Tracker PT190 Setup

Started by Frdtrtnfx4, June 04, 2018, 07:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frdtrtnfx4

Curious to know what the set up is on everyone's Tracker PT190 w/115 4-stoke Mercury. What is your current top speed. Still trying to get some more out of mine but I think I am getting the most out of the engine and prop set up. Currently running a 19p 4 blade aluminum prop at 5800rpm 50mph with 1 guys and 49 with 2. Issue I am having is the rear end gets squirrely at top speed, almost makes me poop my pants. I also have the engine mounted on the top hole as it came from the factory. Tried running a 21p SS Apollo over the weekend and lost 2-3 mph top end and hole shot but the handling was much better. Seriously considering moving the engine up 1 hole to see if that helps improve the handling. 

Goldstar225

I have the same boat and have been researching this issue.  From the experience of other PT190 owners you have the best prop for our boats (the 19 pitch X7) but the motor needs to be moved up to the third hole.  The other users consistently report that this greatly improves handling while maintaining speed under normal loads.  This change is on my "to do" list with my boat.

Frdtrtnfx4

I ended up moving the motor up 1 mounting hole on the transom and the handling is soooo much better! Maintained the same speed but I am now able to run full throttle 48-50mph in a moderate chop without any issues while before running the same speed in a chop was a ride! The rear end would get squirrely.

rob0225

2014 190TX 90HP XS gets about 41mph if on smooth water,  around 36-37mph on typical water.

Engine is in 1st hole up and run a 21 prop (LaserII I think).  I also use my PVS, not sure what the configuration it.

Goldstar225

I figured that I would step back in and do an update as well.  I followed the lead that other had taken and installed the 19 pitch Mercury Spitfire X7 prop and moved my motor up to the third hole.  Holeshot went from 6 seconds to 4.5 seconds.  I'm now able to run WOT at 49-50 MPH by GPS speeds with solid stability.  I might be able to squeeze another 1-2 MPH by playing with the trim some since this is indicating 11% prop slip.