New Tatula 100

Started by LgMouthGambler, November 26, 2018, 04:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Anybody been playing with them yet? Sportsmans Outfitters is running them for $99.95 with free shipping. Of course, for that kind of coin, I just had to grab one. (It's the TT way). Lol There is a bit of eyesore with the nut cap and stuff, but I might have an sacrilegious way to get rid of it. Let's see what it looks like in person. Should be here in the next week.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

crankenstein

Uhhhh...the TT way? Copy and paste is not your friend if you forget what forum you're on.  UB, not TT  😂😂😂😂😂

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: crankenstein on November 26, 2018, 06:17:35 PM
Uhhhh...the TT way? Copy and paste is not your friend if you forget what forum you're on.  UB, not TT  😂😂😂😂😂
I did that on purpose. Figured a few people might get the jokes. Lol.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

crankenstein

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 26, 2018, 06:45:10 PM
I did that on purpose. Figured a few people might get the jokes. Lol.

<")))>{

I see. Since it's the same post over there, guess I didn't get the joke lol.

SFL BassHunter

So did you receive it yet???? Lol
I've been curious about them.
I wanna know how much smaller it is than the CT and how the parts compare!
Come on man!!!! Hurry up and tell us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on November 28, 2018, 06:01:27 AM
So did you receive it yet???? Lol
I've been curious about them.
I wanna know how much smaller it is than the CT and how the parts compare!
Come on man!!!! Hurry up and tell us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool your tits.  lo Ill post it as soon as I get it. You know this maaaaaaaaaan!  ~beer~

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 28, 2018, 07:42:38 AM
Cool your tits.  lo Ill post it as soon as I get it. You know this maaaaaaaaaan!  ~beer~

Yeah I know.

*Impatiently waiting.*
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Stren_g

This may be my next reel, unless they come out with a fuego 100. I could live without the T-wing.

Dink Dawg

I've had mine for about a month now.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dink Dawg on November 28, 2018, 08:49:48 PM
I've had mine for about a month now.
So far, what do you think? Do you have a CT version to compare it to? I like the looks, minus the nut cap and drag star, but that's gonna be taken care of once I reassemble it.

<")))>{

LgMouthGambler

And the reel has arrived.

<")))>{

LgMouthGambler

Up on the table, it gets torn down and modded a bit.

Changed the levelwind bushings to bearings. Added a 85mm JDM handle, as well as a Zion drag star. The ugly nut cap had to go to. Little bit of a red touch added with a chrome nut. 

<")))>{

Dink Dawg

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 29, 2018, 05:52:38 AM
So far, what do you think? Do you have a CT version to compare it to? I like the looks, minus the nut cap and drag star, but that's gonna be taken care of once I reassemble it.

<")))>{

I have a CT and three CT Type R's.  I like the 100 very much.  I can obtain more casting distance with better control, no fluff. The main issue that I prefer over the CT Type R is the cast control is very progressive from full on to free.  You can see the progression for individual control setting. I did a side by side with my SS SV and could cast (3/8) farther with the Tatula.

The casting distance is surprising in that the Type R Spool is lighter than the 100. You would think it would be the other way around. I actually like the knobs. It's certainly smooth and fluid during the retrieve. I got mine for 109.99.  At 99.99, it is an absolute best value in my eyes. I have a Lews MB as well and I prefer the Tatula 100 by far and the MB has been is a great performer. The Tat is going on my jerk bait rod. It's a keeper.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Dink Dawg on December 01, 2018, 08:52:22 PM

I have a CT and three CT Type R's.  I like the 100 very much.  I can obtain more casting distance with better control, no fluff. The main issue that I prefer over the CT Type R is the cast control is very progressive from full on to free.  You can see the progression for individual control setting. I did a side by side with my SS SV and could cast (3/8) farther with the Tatula.

The casting distance is surprising in that the Type R Spool is lighter than the 100. You would think it would be the other way around. I actually like the knobs. It's certainly smooth and fluid during the retrieve. I got mine for 109.99.  At 99.99, it is an absolute best value in my eyes. I have a Lews MB as well and I prefer the Tatula 100 by far and the MB has been is a great performer. The Tat is going on my jerk bait rod. It's a keeper.
That's true, and funny that the spool is heavier on the new Tat. It must be in the magnets and rotor profiles have changed. I would assume I'm gonna get close to the same distance with either one, except for the SV of course.

<")))>{

LgMouthGambler

I finally got to take the new 100 and the SV out to do some casting. Both reels spooled with 40lb J Braid x8 Grand. Given the SV is supposed to cast lighter baits better, I rigged a 1/16oz weight and a lizard to the SV. I also rigged a 1/8oz weight and a lizrd to the new 100. Casting both with the same rod, the SV had better distance with easier manageability of the spool. When I switched the SV to the 1/8oz weight, that SV opened up immensely. Both reels are in stock form internally, with the exception of the 100, which I changed out the bushings in the levelwind for bearings. That does not affect the casting though, so it really doesnt pan out in the test. But even still, the SV felt smoother all around.

Here is a picture to show where I seen the only advantage to the 100, the overall height. I mounted it on a different rod just to get a side by side comparison.

<")))>{

Mike Cork

Huh... I figured it was going to ge more of a "citica" kind of deal, because of the price point. Thanks for the review ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Mike Cork on December 03, 2018, 10:55:11 AM
Huh... I figured it was going to ge more of a "citica" kind of deal, because of the price point. Thanks for the review ~c~

No. They just dropped the MSRP to not interfere with the pricepoint of the SV Tatula. They have the Fuego CT for the "Citica" type of reel. Even though the Citica is almost $50 more than the Fuego.

Mike Cork

I've cleaned a couple Fuego CT's, very decent reel.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Mike Cork on December 03, 2018, 02:05:13 PM
I've cleaned a couple Fuego CT's, very decent reel.

Internally they are basically identical to the Tatula CT reels.