Exotic type of day

Started by Capt. BassinLou, November 10, 2018, 05:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Since I'm still experimenting with spoon's. Found out our South Florida Exotics love them too!! Lol!!

zippyduck

Head over to saltwater next and keep adding to the list.
Cool catches.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

D.W. Verts

Lou's buckin' to become the "spoon guy" instead of Mr. Frogger.
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: D.W. Verts on November 11, 2018, 06:15:59 AM
Lou's buckin' to become the "spoon guy" instead of Mr. Frogger.

Dale, I don't know if this happens to you, but with me, there are lures and techniques I connect with. Yes, the frog is one of them  lo, as well as a handful of other techniques and lures. I have purposely fished with the spoon for a couple of days now, and I have to say, I'm feeling a connection with this lure too. The spoon goes in line with my style of fishing. It's crazy what happens when you step outside your comfort zone and try a new technique with an open mind.  ~beer~

Braden

Lou, were you using a trailer? I didn't see one in the pic, but did not know if the trailer was just coming off when the fish hit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Braden on November 11, 2018, 08:11:36 AM
Lou, were you using a trailer? I didn't see one in the pic, but did not know if the trailer was just coming off when the fish hit it.

For these Peacock's I was not using a trailer. The peacock's were more receptive to the spoon naked, I think its because the spoon is more eratic when it doesn't have the drag of a trailer. The previous day I was using a trailer but they kept flying off.

Braden

Quote from: Bassinlou on November 11, 2018, 08:16:29 AM
For these Peacock's I was not using a trailer. The peacock's were more receptive to the spoon naked, I think its because the spoon is more eratic when it doesn't have the drag of a trailer. The previous day I was using a trailer but they kept flying off.

10-4, thanks! I may have to try it both ways then.

Lipripper

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

the_huber_show

That is a beautiful looking fish!
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

Mike Cork

I love how bright peacock bass are, I'm gonna have to find my way down and go on a guided trip :-* FYI up here in Louisiana frog sand spoons go together. One backs up the other. Sometimes the spoon swimming by wakes them up and they will smack the frog, other times when they are just playing with the frog, swim the spoon by them and see what happens.  :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Pacific NW Ron

Nice looking fish Lou.  I might have to give this a try in the spring.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Stren_g

great lookin bass! Yep, adding a couple of spoons to the spring shopping list!

dMatey