Back Up Camera Addition

Started by Bud Kennedy, February 18, 2019, 01:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

About a month or so ago I purchased a battery operated back up camera with monitor.  This was a magnetic deal that I put on my boat trailer attached with a velcro/magnet set up since my trailer is all aluminum.  Well that did not do what I had hoped and realized that I needed something that I could attach to be boat on an as needed basis.

As chance would have it I stumbled across a lever operated suction cup mounting device with a gimbal style mounting for the camera and it has a magnetic attachment to the camera.  I only cost $5.00 or so and free shipping was included.  So what the heck, I ordered one and it came in two days from the west coast.  Upon examination it seems to be a perfect solution for the problem I am trying to solve and attaches solidly to the top cap of the boat.  It will allow me to finally see that danged blind spot that I have to deal with when backing into the driveway from a narrow street.  I will be able to thread the needle between a mail box on one side and a palm tree on the other.  I hope this works out and will take a picture of the deal when I  get the boat here the next time.

Mike Cork

Have you got to try this out yet?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service