Lox 1/13/19

Started by SFL BassHunter, January 13, 2019, 11:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFL BassHunter

George invited me out to lox and we got to the ramps at around 6:40 and launched at first light. Thank you George!

Wow was it slow early on. I got the skunk out of the boat but we went till about after 9 with no more catches. We finally hit an area with less vegetation and more dead sawgrass that was submerged. Here we started getting them on stick baits. Slowly but surely the number of bass went up and we had to hit that area multiple times but we ended up 11:45am with 17 bass.

George managed to find himself a nice 18 inch chunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

FloridaFishinFool

Nice report! Thanks for posting.

I wish the bass in central Florida were as active as those in South Florida.
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

FLO GROWN

Wtg Rick!! Thanks for the report!Glad you guys got some fish

"Tight lines"

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FloridaFishinFool on January 13, 2019, 11:32:03 AM
Nice report! Thanks for posting.

I wish the bass in central Florida were as active as those in South Florida.
Have you seen WTodd's catch? I would say I wish we had Central FL bite right now. Lol!! Walt's top 5 fish yesterday was over 20+ lbs easy.

SFL BassHunter

I'll take five 4+ lbers over 17 dink's any day lol

The fishing is very different though from the times I've fished in central Florida. You don't get the numbers we get down here.

Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Oldfart9999

Another fun day on the water!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

FLO GROWN

We definitely get the numbers,the  big girls don't come easy....

"Tight lines"

Deadeye

Quote from: Bassinlou on January 13, 2019, 12:38:52 PM
Have you seen WTodd's catch? I would say I wish we had Central FL bite right now. Lol!! Walt's top 5 fish yesterday was over 20+ lbs easy.
[/quote

Ah he's still in South Florida. Lol

Central doesn't start until Kissimmee or so and ends about Palatka or so.

Right now in my area (north Central) the water is cold. Like low to mid 50's cold. Makes for some tough fishing.

Now that area from Kissimmee to Harris is God's Country for Bass Fishing. If I knew more about Florida when I moved here I would of went to somewhere around Lake Wales area. You can be on Great Bass Water in 15-60 minutes. And fish a different water each day!

Yeah I'm jealous.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on January 13, 2019, 05:23:09 PM
[/quote

Ah he's still in South Florida. Lol

Central doesn't start until Kissimmee or so and ends about Palatka or so.

Right now in my area (north Central) the water is cold. Like low to mid 50's cold. Makes for some tough fishing.

Now that area from Kissimmee to Harris is God's Country for Bass Fishing. If I knew more about Florida when I moved here I would of went to somewhere around Lake Wales area. You can be on Great Bass Water in 15-60 minutes. And fish a different water each day!

Yeah I'm jealous.
Uh... Fred. Wtodd and TRFL fishing haunts are not part of South FL. Sorry to tell you. Polk county is part of Central Fl.

Capt. BassinLou

@Rick and George. Appreciate the report. Happy to hear you guys stuck a few.

big g

Thanks Lou, we worked hard for what we got.  It started real slow, but we finally came across an area that produced.  We didn't see anyone else catching, so the flats were tough.

I really like fishing the H/L because its never crowded, and if they are not duck hunting, its usually quiet and peaceful.  Find some current flowing from those pump stations and the big girls start to stack up for an easy meal.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

SFL BassHunter

I like quiet and peaceful. It's one of the things I dislike about the alley the car noise and honking.
Lox has hunters, and you can hear airboats from a mile away lol.
Holy land has hunters and idiots that go to target practice on the street signs.

It's hard to find peace and quiet.

Florida Bass Fishing

FLO GROWN

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on January 14, 2019, 05:50:31 AM
I like quiet and peaceful. It's one of the things I dislike about the alley the car noise and honking.
Lox has hunters, and you can hear airboats from a mile away lol.
Holy land has hunters and idiots that go to target practice on the street signs.

It's hard to find peace and quiet.

Okeechobee

"Tight lines"

Deadeye

Quote from: Bassinlou on January 13, 2019, 05:27:44 PM
Uh... Fred. Wtodd and TRFL fishing haunts are not part of South FL. Sorry to tell you. Polk county is part of Central Fl.

I stand Corrected, Lou you are Right.

For some reason I thought the Tampa Area was further south than what it really is. However looking up  Polk County Mud Hole I see where both it and Tampa are almost a straight line on Rt 60 from Kissimmee.

Open Mouth and Insert Foot. Yup.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on January 14, 2019, 07:40:12 AM

For some reason I thought the Tampa Area was further south than what it really is. However looking up Tenoroc I see where both it and Tampa are almost a straight line on Rt 60 from Kissimmee.

No worries Fred.

FloridaFishinFool

No I haven't but will check it out. Thanks. Last time I went out I could watch my lure go right past a bass and he did not even move or seem interested.

I guess timing is everything. I'm glad others are doing well in the catching dept.
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

LgMouthGambler

Was wondering how it was gonna fish post front. My next trip is to Lox, with some light line to get into a fight.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FLO GROWN

Looks like they are catching alot of fish at sawgrass recreation,I drove by there sat place was packed with boats. And I'm sure holiday park is producing big numbers.

"Tight lines"

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FLO GROWN on January 14, 2019, 09:20:09 AM
Looks like they are catching alot of fish at sawgrass recreation,I drove by there sat place was packed with boats. And I'm sure holiday park is producing big numbers.

Waters low
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

BarryFL

Quote from: Deadeye on January 14, 2019, 07:40:12 AM

For some reason I thought the Tampa Area was further south than what it really is. However looking up T I see where both it and Tampa are almost a straight line on Rt 60 from Kissimmee.

Stop using the T word on here, please. It is now known as the Polk County Mud Hole per Lee. Too many lurkers that are all take, no give.

~Barry~
~Barry~

Deadeye

Quote from: TR21FL on January 14, 2019, 04:20:40 PM
Stop using the T word on here, please. It is now know as the Polk County Mud Hole per Lee. Too many lurkers that are all take, no give.

~Barry~

Yes Sir!

But seriuosly I know what your saying. I'll fix it.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: FLO GROWN on January 14, 2019, 06:52:13 AM
Okeechobee

Yeah okeechobee would be the place

Florida Bass Fishing

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: TR21FL on January 14, 2019, 04:20:40 PM
Stop using the T word on here, please. It is now known as the Polk County Mud Hole per Lee. Too many lurkers that are all take, no give.

~Barry~
TR now you gotta fix yours.
Bad word detected in the quote...

Florida Bass Fishing