Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weather Changes, especially Rain and Cold, really effect you.  (Read 67 times)

Deadeye

• Charter Member
  • You going Fishing again? Well Duh, I'm breathing.
Weather Changes, especially Rain and Cold, really effect you.
« on: December 05, 2018, 06:49:34 AM »

This year more than ever the weather is having an effect on me. Yeah I have for some time felt stiff or sore when the rains came of the weather changed, but this year its really getting bad.

Of course the fact that the weather here is sunny and in the 80's one day and then drops into the 40's with highs in the 50's 2 days later before soaring back up into the high 70's doesn't help matters much.

This winter it is my Knees that are feeling it. I mean they are getting painful even just sitting and doing nothing. Last couple of nights I had to spray them down with a Pain Relief Spray, in addition to my normal pills, just to get them calm enough to sleep.

My legs are swelled from my hips to my knees, so than isn't helping either. Not really sure if that is still a side effect of the Cancer Treatment or not. I know the sweats have gotten real bad again. Almost 8 weeks since the last Radiation Treatment.

Anyway, this winter is already taking it's toll on me.
Eternal Optimism. It's what drives me to fish. Next cast is THE cast that will provide the reason why I am here. Big Bass, Small Bass, No Bass-- Everyday and Every Time out learn something. What worked and what didn't and why. In the end go enough days and then, Today is the day that it will all come together and the Fish Gods will smile.

D.W. Verts

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
Re: Weather Changes, especially Rain and Cold, really effect you.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 07:12:25 PM »

I've been a mess these last few days- hurt all over. I've been workin' thru it, but everyone says it's the weather.
I'm just lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime...

Pacific NW Ron

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 04:24:26 PM »

Yes sir.  I used to fish in cold rain, cold rain, hail, sleet, snow etc. with no gloves and be just fine.  Any more if the temp gets down into the mid 40's I can't fish more than an hour or so.  My arthritic hands just kill me. Cold bothers me real bad.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 04:47:20 PM »

Yep, weather has a big effect on joints especially, with the up and down we've been having here it's been bugging me too. Fred, I hope you get to feeling better real soon!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 24 queries.