TRD Crawz

Started by coldfront, December 27, 2018, 06:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldfront

anyone play with them yet?  or is that cat needing to stay in the bag?
http://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/z-mans-trd-craw/154632#

Oldfart9999

It's not a " don't let the cat out of the bag" deal. It looks to be a very effective bait under the right circumstances, it also should be a long lived bait. I have a lot of craws to use up before I run out and buy them though. They're a lot like the old Strike King 3X baits.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

loomisguy

I think they are designed to be fished on a ned head. I plan on giving it a try.

Blacktail 8541

Saw these for the first time yesterday, 12-26/18. They look interesting. I will pick up a pack or two.

coldfront

Quote from: Blacktail 8541 on December 27, 2018, 09:55:51 AM
Saw these for the first time yesterday, 12-26/18. They look interesting. I will pick up a pack or two.

the MDJ video (ICAST) looks interesting.

zippyduck

I have used many craw copies and have limited success as compared to a beaver. I always feel the claws do not put off enough vibration.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

SteveTX

Quote from: coldfront on December 27, 2018, 06:23:12 AM
anyone play with them yet?  or is that cat needing to stay in the bag?
http://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/z-mans-trd-craw/154632#
Not for me. Put that cat in the bag. lo
I saw this in about the first paragraph.
Quotehow to rig the three-incher on a lightweight jig, wield it on spinning tackle with light line
I don't fish light line, light weight jigs, or spinning tackle for bass. :) In my mud stained water I need something bigger, more action, and or louder. I admit I do however use a 3" plastic for a trailer on a 3/8 oz. jig sometimes.

Oldfart9999

Quote from: loomisguy on December 27, 2018, 08:35:06 AM
I think they are designed to be fished on a ned head. I plan on giving it a try.

I googled the companies video on how to rig them, they list the ned head, "T" rigging on a weighted wide gap hook and a standard "T" rig, carolina rigging and a couple of others, mostly light lining though.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

the_huber_show

I have some for my ned rig set up but I haven't used them yet
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

Lord Finesse

I use them and love them. They are really good on a traditional Ned Rig ShroomZ Jighead and the Z-Man Micro Jighead. They're also great on Bitsy Bug Jigs.

chrisD46

*Try them on a ZMan Finesse BulletZ : It's a dual weighted #1 size EWG hook perfect for the TRD type baits . I typically use the 1/10th oz. with the TRD CrawZ : https://www.zmanfishing.com/cms/products/finesse_bulletz/ . Of course mushroom type heads (1/15th & 1/10th ZMan TRD jig heads) or other makes in similar weights  work well too .

Bassinkorea

Thanks to this thread I have ordered some and they are currently enroute to Korea as I type   ;D
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

D.W. Verts

I fished one for a while today and they are PRETTY. I don't say that often about a bait, either. I can see where they'll have their usefulness.

I fished it on a 1/8 oz. Arkie-style stand-up head (thereby making it NOT a "Ned-Rig"!).
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

coldfront

Quote from: D.W. Verts on January 16, 2019, 09:40:42 PM
I fished one for a while today and they are PRETTY. I don't say that often about a bait, either. I can see where they'll have their usefulness.

I fished it on a 1/8 oz. Arkie-style stand-up head (thereby making it NOT a "Ned-Rig"!).

those little claws wave so nicely, don't they?

D.W. Verts

Quote from: coldfront on January 17, 2019, 04:11:30 PM
those little claws wave so nicely, don't they?

Purty. I can see how you could seriously over-fish this bait.
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff