NYD Polar Bear

Started by sparetime, December 15, 2018, 10:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparetime

After giving it much thought, I have finally decided to put on the NYD Polar Bear at LKN again. With the weather the way it has been this year it has really impacted my work schedule. But it will be a go as long as we have good weather. Last year the brutal cold kicked us in the face. I will make the final call on New Year's Eve at lunch time.

Rangerman

Go for it Big Boy.  If you decide to do it if you will get info to Bud and get him to do a flyer I'll get em out at all the local watering holes lo  Carolina Tackle, The Candy Co, Denver Tackle and The Great Outdoors. Should draw a good crowd  You know I got your back with extra Mags and New Shovel lo lo lo lo

Evan I have applied for the SU Permit for NYD same Bat Place from safe light to NLT 4 pm.  Best get the paperwork started. So ::) once you get off the pot and make the call all will be ready. Email Bud with the dates, times, $$$$$$ etc.  Should have a good turn out it the Big Boy's don't try and Jump the date ~b~

Call me if needed be on the Lady today for Santa Cruise, No not Santa lo Just getting another check for being on the lake in 100 foot ship with  nice looking Mom's, Dad's and a bunch of screeming rug rats lo lo lo

Bud Kennedy

Attached is the flyer for this event.

sparetime

All looks good Bud. Guess I should've posted the time and place.

8-4
McCrary creek aka QUEENS
$50 entry/$10 big fish=$60 total

Thanks guys for the help!!!

Rangerman

Will be in the Tackle Store very shortly. Meeting Tommy "Too Tired" down at the south end for breakfast and a day on LKN ;)

rb-nc

Go back to your end of the lake. You may accidentally catch one of my pets

Bud Kennedy

Typo on the flyer.  Should read 2 any size not 12

Rangerman

I should have stayed at my end lo did not do very well ::) I like the south end due to the good breakfast place West Lake there on 16 on the way to ramp ~c~ But I forgot and they don't open on Monday am lo lo had to go to back up plane Mickey D's lo and the day got worst after that lo  Guys we still got the Good Times bass tournament every Tuesday out of the Rock's  It's $5.00 for five hours and $1.00 for BF winners take all also an honest 100% not like alot of the 100% er's  lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo

Rangerman

Hope to see y'all at the Landing ~c~ As always a 100% payback No Funny Math lo

sparetime

Well the weather is starting to look a little more promising

Bud Kennedy

Looks like a bit of rain in the morning but at least the temps will be warm. No freeze out this year.  Winds will be WSW so all in all not a bad day at all.  I saw on another site a bit of chatter about the event so I suppose you will draw a nice crowd.  Looking forward to hearing about the results.

Rangerman

Low of 47 and a high of 62 ~c~ some rain possible ::) Y'all come. Free Ranger Boat Next Year ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao seems like we going to have a good group again this year.

sparetime

I got out for few today. The bite stunk for me. Did run a lot of new water looking for the next best thing. Latest I'm seeing is no rain in the forecast for NYD. It's gonna be a heap better that the 9* last year.

sparetime

Ok I'm not going out on a very small limb here, but.....

THE 8th ANNUAL POLAR BEAR IS A GO GO GO!!!!!!

After looking at the hourly forecast for Tuesday there is only a small amount of rain forecasted just before blast off and then again at lunch. Not to add up to more than .02"

AGAIN IT IS A GO GO GO!!!!

rb-nc

Keep your phone handy Boots. Me and Robert are going to try and go for a while tomorrow. After being for a year old blue may need a tow in

Rangerman

RB did not see you, Sorry we were right busy lo . We had 62 Boats for the 8th Annual Polar Bear and paid out $3100 to teams and $620 to the big fish two place's and another $600 plus in prizes from Denver Tackle. ~c~  The 8th Polar Bear was a 100% cash back plus 15%  more in tackle from Denver Tackle. ~c~ ~c~

OK you Whossie's get your Hall Pass lined up for the next Polar Bear,  Yes the date is Jan. 1, 2020 out of Queens with a 100% pay back $$$$$$$$$$$ plus drawing. lo   It's an 100% cash back plus. No Chit lo Y'all  Come. The Home of No Funny Math ~sun  Big Thanks to Evan Benton aka Sparetime for the tournament.

$3720 cash back plus 15% prizes.. NO FUNNY MATH

sparetime

I want to thank everyone that came out to support the 8th annual NYD Polar Bear.  Also want to give a huge shout out to Denver Tackle and the Lehews for donating all of the merchandise for door prizes.

On the other hand  I also want to apologize for taking so long on the weigh in and getting the payout payed. I was truly a bit overwhelmed with the crowd and was trying to make sure that everything was in order. Also I want to apologize to some of the guys for calls by out the wrong names during the payout although I had the right weights and boat numbers for some reason I had those 2 names stuck in my head. All the right people did get the right  money though.

Rangerman

Big Hand for Sparetime ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ He paid back right at $3800.00 in cash plus $600 worth of prizes from Denver Tackle Co.  Home of Shane's baits and Bizzbaits.   ~c~  Thinking the guys at here at Lake Norman are maybe learning to count and understand what 100% means lo lo  Thanks guy's for the turn out for the 8th Polar Bear, and Oh Hail Yes there will be a 9th ~c~ Can you guess the date??  Jan. 1, 2019.  Getting a lot of request to go out of Betty's Ford.  Guys put in some input ~shade ~shade Again thanks for the support and to Evan for all the hard work ~c~ "The Home of No Funny Math" lo ;)