Help me decide!

Started by Page, January 21, 2019, 03:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Page

So I'm in in the market for a new rod. I plan to pick up a Fury, just not sure which one, so... Here is what I currently have that are my primary rods:
Fury 795
Shimano crucial crankin stick
Bass Pro 7' M
Bass Pro 6'6" MH

I was leaning towards a 735, but am completely open to suggestions. Looking for a multi use set up to get the most bang for my buck. Will probably pair it with a Shimano SLX, haven't decided what speed yet.

HELP ME SPEND MY $!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

bucketmouth 87

I only have Champions but the rod i would use for a lot of different situations would be my 734.  My last couple of shimano baitcasters have been curados and I'm extremely happy with them.

Page

Seems like I was originally thinking the 734 but for some reason started looking at the 735. Thanks KS for the replies so far, keep em coming! I would have a bigger budget but I'm about to pick up a tranx to go on the 795...monkey tracked me down

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

zippyduck

They all are right on with the 734. Not much you can't do with that rod.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Dam0007

In general the 734 is the do everything rod. But are there any other techniques you want to do that you can't accomplish with what you already have?

Reason I say this is the 705CB is a great multipurpose treble hook rod. Poppers,  jerkbaits, squarebills to spooks. It's a very versatile rod as well.
MLF Angler - Dobyns Rods, Reynolds Marine, Phoenix Boats, Woo! Tungsten, Berkley Fishing, Rod Glove, Siebert Outdoors, Power Pole, Costa

IG: @dam0007bass

bmac88

Yea any length in the 4 power. 734 you can pretty much do everything with.
When fishing is more than just a hobby!

Mike Cork

Are you looking for a rod to compliment what you have or replace something you have?

My thoughts are the 735 will give you more bait choices if you keep all your other rods in the line up. But if you are going to drop one of the BPS rods and replace it then the 734 will cover more basis. I say this because you don't what I'd call a dedicated frog rod, vegetation/cover rod, or heavier bait rod.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service