Mother Nature in hospital

Started by DonM, December 06, 2018, 10:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonM

Laurie slipped and fell at her home, hitting her head on the floor, and was rushed to E.R.  The good news is she is doing o.k., with a severe headache and back and neck pain, but tests seem to show nothing really severe.
She will be there for a few days probably.
Please join me in praying for here quick and complete recovery!
DonM

Princeton_Man

Prayers sent up. Thanks Don!

I saw Mike's post earlier and had no idea it was that severe. 
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

bigjim5589

Dang! Sorry to hear that! Indeed, Prayers following!
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Lipripper

Quote from: DonM on December 06, 2018, 10:51:55 AM
Laurie slipped and fell at her home, hitting her head on the floor, and was rushed to E.R.  The good news is she is doing o.k., with a severe headache and back and neck pain, but tests seem to show nothing really severe.
She will be there for a few days probably.
Please join me in praying for here quick and complete recovery!
Don thanks for letting us know and for sure will be saying lots of prayers for her. Glad she is going to be OK except for the severe headache and back and neck pains.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

FloridaFishinFool

Oh no! God bless! Hope she is OK and recovers fully quickly!
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

Donald Garner

Don tks for sharing this. 

Prayer sent for a quick recovery.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

the_huber_show

Oh wow!  Glad she is ok and prayers sent.
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

Stren_g

Mike Cork

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers here and on Facebook.

After the CT of her head and neck, they let her go ahead and come home. Obviously, I have a list of things to watch for.

I was in another room and didn't see Laurie fall, but Malachi said Marshall spilled his milk and Laurie came running to help clean it up before it made a huge mess. Our kitchen floor is laminated, and I guess that socks, milk, and laminated floors don't work to well.

Malachi said she looked like a cartoon character that slipped on a banana peel.

The official diagnosis is Neck Contusion, Migraine aggravated by fall and possible tail bone bruising. Oh, and her shoulder hurts like hell, I reckon there will be other things that hurt as the next few hours move along... She is feeling better and home sleeping now.

Scared the crap out of me but looks like she's going to be okay with some rest.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Capt. BassinLou

Sorry to hear about Laurie, Mike. We wish her a speedy recovery.

Wizard

Heck,YES!  I'll fire prayers off now.

Wizard

Lee Smith

Glad she's just sore!  Could have been a bad deal!! Prayers continue!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Lipripper

Quote from: Mike Cork on December 06, 2018, 01:13:23 PM
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers here and on Facebook.

After the CT of her head and neck, they let her go ahead and come home. Obviously, I have a list of things to watch for.

I was in another room and didn't see Laurie fall, but Malachi said Marshall spilled his milk and Laurie came running to help clean it up before it made a huge mess. Our kitchen floor is laminated, and I guess that socks, milk, and laminated floors don't work to well.

Malachi said she looked like a cartoon character that slipped on a banana peel.

The official diagnosis is Neck Contusion, Migraine aggravated by fall and possible tail bone bruising. Oh, and her shoulder hurts like hell, I reckon there will be other things that hurt as the next few hours move along... She is feeling better and home sleeping now.

Scared the crap out of me but looks like she's going to be okay with some rest.
Thanks for the update Mike and since I'm not following y'all on Face Book right now I didn't know about it till Don posted it here. Glad she's going to be ok and didn't break anything  ~sweat

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

loomisguy

zippyduck

On top of everything else she deals with daily.
Adding a little extra prayer for her.
Love you girl, take care.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Ice Cold Peanuts

Sorry to hear about her fall. I hope she didn't get a concussion. My wife fell down the basement stairs last year and receive a pretty substantial concussion. Knocked her completely out. It took about 3 weeks of physical therapy for her to lose the dizziness and quit vomiting. EXTREMELY scary. Thank your lucky stars if she doesn't experience any symptoms.
2004 Ranger Camache, Yamaha 150. Guess who thinks he's pretty cool now?

Oldfart9999

She'll be on the prayer list!!! PTL it isn't worse!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SteveTX

Man sorry to hear that. Glad things are looking to be ok.  ~sun

fishandkamp

Of course we sent some prayers up as well. If you have floors like that you might consider getting here some of these socks. They are extremely comfortable and yet kinda tacky on the bottom. And they are not too expensive. Certainly less expensive than an ambulance ride!
I used them a lot before the surgery.
https://www.nufoot.com/black-purple-stripe-nufoot-booties-for-men-and-women.html
I purchased the purple and black but they come in other colors, just surf their website.
They have a different listing under "women" called the Sporty NU.. Lots of pretty colors.

Tell her I said get well soon.

Donald Garner

Mike tks for the update and we'll keep her in our daily prayers.  Glad to hear she got to come home. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

D.W. Verts

Dad Gummit man...  Take care of her and wishin' ya'll the BEST.
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

apenland01

Bassinkorea

So glad to here Mother is home and not seriously hurt. You gotta be some careful thorough when it comes to head injuries.

Get well soon!!
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Mike Cork

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support. FishandKamp, I will look into those socks, I can't get her to wear slippers. I've bought fancy fur lined ones down to cheap no toes and she just won't do it. She's a sock girl thru and thru... So maybe those will help...

She still sleeping more than I like. I expected her to sleep most of yesterday but today she's only been awake about an hour and a half around 10 am and then again about 2. I'm going to wake her up now for the meds they sent her home with. The meds have been known to cause her to sleep more so I have to balance that with whether or not she's sleeping too much. Doc's said that by Saturday she needs to get up and move around a lot more. But the pain she's still in today makes me wonder if there isn't more to the deep bruising. But we are getting older LOL Anyway her head ache was almost non existant this morning so that is awesome news.

I'll try and post again tomorrow but if I make her get up and walk too much she might take me out so if I don't show up to post send the search party. Mother Nature is a HORRIBLE patient LOL

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service