Pascagoula River

Started by fishingram24, February 09, 2019, 07:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishingram24

Launched just after 9 due to much cooler temps than recently, 47 degrees with N winds 15 mph with gust, tide was low and still falling due to the wind and water temps 56-57 with visibility 1-2 feet. First stop produced 12 bass from the same spot, a ditch that cuts across a bar covered in grass with deep water on one side. A 30+ year old Cordell Spot that was once chrome,all removed, now bone with some sparkle added(nail polish) caught most of the fish but another old bait, a Terminator lizard made from that stretchy material caught several. Caught near 30 fish all day with 12 over 12" and 3 that were 2 pounds or just under. No big fish but a fun day and as I thought it would be a bust due to the cold front, just shows how much I know. Glad I dug through some old tackle and decided to try some out.
Retired and loving every minute of it!

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and I would call that a great day.  ~c~ ~c~ I would love to catch some 2 lb fish right about now.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Capt. BassinLou

Thank you for sharing your report. Sounds like a fun day, 12 bass in one spot?? Nice!!

fishingram24

Yes it was a fun day but nothing like FLW/Bassmasters guys are doing with those giant Fla. bass. Wish we had some of those here.
Retired and loving every minute of it!

Mike Cork

Sounds like a great day on the river  ~c~ thanks for sharing.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service