Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you do for you?  (Read 243 times)

Bassinlou

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Mr. Frogger
What do you do for you?
« on: January 05, 2019, 10:28:37 AM »

As I read through this forum, many of us currently have or have had our slew of orthopedic and muscular-skeletal injuries. Medical interventions like surgery, pain mgmt, and physical therapy are some of the avenues we have utilized at one point or another to treat these injuries/conditions. 

For discussion purposes, what steps have some of you taken to help maintain or improve your ADL's (Activity of Daily Living), while dealing with your particular orthopedic/muscular-skeletal injury(s)? What healthy habits have you adopted to help yourself, that you feel can help someone with similar injuries/conditions?  Examples of these habits may be: working out, yoga, meditation, acupuncture, walking. weigh loss, etc...

What say you?

Team 4 Community Diplomat
Forum Moderator for: Florida, Catch of the Day and Bank Fishing for Bass
Florida Bass Fishing Reports

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Good things come to those who bait !!!
Re: What do you do for you?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 12:42:38 PM »

Stretching, dumbbells, walking and some core exercises I learned in PT for my back.
I've also been making more of an effort to eat controlled portions of healthier foods and cutting out the soda. Extra pounds in the abdominal area put a lot of stress on the lower back and I have significant back issues. I've had injections but they are temporary relief at best so I'm looking to improve my overall ability on my own. I would like to try acupuncture though but at the moment it's not financially doable.

Sent from my LG-H932 (LG V30 Plus) using Tapatalk
Supporting Companies: Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Fenwick  Shakespeare  Spiderwire

Deadeye

• Charter Member
  • You going Fishing again? Well Duh, I'm breathing.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 07:40:21 AM »

The Back Injections were a God Send for me. I went from not really being able to walk to feeling like a new man. I had them injected in 3 areas, 1 on each side of the spine for a total of 6, each week for 3 weeks.

First week, Meh. Nothing

2nd week, um maybe. Not anything to get excited about.

3rd week, ok I felt a little better.

Next week to the day, VOLIA! I woke up and for the first time in 10 months I didn't have pain.

I continued to get a set of Booster Shots every 3 months for 2-3 years. Eventually I was able to go longer and longer and now I get them 1-2 a year.

The other was Water PT, prescribed by my Dr. As it was explained to me my body had learned to "tighten up" to protect itself. We had to train it that it was OK to move again. I went twice a week for 2 months. It really helped.

Muscle Point Injections also helped a lot with the Muscle Pain.

And as a Last Resort in the area where I had fractured 4 vertebrae and no one would believe me enough to really look, since I was walking and not screaming out of my mind (I have a very high tolerance for pain and have been on Pain Pills for years), Once an MRI was done 3 of the 4 had healed and the 4th was starting. The only thing that worked there was having the Nerve Ends Burnt. It worked and did so for over a year, I'm ready to have it done again.

The last thing for me is a collection of Pain, Muscle Relaxer, Vitamins, and other Prescriptions. I take a handful each morning and then more 3 -4 times during the day. Most of the vitamins were told to me by my Neurosurgeon for Spine and Bone Health and include: K2, Bioton, Magnesium, Calcium and a Daily.
Eternal Optimism. It's what drives me to fish. Next cast is THE cast that will provide the reason why I am here. Big Bass, Small Bass, No Bass-- Everyday and Every Time out learn something. What worked and what didn't and why. In the end go enough days and then, Today is the day that it will all come together and the Fish Gods will smile.

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 01:14:43 PM »

I do what I'm able at the gym, helps me stay mobile and control my blood sugar.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 25 queries.