Went to Tycoon Lake today

Started by CybrSlydr, December 15, 2018, 01:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CybrSlydr

Was a nice day to go fishing - mid to upper 40s with a constant rain and water in the low to mid 40s.  lol

So I threw on my waders and boots and picked up a jacket at Hibbet Sports (found out it's not waterproof...).

Started out at the south dam and used the Deeper to see if I could spot any fishies.

It can auto-call out fish if you tell it to, and I told it to, so it was seeing fish - but I think they were false positives as it was seeing them less than 8ft away from me in 3ft of water that I couldn't see with my eyes.  And the lake is surprisingly clear - about 3-5ft visibility.

Then went to the north part of the lake and used the Deeper and tossed it around some lily pads or lotuses.  Pretty shallow up there and didn't see anything.

So I went to the fishing pier and got some bathymetric data for future planning - didn't see anything around it either.

As I was getting ready to leave, a Wildlife officer stopped by to see if I had any luck - told him no and showed him where I fished and my PB I caught up at Salt Fork.  He suggested farther back in the corner of the dam where these tree stumps are just below the surface for crappie and once I get a yak to fish the other side as the lake gets pretty pressured with anglers.  Most stick to the east side so I'm to try the North and West sides if possible.

Disappointed but I actually like being out in this kind of weather - just wish the jacket was waterproof!

Jordan

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and sorry you didn't catch any fish and hope you didn't pay to much for that non water proof jacket.  ;D It looks like a good place to fish.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

CybrSlydr

They're grooming it to be a trophy lake - wildlife officer said 8lb fish are not uncommon in that lake - and for Ohio, that's a monster.
Jordan

Lipripper

Quote from: CybrSlydr on December 15, 2018, 02:59:52 PM
They're grooming it to be a trophy lake - wildlife officer said 8lb fish are not uncommon in that lake - and for Ohio, that's a monster.
I think an 8 iber around here would be a monster also.  :shocking: Hope you can hook into some of them fish.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

CybrSlydr

-waiting for his next skunk cert-

~sun
Jordan

CybrSlydr

Jordan

Mike Cork

That is really cool. I had no idea that the Deeper could build a map like that, color me highly impressed ~c~ As you build data that's going to be very useful.

Sorry the fishing wasn't great but that's one of those days where you can catch a true giant... Just didn't work out this time.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Oldfart9999

That looks like a great little lake to fish. Maybe you didn't get any fish but you were out and it was peaceful and quiet, a Blessing.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

CybrSlydr

Quote from: Mike Cork on December 17, 2018, 10:50:31 AM
That is really cool. I had no idea that the Deeper could build a map like that, color me highly impressed ~c~ As you build data that's going to be very useful.

Sorry the fishing wasn't great but that's one of those days where you can catch a true giant... Just didn't work out this time.

I believe it's only certain models that do - the Pro+ is the one I have that does it.  Even has a sonar mode - attach it to an articulating arm and it floats while attached to your boat and sends data to your cell phone.
Jordan

CybrSlydr

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on December 18, 2018, 06:39:34 AM
That looks like a great little lake to fish. Maybe you didn't get any fish but you were out and it was peaceful and quiet, a Blessing.
Rodney

It is nice, bit out of the way for me (little under 2hr drive), but its got some monsters in there since it's a project lake, so someday I hope to land one.
Jordan