2017 Tracker 195 TXW question

Started by jhh4198, December 09, 2018, 12:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhh4198

2017 Tracker 195 TXW, 150 Mercury, 36V Ulterra trolling motor
I bought the boat used and it sits very low in the water in the back. The discharge for the bilge/live well pump is under water. Is this going to cause problems? Also, the drain from the splash well leaks into the boat. Should this be covered under the warranty or how should I fix it?
Thanks in advance,
Always great to be on the water! 😁

Oldfart9999

I would ask about the splashwell leak, they do sit low in the back. When you're going to come off plane slow down instead of just killing it or you will get a fair amount of water coming over the stern.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

jhh4198

Thanks for the info. The service manager at my dealer said the same thing and that I should not worry about it. I'm more concerned about the discharge ports are under water.

Oldfart9999

Oldfart9999

Welcome to the site by the way!!! Wander around and check us out, lot's of good stuff here and nobody bites, if they do they've had their shots. lo lo ;) Don't forget to check out the new members contest, you may win a really nice prize. There are prizes all the time and very good prizes are won, lots of good info and you can find answers to your questions. we'd like to hear what learns for you also.
Rodney

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on December 10, 2018, 06:13:02 AM
I would ask about the splashwell leak, they do sit low in the back. When you're going to come off plane slow down instead of just killing it or you will get a fair amount of water coming over the stern.
Rodney
Steering to starboard or port as you come off the motor will also avoid the backwash.

Like Rodney said, they sit low to begin with. If that's a 4 Stoke Mercury, it's heavier than the 2 strokes and if you have 3 batteries dedicated to the Ulterra, that's additional weigh back there. I suspect you may have more weight in the back than is normal for that boat. You could lighten her up in the back end by replacing the TM batteries with a Lithium power cell but, it'll cost as much as the Ulterra.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

jhh4198

Good to know, thanks. I was concerned about the weight of the batteries but didn't know about the Lithium option. I'll look at them to see the weight difference.

jhh4198

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on December 11, 2018, 06:31:51 AM
Welcome to the site by the way!!! Wander around and check us out, lot's of good stuff here and nobody bites, if they do they've had their shots. lo lo ;) Don't forget to check out the new members contest, you may win a really nice prize. There are prizes all the time and very good prizes are won, lots of good info and you can find answers to your questions. we'd like to hear what learns for you also.
Rodney
I've been looking around a good bit and have enjoyed the bantering back and forth between several users. Causing me to  ~roflmao 

Lipripper

Quote from: jhh4198 on December 11, 2018, 07:35:13 AM
I've been looking around a good bit and have enjoyed the bantering back and forth between several users. Causing me to  ~roflmao
My fishing brother John has a 2014 Tracker    and it set low in the back also.
We love to make people laugh  ~roflmao ~roflmao It's all in fun  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

jhh4198

Well good news. The dealer is going to fix the spashwell drain under warranty. The drain outlet is also under water when someone is in the back of the boat so it's leaking into the bottom of the boat. Thanks for all the input!  ~c~ ~c~
Also, Princeton_Man you were not kidding about the Lithium power cell being lighter and WAY more expensive. I had no idea batteries could cost SO much.

Oldfart9999

If you can pull the trigger in the long run they aren't more expensive, just a lot longer to make up the difference.
Rodney