MM35/12/8/18

Started by FLO GROWN, December 08, 2018, 03:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLO GROWN

Went to MM35 this morning started the day with a spinnerbait after 3rd cast got a nice chunky 2.57lb in the pads than got a few more with spinnerbait,than all of sudden I thought I had my trophy fish using a dobyns fury 703 with my spinnerbait and 12#big game it was a gator I saw his head fought him for a while cause I wanted to get a video of his head but rod was bending completely and drag was going out Decided to cut it, all ,switched over to a uvibe picked up a few more than threw gambler big ez and frog for about an hour no takers. Decided to start flipping creature baits  and it was on ,lost a good fish saw his head,shook the hook right out ,got a few mudfish flipping and even Oscar.Finished the day with 15 best one was  2.57 the rest were about a pound to 1.5lbs

https://youtu.be/qYVCzgOXcZs

https://youtu.be/A7e9CWiIaLA

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

"Tight lines"

Capt. BassinLou

Thanks for the report FG. You came across a good amount of fish, and stuck a gator to boot.

FLO GROWN

Quote from: Bassinlou on December 08, 2018, 06:12:44 PM
Thanks for the report FG. You came across a good amount of fish, and stuck a gator to boot.
Thanks bud, it was a fun day haven't flipped in a while really enjoyed it.

"Tight lines"

big g

FG thanks for the report.  Glad you got into some, sounds better then our section of canal further west.  It certainly was a beautiful day out in the glades. ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FLO GROWN

Quote from: big g on December 08, 2018, 09:44:03 PM
FG thanks for the report.  Glad you got into some, sounds better then our section of canal further west.  It certainly was a beautiful day out in the glades. ~c~
Thanks bud,it was a beautiful day out there .

"Tight lines"

SFL BassHunter

Thanks for the report Flo Grown. Glad you caught some. The fight with the gator musta been fun for a while at the same time nerve wrecking hoping your rod doesn't break. I'm pretty sure I hooked into a gator , or Giant turtle out on tamiami trail in one of the reservoir ponds. At the time I was using a Medium Inferno spinning rod from Field and Streams and a small penn reel with a max drag of like 9lbs.
Yeah whatever that was it took my line for a ride. It dove and went deep, those reservoirs must be super deep too cause it just kept going and going. I tightened up my drag all the way and it keep pulling line out. Rod completely bent and I couldn't gain any ground on it. Ended up having to snap the line. I'll tell you what though had my heart pounding!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

FLO GROWN

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on December 09, 2018, 06:48:00 AM
Thanks for the report Flo Grown. Glad you caught some. The fight with the gator musta been fun for a while at the same time nerve wrecking hoping your rod doesn't break. I'm pretty sure I hooked into a gator , or Giant turtle out on tamiami trail in one of the reservoir ponds. At the time I was using a Medium Inferno spinning rod from Field and Streams and a small penn reel with a max drag of like 9lbs.
Yeah whatever that was it took my line for a ride. It dove and went deep, those reservoirs must be super deep too cause it just kept going and going. I tightened up my drag all the way and it keep pulling line out. Rod completely bent and I couldn't gain any ground on it. Ended up having to snap the line. I'll tell you what though had my heart pounding!
Thanks bud,it was crazy fight I was shocked how much power that dobyns fury 703 had and really impressed that berkley big game 12# didn't snap. I know it's strong but that was a gator!Those fish we're right in middle of the pads they weren't chasing had to drop it right on top of there heads.

"Tight lines"

big g

Quote from: FLO GROWN on December 09, 2018, 07:55:50 AM
Thanks bud,it was crazy fight I was shocked how much power that dobyns fury 703 had and really impressed that berkley big game 12# didn't snap. I know it's strong but that was a gator!Those fish we're right in middle of the pads they weren't chasing had to drop it right on top of there heads.

If I'm using mono, I'm using Berkley Big Game.  That stuff can take a beating.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.