Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bilge pump on nitro  (Read 190 times)

Burbarry

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Bilge pump on nitro
« on: November 19, 2018, 08:49:20 AM »

I noticed that my bilge pump doesnít turn on automatically. Is this normal for nitro boats? I ordered a new one just Incase itís bad. Iím also not really seeing a float switch for this to make it automatically turn on. I may need to add a float switch and change out my off/on switch on the dash with a off/on/auto switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FloridaFishinFool

• Charter Member
    • Kel's Rod & Reel Repair
Re: Bilge pump on nitro
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 09:01:40 AM »

Iím also not really seeing a float switch for this to make it automatically turn on.

Sometimes the float switch is inside the pump housing. Could be a fuse inline somewhere?

Definitely make sure it works!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 12:30:25 PM by FloridaFishinFool »

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 09:02:03 AM »

I don't have an answer for you but I do have a question.  If you are getting water in your bilge, where is it coming from?

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 12:04:10 PM »

I noticed that my bilge pump doesnít turn on automatically. Is this normal for nitro boats? I ordered a new one just Incase itís bad. Iím also not really seeing a float switch for this to make it automatically turn on. I may need to add a float switch and change out my off/on switch on the dash with a off/on/auto switch.

What year and model? Not all boats come with an automatic bilge system. If you have a rocker switch on the dash that suggests there is an automatic then there may be something wrong with an internal float on your current pump. Most bilge pumps for nitro are Atwood and they use and external float so I'd question whether you have an auto system.

If you pay attention a manual system is sufficent but the auto systems are much safer.
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Burbarry

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 07:22:11 PM »

I don't have an answer for you but I do have a question.  If you are getting water in your bilge, where is it coming from?

Itís coming from when I stop on water Iím getting better at giving it a little gas before stopping at the end but itís not much usually. Even after moving all day.

Burbarry

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 07:25:47 PM »

What year and model? Not all boats come with an automatic bilge system. If you have a rocker switch on the dash that suggests there is an automatic then there may be something wrong with an internal float on your current pump. Most bilge pumps for nitro are Atwood and they use and external float so I'd question whether you have an auto system.

If you pay attention a manual system is sufficent but the auto systems are much safer.

I do have a rocker switch that is just off or on. It is a 2005. The Current pump is Mayfair marine 500gph. I bought a direct replacement but itís a Johnson pump. I think manual should be ok will just have to run the pump halfway through the day for a little while then shut it off.

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 07:30:07 PM »

Itís coming from when I stop on water Iím getting better at giving it a little gas before stopping at the end but itís not much usually. Even after moving all day.

OH OK, A very common thing.  We all get some water over the transom from time to time.  My old Ranger has a very large splash well that catches the water when I come off plane to stop a little too quickly.  That little touch of the throttle will become second nature to you so no big deal.

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 03:01:39 PM »

It's not a hard deal to install an automatic bilge and use the manual one as a backup, tie it in to the drain hose and you're set to go.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 23 queries.