FD is on the move

Started by FD, February 22, 2019, 07:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadeye

My last on the Daughter.

Turns out she was kind of freaking out last night when we talked. Biggest concern their inspector had was how much junk was in the house.

Last night the Daughter's Realtor and her Husband went to the house and worked from about 7-12 midnight cleaning the junk out and into a pile outside the house. Also sent a list of what they thought should be cleaned to finish the job.

Today she, I and a Friend of hers hit the house about 10:00. A few others showed to help as well. We swept, wiped down walls, mopped floors, did a lot really. Going back to finish a few things tomorrow.

All this needed done by Tuesday to let the Loan people tell their inspector to go back and check again. No reason it shouldn't pass this time.

It would of needed done anyway. And the daughter was planning to pay $600 to a cleaning crew to get it done.

Now it will be done and it just cost her some pizza and waters.

SFL BassHunter

So junk was the lenders concern? The hell kind of lender is this? What if you wanted to keep the "junk" you can't buy the house? Never heard of that. The lender should only be concerned if the place is in bad shape and not livable. Or if it has illegal additions and there's a lien on the house. There's no reason why they need to be concerned with stuff in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Deadeye

From how I understand it, their Inspector that does the value of the place said because of how messy it was and in dire need of being cleaned, it wasn't worth much and was only a Flip House.

Now all the junk has been removed and everything cleaned and swept/mopped.

Their guy said what it was worth was the same value as her offer, when the house is worth probably $40,000 more. Basically he was being a dick.

She will find out this week.

Oh and it's a 4/2/1 not a 3/2/1. But the drive has been done where you could park 6 cars with no problem plus the garage. Big paved area in the back under a huge tree and a decent sized shed.

FD

Hit a small snag that going to delay the closing a week or so.

Nothing major just going to take a bit to get all the documentation together. This would be so much easier if I had a job.

Sent from the end of the paved road...
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

BarryFL

What you mean is a job working for someone else.

~Barry~

~Barry~

twocold

Sorry for the wait. Get a job quit being a great entrepreneur

Deadeye

Sorry for you that it is taking so long Lee. Hopefully this one will be the last one and you'll be living Lakeside real soon.

FD

It just get a little frustrating. I've been in business for 22 years now. Survived the worst recession since 1973 and two ex wives. I have 7 full time 50 hour a week guys and 2 part time college students.

7 years ago I took my savings and bought my little place on Lowery for cash so I wouldn't have a mortgage. Since the divorce I've lived small. Not a lot of expenses to cover so I paid myself like an employee and reinvested profits in the company.  I have a lot of toys but I did not buy new or pay full price for them.  I saved and then bought. You can get a heck of a deal on most things if you have a wad of cash in your hand.

I feel like I've handled my finances responsibly but the banking industry looks at me sideways like I'm a drug dealer.

Apparently living a debt free lifestyle can't be comprehended by bankers.

I'm done ranting now. This will be done soon enough and you guys will be invited over for good fishing, good food, and a few adult beverages.

Deadeye

Dude I hear ya.

After we moved to Florida with both of us working and selling the old house in Pa, the only debt I had was my truck loan and our house loan.

I tried to buy a Sportster that had 450 miles on it but was 7 years old. I figured no problem. Wrong.

When I went to my bank first thing he said was it was to old for a loan. Ok no big deal give me a Personal Loan. Nope.

He said I didn't have any Credit. I asked what do you mean? He said you don't have any debt. I said I don't owe anyone and I pay cash. He said that doesn't count.

He told me to get a Credit Card and put something on it. I said ok then pay it off right? Oh no worse thing you can do. You have to make payments for a year or more to Establish that you make your payments on time and your vehicle and house don't count.

I couldn't get anyone to give me a card. Had to PAY to get one and Pay a Annual Fee for it.

After a year I started getting CC offers and started taking them. No kidding my first CC was a $300 limit, all anyone would give me and had like a 28% interest.

I dumped it as soon as I could. Now I got a 800+ Credit Rating and can get almost anything whether I can pay for it or not.

That is crazy but it's how our system works.

FD

Another email yesterday requesting 2018 corporate and personal taxes.   This is comical to me at this point so I'll play along. The mortgage company has set a new closing date for 4/30 so we will see. The sellers aren't happy but they obviously don't have another offer on the table so they have agreed.

