What Brand aluminum do you own?

Started by JayPea2006, May 07, 2006, 10:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart9999

Nice looking boat, Lund does a great job on their boats!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Ddyyak on November 05, 2017, 03:08:09 PM
End of my first year with my Lund. Best decision I've made. Gets on plane quick and being a deep v more storage space than I could ever fill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hows the stability on a deep v like that one?
Bet it chops through choppy water pretty good.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Ddyyak

It does. I was out on old hickory today and the wind picked up pretty heavy. Still a very smooth ride. Of course being tin and deep v it can blow around when fishing. 80 lb trolling motor helps off set it.

SteveTX

Quote from: Ddyyak on November 05, 2017, 03:08:09 PM
End of my first year with my Lund. Best decision I've made. Gets on plane quick and being a deep v more storage space than I could ever fill
Very nice boat.

I have to ask, I'm not familiar with all the newer gizmos, what is this black thing on the corner of your trailer..

Oldfart9999

Quote from: SteveTX on November 05, 2017, 10:37:06 PM
Very nice boat.

I have to ask, I'm not familiar with all the newer gizmos, what is this black thing on the corner of your trailer..

Ratchet tie down.
Rodney

WTodd

Quote from: SteveTX on November 03, 2017, 05:59:28 PM
Sounds like a nice setup WTodd. I had to laugh at the comment  But being white I can see exactly what you mean. Got any pics of it?
I need to take some better ones and post them...I will

FloridaFishinFool

I overhauled an old 1974 AlumaCraft V-bow F7.
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

Oldfart9999

I had the same boat, paid 300$ for it, put a flat floor and a casting deck in it, hung a 97 15 horse merc on it, GPSed at 22 mph. I loved that rig and wish I hadn't sold it to buy a bigger boat. Change the 15 hp stickers for 9.9s and there are 2 lakes I could fish with no bigger boats, jet-skis, water skiers or any of that crap.
Rodney

SteveTX

Cool re doing that boat FloridaFishinFool but am I seeing that there is like 4 blocks of wood holding the seat up?  :shocking: ~b~  Thought you said,"No wood!" ~roflmao

I'm just giving you crap man. lo I was proud my boat had zero wood as well but then I wanted to extend the front deck and it was too easy to do wood. I love the deck extension maybe one day I will get it made of aluminum.

FloridaFishinFool

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on November 07, 2017, 06:59:31 AM
I had the same boat, paid 300$ for it, put a flat floor and a casting deck in it, hung a 97 15 horse merc on it, GPSed at 22 mph. I loved that rig and wish I hadn't sold it to buy a bigger boat. Change the 15 hp stickers for 9.9s and there are 2 lakes I could fish with no bigger boats, jet-skis, water skiers or any of that crap.
Rodney

Rodney I could not get away with that with the old Yamaha, but my new used outboard has no power markings and since it is a military motor that information is not easily accessible so I can now get away with the same thing.
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

FloridaFishinFool

Quote from: SteveTX on November 07, 2017, 09:00:35 AM
Cool re doing that boat FloridaFishinFool but am I seeing that there is like 4 blocks of wood holding the seat up?  :shocking: ~b~  Thought you said,"No wood!" ~roflmao

I'm just giving you crap man. lo I was proud my boat had zero wood as well but then I wanted to extend the front deck and it was too easy to do wood. I love the deck extension maybe one day I will get it made of aluminum.

With Alro Metals in my area it was a no brainer to just go with aluminum and the nice thing about Alro is that if I buy new stock it costs full price, but if I dig through cut pieces I can get a nice discount- same with all the plastic I used in the boat too.

Speaking of which, those blocks are PVC foam board from Alro right out of their scrap area. When I redid this boat I made use of what I had laying around which is why I have that seat up there mounted like that. Guess I was too cheap to go buy another one. I wanted an adjusting one, but had this one laying around in the garage from a previous boat and just went with it even if it needed some adjustments. Heck, those 1 inch blocks are now floatation devices!

