SFL BassHunter

First off, thanks Big G for the invite.

Conditions:
Blue Bird Skies
Air Temp 80-90 Degrees
Water Temp 81
Water Clarity: Clear
Wind: NW 0-2 MPH

Big G and I met up this morning and went it to Loxahatchee and fished the flats.
We tired a bunch of baits and the fishing was  tough. I started with a Johnson's Silver minnow with a small finesse worm as the trailer. It looked really cool in the water as it wobbled and the tail had a nice S motion.
Then I tried a zoom chunk ad the trailer. Still no bites. George caught a few early with a fluke and eventually I switched to one myself.
I could figure out the bite he was on. I fished the fluke weightless instead and jerked it fast. My fish all hit using this technique.

The fluke did best followed up by a 4" stick bait that George tossed around for a bit.
A total of 10 bass and a Mayan were boated.

The biggest bass caught wasabi yet 13.75" though George did lose a decent fish early. But we aren't sure if it was a bass or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

big g

Always a great time fishing with Rick.  ~c~
The weather was a factor for the fisherman.  With little wind, and clear sky, the heat was unbearable.  I started with a chatterbait.  Its a new model with a swing hook attached.  Good vibration, and good going through the thick grass.  The bass were not thrilled, so I switched to a fluke.  Caught a few quickly close to the bank.  Threw it around a clump of sawgrass and a big fish hit.  Had it hooked for a minute and then it dived into the sawgrass and came back with the fluke ripped in half.  It might have been a big gar or mudfish since it sliced the fluke in half and it was a huge boil.

Things got tougher and switched to a stick-o with a few more brought into the boat.  Except for a few kayakers,  we had the flats to ourselves all morning.  The weeds are getting thicker and navigating the flat became more difficult the further east we went.  We both agreed it was time to call it at 11:00.

Thanks Rick for going.  No signs of bedding anywhere we fished.  Tough fishing but we did boat 10.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

rchiuz

Nice report, glad you guys found some fish. The heat is rough, any breeze is welcomed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the worst thing about being a bank fisher? Always having to watch out for dog poop LOL

FlatsNBay

Don't worry G, cold front is coming! Nice report. Thanks for posting!

big g

Quote from: FlatsNBay on November 10, 2018, 05:24:27 PM
Don't worry G, cold front is coming! Nice report. Thanks for posting!

~beer~ ~beer~ ~beer~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

Thank you for the report guys. Sorry to hear it was tough outing.

big g

Quote from: Bassinlou on November 10, 2018, 06:04:02 PM
Thank you for the report guys. Sorry to hear it was tough outing.

I'm sure with cloud cover the bite would of been better.  There just was none, and they were buried in that bottom cover, and it is everywhere.

LgMouthGambler

Was a tough weekend for sure. Moon phase sucked. At least you caught some. Everywhere down here is getting very interesting in the way nature is acting.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

big g

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 12, 2018, 04:40:44 AM
Was a tough weekend for sure. Moon phase sucked. At least you caught some. Everywhere down here is getting very interesting in the way nature is acting.

<")))>{

How did you do up north on your trip?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: big g on November 12, 2018, 07:10:02 PM
How did you do up north on your trip?
Few fish. Nothing big. They hit like a freight train though since the water was cold.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

FloridaFishinFool

We need photos Rick! What's a fishing trip without photos!  :-*

Heck, I just like looking at the places people fish if nothing else!
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

big g

Quote from: FloridaFishinFool on November 13, 2018, 07:40:15 AM
We need photos Rick! What's a fishing trip without photos!  :-*

Heck, I just like looking at the places people fish if nothing else!

None Kodak worthy!