Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Always Making Tackle!

(Read 898 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

bigjim5589

I posted this jig already in the Bass Fishing Techniques, Presentations and Lures forum under the "Confidence" title!

Here's a spinnerbait I've been playing with, that has a fiber type weed guard. I have a few more ideas coming soon!

Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker! It's Not Just A Hobby, It's An OBSESSION!!

Bassinkorea

• UB Nightshift
  • CM Chief Community Diplomat
  • UB for life - UB Life Member
Nice work yet again JIm.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

merc1997

• On Heaven's Lake
  • Baby Bass
I posted this jig already in the Bass Fishing Techniques, Presentations and Lures forum under the "Confidence" title!

Here's a spinnerbait I've been playing with, that has a fiber type weed guard. I have a few more ideas coming soon!
big jim just a thought.  if you add the weedguard to the head, then it would make sense to shorten the blade arm sense it is essentially a hook guard also.

bo
On Heaven's Lake

bigjim5589

Thanks Steve!  :)

Bo, that's been considered. I don't think the arm will be the issue, but that blade may be. I would expect the weed guard to be trimmed too. But, as most of what I play around with, it's still a work in progress!

Thanks for your reply!  :)

merc1997

• On Heaven's Lake
  • Baby Bass
Thanks Steve!  :)

Bo, that's been considered. I don't think the arm will be the issue, but that blade may be. I would expect the weed guard to be trimmed too. But, as most of what I play around with, it's still a work in progress!

Thanks for your reply!  :)
bigjim, you know that i am all about the hookup.  pretty frustrating to get them to hit and not hookup or loose them from being poorly hooked.  actually the best center based weedguard we used to use, we made them using polypropolene rope.  we shredded it out and tied to the neck of the head and then curled it up and over to protect the hook.  it collapsed down without rolling the hook over flat like the bristle bundles tend to do.

bo
On Heaven's Lake

bigjim5589

Thanks Bo! I agree, no lure is worth a hoot if you can't hook up! I'll certainly keep your suggestion in mind!
Very much appreciate your comments & input!  ~c~

As I said, this is a work in progress for me, so I'm willing to experiment!

I have some nylon coated wire too that I want to try in some different configurations, based on ideas I've seen.  :)