Due to the way I did the framing under the deck, I could get away with using 1/2" PVC plastic board. It is a solid strong deck now.

Check your PM about the custom frogging rod...

SteveTX

Quote from: FloridaFishinFool on November 07, 2017, 07:03:17 PM
With Alro Metals in my area it was a no brainer to just go with aluminum and the nice thing about Alro is that if I buy new stock it costs full price, but if I dig through cut pieces I can get a nice discount- same with all the plastic I used in the boat too.

Speaking of which, those blocks are PVC foam board from Alro right out of their scrap area. When I redid this boat I made use of what I had laying around which is why I have that seat up there mounted like that. Guess I was too cheap to go buy another one. I wanted an adjusting one, but had this one laying around in the garage from a previous boat and just went with it even if it needed some adjustments. Heck, those 1 inch blocks are now floatation devices!

Due to the way I did the framing under the deck, I could get away with using 1/2" PVC plastic board. It is a solid strong deck now.

Check your PM about the custom frogging rod...
Sounds like a thrifty way to get the job done.

Thx I got the PM.  ;)

Oldfart9999

You can check the junk yards for used road signs, they are heavy enough to use and the cost is much better than new. The site "Tinboats" has a lot of good stuff on redoing your tin boats and the members will give you all the help you need.
Rodney

WTodd

Quote from: SteveTX on November 03, 2017, 05:59:28 PM
Sounds like a nice setup WTodd. I had to laugh at the comment  But being white I can see exactly what you mean. Got any pics of it?
Ok here's 4 pics

Capt. BassinLou

Nice rig WTodd. How do you like the Talons? How deep do those go?

WTodd

Quote from: Bassinlou on November 10, 2017, 07:27:46 PM
Nice rig WTodd. How do you like the Talons? How deep do those go?
They're 8 footers & I like them a lot. Once you determine where you want to anchor, hit the button and there you are; no up & back like power poled

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: WTodd on November 10, 2017, 08:40:17 PM
They're 8 footers & I like them a lot. Once you determine where you want to anchor, hit the button and there you are; no up & back like power poled

Nice!!
Question: With 8 footers how deep can you go where the anchor will hold effectively. 6ft? 7ft? I'm sure at 8ft they hold but is it   as secure, or am I off base?

WTodd

Quote from: Bassinlou on November 10, 2017, 08:45:12 PM
Nice!!
Question: With 8 footers how deep can you go where the anchor will hold effectively. 6ft? 7ft? I'm sure at 8ft they hold but is it   as secure, or am I off base?
About 7' but it depends on the bottom whether it's soft or hard

5761super

2005 19 foot Xpress with 250 Optimax Jet. Great ride, solid boat, can run in 10 inches of water.

Princeton_Man

Quote from: WTodd on November 10, 2017, 08:52:09 PM
About 7' but it depends on the bottom whether it's soft or hard

Sounds like a river rocket! Welcome aboard!  ~c~
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

BlackStrat

I have a 1990 Spectrum w/50hp Johnson Seahorse.

Kind of a long story as to how I got it but it was given to me by my sister.  Floor and both decks were rotted and sat for 4 years with a half tank of gas.  Just got it back a few days ago and taking out tomorrow after work for the 1st time....well, the first time after the test drive the other day.
Insert witty comment here

<><

Donald Garner

Have fun with it and take some pictures.  We all like Boat Pictures  ;PHO)  ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

coldfront

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on November 07, 2017, 06:59:31 AM
Change the 15 hp stickers for 9.9s and there are 2 lakes I could fish with no bigger boats, jet-skis, water skiers or any of that crap.
Rodney

man, you hit that one on the head.  older I get, the more I want to find those 'quiet' waters.  and that includes gettng away from all the tournament anglers.

BlackStrat

<><

BlackStrat

<><