Got the Xtasy boys. WOW factor.

Started by Dink Dawg, February 18, 2019, 09:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dink Dawg

My rods came today including the Xtasy 755C i've been drooling over for months.  It's not my intent to flaunt it. Well maybe a little.  What a stick. I paired  it with my Tatula SV 8.1 to 1 and it fits like a glove. Pictures do not do these rods justice.  Now I need some warm weather bad ! I also picked up a Champion 732SF. I really love the full handle. I'm excited to fish this model too.  Good times ahead. ~c~

zippyduck

I can't wait till you fish it. Inquiring minds want to know how much better they are.
You may have to go for a drive South before it drives you crazy.   ;)

Enjoy!!!!!!!!
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

ike8120

Congrats on your acquisition  That is some rod. I am jealous.
Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

Mike Cork

I'm trying to get my arse over to the shop, it's about three hours away now, so that I can put my hands on  all of the new rods :-* But with Gary in and out, me doing this and that, the grandkids... Life is not working in my favor right now.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Dink Dawg

Mike, you are familiar with the Extreme DX 745C so the Xtasy will feel right at home.  It's lighter and the tip is more active and responsive. The Torzite guides are so slick.  The finish is subtle but classy and the cork is by far the best I've seen, ever.  The blank has some cross wrap down low which looks great.  The blank is not heavily sanded and you can feel the spiral wrap lines.  This should make for stronger blank. The trim and use of epoxy was applied sparingly and I'm sure that decreased the weight of the rod over all.  I paired it with a Tatula SV.  The balance point is right in front of the lock nut hood. Spot on. Sensitive, sensitive, sensitive. 

I hope you can tear away and make it to the shop for a touchy feely day.  I got mine by faith and my faith sustains me once again. I'm pumped. I sold my Champion 702SF and replaced it with the 732SF full handle. Nailed it.

Doug

coldfront

Quote from: Dink Dawg on February 18, 2019, 09:04:41 PM
My rods came today including the Xtasy 755C i've been drooling over for months.  It's not my intent to flaunt it. Well maybe a little.  What a stick. I paired  it with my Tatula SV 8.1 to 1 and it fits like a glove. Pictures do not do these rods justice.  Now I need some warm weather bad ! I also picked up a Champion 732SF. I really love the full handle. I'm excited to fish this model too.  Good times ahead. ~c~

since you got it, you SHOULD flaunt it.
;D

SFL BassHunter

We want pics! We want pics! We want pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Dink Dawg

Dink Dawg

Bud Kennedy

OK nice rod but what do you expect that it will be able to do for you that makes it special? 

Capt. BassinLou

Awesome looking rod!! Appreciate the pics!! Enjoy the new rod. You will appreciate those torzite guides.

Mike Cork

Very sharp!! Thanks for the photos

Bud, it's about having the lightest most sensitive rod made. Do we need it? Probably not, but as the title says, Wow Factor! The Extreme line of rods is already amazing to me, and the Champion line (below the extremes) I'd put up against any other rod. But I'd love to have an Xtasy just cuse...

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

rb-nc

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on February 26, 2019, 12:07:00 PM
OK nice rod but what do you expect that it will be able to do for you that makes it special?
Throwing it all day long and you never know its in your hands

Dink Dawg

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on February 26, 2019, 12:07:00 PM

Make me Smile every time I feel a bite.  At this point in my life, that's enough for now.

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Dink Dawg on February 26, 2019, 07:32:16 PM

Make me Smile every time I feel a bite.  At this point in my life, that's enough for now.

Thats good enough for me.  I was just wondering if it had something very special or different that makes it a very special rod.  It sounds like it represents some improvements in weight and sensitivity by taking advantage of some new or better materials.

Gary Dobyns

Thanks for the kind words and photos Dink!!!!

The Xtasy simply has the best of everything available, well almost. The almost is the cork. It's a AAAA grade but there is a better grade available that's used in EXTRA high end fly rods. Totally insane in pricing!! The materials and guides are the best that's available With the latest Toray Nano material and Fuji Torizite guides. I could of lightened the rod even more but chose to use a one piece Fuji seat, a decorative Xtasy metal butt cap, and some clean wrapping with epoxy finish on the blank. I can't help but think a rod in this price range should look good too!!

Also, the 732SF is one of our best spinning rods. The Champ 732 and 733Sf rods are just special. THX to all on this topic!!