I'm getting to the point now where I don't care either way. I have a little house on a little lake that's paid for. I want the bigger house on the big lake that comes with a big mortgage, but I don't need it.

I'm so busy at work that I don't have time to move anyway.  We had gotten the RV Park close to back on schedule and my client asked me to jump into another priority project for a week. So last week we spent in Apollo Beach getting an extension of a boulevard ready to build. This morning 6 transports are headed to pick up my tonka toys and take them back to the RV park where we now have to make up for last week. I'm honestly looking forward to the housing market slowing down a little.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: FD on April 20, 2019, 04:57:46 AM
Another email yesterday requesting 2018 corporate and personal taxes.   This is comical to me at this point so I'll play along. The mortgage company has set a new closing date for 4/30 so we will see. The sellers aren't happy but they obviously don't have another offer on the table so they have agreed.

I'm getting to the point now where I don't care either way. I have a little house on a little lake that's paid for. I want the bigger house on the big lake that comes with a big mortgage, but I don't need it.

I'm so busy at work that I don't have time to move anyway.  We had gotten the RV Park close to back on schedule and my client asked me to jump into another priority project for a week. So last week we spent in Apollo Beach getting an extension of a boulevard ready to build. This morning 6 transports are headed to pick up my tonka toys and take them back to the RV park where we now have to make up for last week. I'm honestly looking forward to the housing market slowing down a little.

I'll wait to hear about the request for 2018 corporate and personal taxes they make in about 3 or 4 days. lol
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

twocold

To put up with all the BS you must want the place. If so I hope you get it

FD

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on April 20, 2019, 06:04:54 PM
I'll wait to hear about the request for 2018 corporate and personal taxes they make in about 3 or 4 days. lol
That would not surprise me Rick. I'm pretty sure I sent them the 2018 corporate return as soon as it was finished back in early March.  The secure email service they use only saves my sent items for 30 day so I'm not sure but I had already scanned it and had a copy in my file.

This is becoming a very arduous task but I feel that we are very close. 

Yesterday I talked to a buddy who was in Banking for 25 years and he calmed me down a bit. The problem is with the new banking laws put in place after 2008 and the Patriot Act. Apparently My financials fit the profile of a drug dealer or someone laundering money for terrorists. Having multiple accounts with large deposits, a minimum debt to income ratio and running a small business so efficiently just doesn't seem believable.

I don't know many things but I'm good at getting paid to play in the dirt. I also know to listen to people that are smarter than me. So I've structured the business finances the way my CPA and lawyer tell me to, and it's worked.

Unfortunately 95% of America lives paycheck to paycheck and are drowning in CC debt. Including the people who are reviewing and approving my loan app and how I do things just doesn't seem possible to them.

If I want the house, I just have to play their game and wait them out...

So I wait.

FD

We signed the closing disclosures yesterday and sent them the "final" documents they requested.

I think we are actually going to close on Tuesday but I still have some doubt.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FD on April 27, 2019, 03:35:48 AM
We signed the closing disclosures yesterday and sent them the "final" documents they requested.

I think we are actually going to close on Tuesday but I still have some doubt.

That's awesome!! Congrats!!

Deadeye

Congrats Lee, hope this is it.

FD

Finally it's done.

Now he moving begins. Reservations for the spare boat lift will be evaluated based on willingness to carry boxes and your handyman skills

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FD on April 30, 2019, 08:08:51 PM
Finally it's done.

Now he moving begins. Reservations for the spare boat lift will be evaluated based on willingness to carry boxes and your handyman skills

Congrats Lee!!

Deadeye

Congrats Lee, hope fulfills your dreams.

twocold

Wonderful! Best of luck have a happy life in your new abode.

SFL BassHunter

Congrats Lee!!!! It's about damn time!
Florida Bass Fishing

Lee Smith

Congrats Brother!  ~c~  ~c~  ~c~
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

BarryFL

Hell yeah, Lee. It's over! Congratulations.

~Barry~

~Barry~

FD

Thanks guys.

Moving day is the 11th.

BarryFL

That's great......

...but when is the house warming fishing party?

~Barry~

~Barry~