Previous topic - Next topic

Elwood

Less hear it!!!!

I Use Mequiars and Bass Boat Saver..
Elwood
Bass Cat Boats Moderator / Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
2020 Bass Cat Eyra 2020 Mercury 300R 4S

Mike Cork

I have a boat that's not a cat but to keep the info flying...

Meguiars and SC1

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Elwood

And your boat always looks very sharp Mike!
Elwood

WTodd

I've used marine grade wax and Turtle Wax spray Ice and both last about the same but the Ice is a lot easier to put on and take off so that's what I use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bud Kennedy

On my old Ranger I use MeGuiars in the spring and fall as a base.  After each trip I use Slick Mist to keep the old girl looking her best.  I have used many other products through the years and quite frankly there are so many good ones that one really does not outshine (not a pun) any of the others.

I was gonna use it on my Cat but she ran under the bed and won't come out.

Elwood

I am going to try the Pro Tech Sealant this winter.  It takes a lot of work but is recommended and sold by Bass Cat.  You have to put on two different coat to fully treat your boat so I have been procrastinating,,lol
Elwood

Wizard

I used to hand wax my Puma. Having gotten older and hopefully smarter, I now user Ship and Shore from Walmart. Wash the boat with a capful of Ship and Shore  mixed with water. It will  take off dirt and lake gunk as it applies the wax. One easy 15 minute process every 6 months. It seems to work as well as the expensive waxes I've tried.

Wizar

Mike Cork

Wizard I wish it was that easy here in Louisiana, with the cypress swamps our daily fishing is as distructive as a couple of months on the water in waters like LOZ. Now we don't have the hard water issues you do.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

basscat1

Quote from: Elwood on December 20, 2018, 02:28:31 PM
I am going to try the Pro Tech Sealant this winter.  It takes a lot of work but is recommended and sold by Bass Cat.  You have to put on two different coat to fully treat your boat so I have been procrastinating,,lol
Elwood, Pro-Tec is not allot of work. It is the easiest polish to apply and remove you'll ever use. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.
Ultimate Bass Discount use Code - UB10

Captsteve

after the bath, my cat runs away so fast. I never get a chance to wax him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

WTodd

Just curious, about how long does your wax hold up? Regardless of which wax I use, it usually only lasts 3-4 months so that's why I use the Turtle Wax Ice spray on because it only takes about 10 minutes to do the boat

basscat1

Pro-Tec Sealant Polish is not wax it is a polymer sealant. I recommend two applications a year. It would probably last a year or so but i like the UV protection it provides.
Quote from: WTodd on January 01, 2019, 06:28:34 AM
Just curious, about how long does your wax hold up? Regardless of which wax I use, it usually only lasts 3-4 months so that's why I use the Turtle Wax Ice spray on because it only takes about 10 minutes to do the boat

Ultimate Bass Discount use Code - UB10

Elwood

Going to give it a try in a couple days.....just have to find the time and want to follow the directions to the T.  I will post the results!
Elwood

BassCatBates

Pro Tec..... took me a while to try the stuff but literally every product they make is INCREDIBLE!!!
2009 MediaBass South Arkansas Division Angler of the Year.

Union County Bass Club.

cport

Quote from: Captsteve on January 01, 2019, 06:12:23 AM
after the bath, my cat runs away so fast. I never get a chance to wax him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dang, beat me to it LOL I give my cat a Brazilian...
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Elwood

My cat is pretty fast after a bath and a wax also.....lol
Elwood

Horowitz1282

Chemical Guys boat kit. Butter wet wax and the detailer, its turquoise color, can't remember the name of it. Best stuff I've used.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Elwood

Do they still sell it?  I have never heard of it but would like to check it out..
Elwood