Weather Changes, especially Rain and Cold, really effect you.

Started by Deadeye, December 05, 2018, 06:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadeye

This year more than ever the weather is having an effect on me. Yeah I have for some time felt stiff or sore when the rains came of the weather changed, but this year its really getting bad.

Of course the fact that the weather here is sunny and in the 80's one day and then drops into the 40's with highs in the 50's 2 days later before soaring back up into the high 70's doesn't help matters much.

This winter it is my Knees that are feeling it. I mean they are getting painful even just sitting and doing nothing. Last couple of nights I had to spray them down with a Pain Relief Spray, in addition to my normal pills, just to get them calm enough to sleep.

My legs are swelled from my hips to my knees, so than isn't helping either. Not really sure if that is still a side effect of the Cancer Treatment or not. I know the sweats have gotten real bad again. Almost 8 weeks since the last Radiation Treatment.

Anyway, this winter is already taking it's toll on me.

D.W. Verts

I've been a mess these last few days- hurt all over. I've been workin' thru it, but everyone says it's the weather.
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Pacific NW Ron

Yes sir.  I used to fish in cold rain, cold rain, hail, sleet, snow etc. with no gloves and be just fine.  Any more if the temp gets down into the mid 40's I can't fish more than an hour or so.  My arthritic hands just kill me. Cold bothers me real bad.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Oldfart9999

Yep, weather has a big effect on joints especially, with the up and down we've been having here it's been bugging me too. Fred, I hope you get to feeling better real soon!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.