okeechobee tackle.
The owner Louie used to be with Halo . I guess he and Randall Tharp started Ark.
I think the Invoker and the Phenix feather are about the best at that price point right now.

fishballer06

Quote from: loomisguy on November 09, 2018, 05:16:12 AM
I have the Invoker 7ft 3 Mag MH. Great rod for the money.. Kinda has a JDM look. I throw spinnerbaits and buzzbaits on it mostly but it would make a jig rod. Mine came from Okeechobee tackle.
The owner Louie used to be with Halo . I guess he and Randall Tharp started Ark.

That's the rod I was considering in the Sniper line. How's the weight and sensitivity on that stick?
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

loomisguy

I would put the sensitivity in line with a Champion or Avid. I have a E series Citica on mine and it balances just in front of the reel nut.
It also makes a nice smaller Paddle tail rod, 3/8 oz. head or there abouts.
They hadn't come out with the Sniper line when I got the Invoker but I would like to try one.

1ReelFanatik

Couple reviews.

https://www.wired2fish.com/rods/first-look-ark-sniper-casting-rod/

https://www.wired2fish.com/tackle-reviews/ark-rods-invoker-series-casting-rod-review/

http://tackletour.com/reviewarkrodsivk70mxc.html

http://tackletour.com/reviewarkrodsvip72mhxc.html

Personally I really want to try one from the Invoker and Sniper series.  They sound like excellent rods.  I seldom get the chance to handle a rod before buying.  Reviews and opinions on forums like this one are how I determine which rod to buy.  So far I have been disappointed only once....and that was because I didn't do the research first.

FLO GROWN

I just got two Ark invokers on black Friday for $149 for both and they are amazing rods I hear alot of people compare them to champion but I'd take an Ark invoker over champion , bites felt like an explosion in your hand , very light, sensitive and balanced rod.

"Tight lines"

LgMouthGambler

Ark is becoming a known stick for sure. They have amazing blank for their offerings, and the actions are definitely on par for what we deal with down here. Bang for the buck, you cant beat them, especially when you find a deal on them. I have the Sniper 7'1 MH XF. Thats a $200 rod that I got on sale at TW for $90. Let me tell you, that rod is worth the $200 no doubt. I dont think there is a rod in the price range that can touch it. FLOGROWN got them 2 Invokers for half off retail, and they are just nuts. Look out to all the big names, because there is a new kid on the block, and they are coming in full force. I can see the similarities tied in to the Halo builds for sure, because I love the Daylites that I have. Bravo Ark to bringing big quality at small cost.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

LgMouthGambler

PS. Ark Lancer on Clearance at TW for $79.97, and with the online sale its like $63. (Ask me how I know  lo). Oh, but you have till 5pm Pacific Time to place the order.  ~beer~
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rcjoutdoors

Tackle Tour has a new review up on their reinforcer rod, seems like a great stick.
Fishing is life!