Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bank Fishing, Sunday, 12-1  (Read 658 times)

Canesfan

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
Bank Fishing, Sunday, 12-1
« on: December 02, 2018, 05:06:56 PM »

George picked me up at 8 AM and we headed up US 27 to the new reservoir near South Bay. Upon arrival, besides narrow one lane roads, there was really no place to bank fish but we saw quite a few fisherman in kayaks, Jon boat, a canoe. At least we checked it out and decided it wasnít meant to be for us so we decided to head back and do some bank fishing.

We stopped at one of the ramps on 27 and the wind was blowing like crazy but we gave it a shot and George, being the fishing guru he is, caught 3 or 4 small bass, I had none. We then hit the Holey Lands and again the wind was a big factor and we didnít stay there for long.

Finally we stopped at the first area on the east side of 27 just past SR 84 where there is a bunch of construction going on by the pump house. The wind was basically at our backs and we finally caught some fish. George had 8 and I had 3, all on plastics. The biggest were 2 1/2-3 lbs and are pictured above. We called it a day around noon as both of us had other family obligations to take care of.

Thanks George. Itís been a long overdue time and we have to do it again.

Bassinlou

• Mr. Frogger
Re: Bank Fishing, Sunday, 12-1
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 05:15:14 PM »

Different type report for you guys, bank fishing from the glades huh? Happy to see you two made it work out there and got to stick some bass. George you have boat trouble? Dave, good seeing you post fish again.  ~c~
Team 4 Community Diplomat
Forum Moderator for: Florida, Catch of the Day and Bank Fishing for Bass
Florida Bass Fishing Reports

Canesfan

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 05:26:08 PM »

Different type report for you guys, bank fishing from the glades huh? Happy to see you two made it work out there and got to stick some bass. George you have boat trouble? Dave, good seeing you post fish again.  ~c~
Thanks Lou. I forgot to check and have the date wrong. It should be Dec 2 if you want to change it please.

Bassinlou

• Mr. Frogger
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 05:28:35 PM »

Thanks Lou. I forgot to check and have the date wrong. It should be Dec 2 if you want to change it please.

Dave, that's a very easy fix on your end actually. Just hit modify post and go straight to the subject line.

SFL BassHunter

• SFL BassHunter
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 05:53:45 PM »

Thanks for the report! Glad you both got out and did some fishing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

big g

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 07:34:34 PM »

Good report Dave.  No boat problems Lou, Iíve been itching to check out that area since Mattís report.  I havenít fished with Dave in along time and he agreed to take an exploratory trip.  The banks there are just to thick with weeds, and a snake sunning itself on the road. Turning around on that road was a PITA with steep drop offs.  There were some bank fisherman fishing over topped out thick weeds.  A frog fisherman paradise.

I hit a bunch of the old spots I used to take my daughter to when she was small, 30 years ago.  The last one was very productive.  I enjoyed the outing and fishing with Dave again.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 10:27:48 PM by big g »
(Fish) - Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Bassinlou

• Mr. Frogger
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 11:20:17 AM »

Good report Dave.  No boat problems Lou, Iíve been itching to check out that area since Mattís report.  I havenít fished with Dave in along time and he agreed to take an exploratory trip.  The banks there are just to thick with weeds, and a snake sunning itself on the road. Turning around on that road was a PITA with steep drop offs.  There were some bank fisherman fishing over topped out thick weeds.  A frog fisherman paradise.

I hit a bunch of the old spots I used to take my daughter to when she was small, 30 years ago.  The last one was very productive.  I enjoyed the outing and fishing with Dave again.
Good to hear you don't have boat issues. Just odd seeing you bank fishing in the glades. But I understood once I read you guys went over to that newish area FWC opened.

big g

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 11:35:59 AM »

Good to hear you don't have boat issues. Just odd seeing you bank fishing in the glades. But I understood once I read you guys went over to that newish area FWC opened.

Lou ideal frog country, if you can navigate through the thick cover.  Some areas are already too thick to get through with a T/M.  A push pole would be better.  It looks like it opens up a little more the further west you go from the ramps.  Most of the boats visible were north and west of the ramps.  If I had a pond hopper I would definitely go back.  Perfect frog and swim bait country! :-*
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 11:43:13 AM by big g »
(Fish) - Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Bassinlou

• Mr. Frogger
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 01:20:20 PM »

Lou ideal frog country, if you can navigate through the thick cover.  Some areas are already too thick to get through with a T/M.  A push pole would be better.  It looks like it opens up a little more the further west you go from the ramps.  Most of the boats visible were north and west of the ramps.  If I had a pond hopper I would definitely go back.  Perfect frog and swim bait country! :-*
Hmmmm.... froggy you say?? :)

LgMouthGambler

• Ultimate Basser
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 01:42:06 PM »

Yes, but dont get your hopes up. When I was there, they in no way wanted a frog.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Bassinlou

• Mr. Frogger
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 01:46:54 PM »

Yes, but dont get your hopes up. When I was there, they in no way wanted a frog.
That's because you were fishing it.

LgMouthGambler

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 02:04:01 PM »

That's because you were fishing it.

Maybe, but it was a turn and burn day to get them pissed off. Though, next time you dont listen to me and decide to waste a trip to Okeechobee, you could stop there on the way back.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Bassinlou

• Mr. Frogger
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 02:13:45 PM »

Maybe, but it was a turn and burn day to get them pissed off. Though, next time you dont listen to me and decide to waste a trip to Okeechobee, you could stop there on the way back.  lo

Any who....

Besides... I couldn't have driven in there with my boat, they would have thought I was going to launch it there.  ~b~

LgMouthGambler

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 02:23:08 PM »

Any who....

Besides... I couldn't have driven in there with my boat, they would have thought I was going to launch it there.  ~b~

True. But when they stop you, just do what every other Mexican does down here "Sorry no engles".  ~roflmao

Bassinlou

• Mr. Frogger
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 02:25:32 PM »

True. But when they stop you, just do what every other Mexican does down here "Sorry no engles".  ~roflmao
Smh....

FlatsNBay

• Ultimate Basser
  • Go Noles!
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 03:37:32 PM »

Let me get us back on track! Nice to see a report from Canesfan and Big G again.

LgMouthGambler

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 03:49:00 PM »

Let me get us back on track! Nice to see a report from Canesfan and Big G again.

Party pooper.  :)

big g

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 06:25:29 PM »

It sure looks froggy, lots of green stuff with little patches of open water.  If I were a bass I would be eating frogs! :-* :-* :-*

LgMouthGambler

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 07:03:38 PM »

It sure looks froggy, lots of green stuff with little patches of open water.  If I were a bass I would be eating frogs! :-* :-* :-*
Trust me when I say, if Lou got a frog bite out there, he would easily snag a 25lb bag.

<")))>{

big g

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 08:28:42 PM »

Thanks Flats, did some traveling in November.

Canesfan

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 10:51:45 AM »

Yes, darn that George. Got me excited about fishing again. Lol. Have to get through this month and then weíll see. Going to NC to daughterís for Christmas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 26 queries.