FD is on the move

Started by FD, February 22, 2019, 07:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big g

Lee good luck on the move.  Easy to over do it and screw up your fishing for a long time.  Be careful, and the worst is already over. ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

apenland01

I've been following this for a bit, so I'm glad to see it comes to a happy ending!  Congrats on the new digs!

FD

Quote from: TR21FL on May 01, 2019, 08:19:16 PM
That's great......

...but when is the house warming fishing party?

~Barry~
Y'all are welcome anytime.

I'm thinking we're going to have a big house warming/fishing party in August and all are invited.

The summer semester starts next week and Amy's teaching  4 classes through the end of July and then she starts her PhD at the end of August.

Sent from the end of the paved road...
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

FD

Quote from: big g on May 02, 2019, 09:31:19 PM
Lee good luck on the move.  Easy to over do it and screw up your fishing for a long time.  Be careful, and the worst is already over. ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Too late!  I spent 4 hours pressure washing that monster dock yesterday, for the first and last time.

I've got some of my boys coming out this weekend to help with the out side stuff and I hired movers to take care of the house. I'm going to try and just supervise. We'll see how that goes.

The first fish off the dock. My fishing buddy/realtor brought his son with him for the final inspection on closing day.

Deadeye

Lee I was going to ask if you needed any help with the moving, but I see you are hiring it out.

Still if there is something you need help with let me know.

FD

My nephew helped us move stuff this morning so I let him take the boat out this afternoon.

The boat is home

Capt. BassinLou

That is so freakin cool Lee!! Congrats again bud!!

FlatsNBay

Congrats Lee. It looks like a great set up for you.

FD

Quote from: Deadeye on May 03, 2019, 08:05:23 AM
Lee I was going to ask if you needed any help with the moving, but I see you are hiring it out.

Still if there is something you need help with let me know.

Thanks Fred.

I've got movers coming tomorrow along with a couple of my guys who want fishing/boat privileges to help get everything moved over.

Right now we're living in a house full of boxes and can't wait to get everything over to the new place.

The new furniture we bought is being delivered today.

Deadeye

Quote from: FD on May 10, 2019, 04:10:19 AM
Thanks Fred.

I've got movers coming tomorrow along with a couple of my guys who want fishing/boat privileges to help get everything moved over.

Right now we're living in a house full of boxes and can't wait to get everything over to the new place.

The new furniture we bought is being delivered today.

~c~

twocold

Not quite sure how to say this. JEALOUS!

FD

D day is here.

Yesterday the new furniture was delivered by two nice young men who like money so I hired them to come over after work to help with the move. They loaded up my motorcycle trailer with everything we had packed so we have room this morning to finish the packing and take apart my wall unit so it will get through the door.

The movers will be here in 6 hours to get the big pieces and whatever is left.  We may not get everything over today but I sold the place with a June 1st closing date so we have time.

FD

Made it.

First morning at the port. Yesterday was choreographed chaos at best.  The movers showed up at 9. I had the rail off the deck so they back up to it. By 11:30 everything was in the truck. The only complication was the fridge. We had to take the handles off it and the front door to the house off the hinges to get it out. The problem came when I went to rehang the Hurricane battered door. Irma had beat on that door for 5 hours and bent the hinges. 3 trips to my truck for progressively larger hammers finally did the trick.

Unloaded at the new house by 3 and the cable guy was early. Got the WiFi set up. FedEx came a little later and I got my Verizon network extender set up. We went from almost no service inside to a full 5 bars in the middle of nowhere.

I hung a few TVs, found the coffee machine, showered and hit the bed, completely exhausted.

Today's plan is to fish a little then head to Home Depot for a dryer cord, old house, three prong plug, then try to get my office functional.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FD on May 12, 2019, 04:57:39 AM
Made it.

First morning at the port. Yesterday was choreographed chaos at best.  The movers showed up at 9. I had the rail off the deck so they back up to it. By 11:30 everything was in the truck. The only complication was the fridge. We had to take the handles off it and the front door to the house off the hinges to get it out. The problem came when I went to rehang the Hurricane battered door. Irma had beat on that door for 5 hours and bent the hinges. 3 trips to my truck for progressively larger hammers finally did the trick.

Unloaded at the new house by 3 and the cable guy was early. Got the WiFi set up. FedEx came a little later and I got my Verizon network extender set up. We went from almost no service inside to a full 5 bars in the middle of nowhere.

I hung a few TVs, found the coffee machine, showered and hit the bed, completely exhausted.

Today's plan is to fish a little then head to Home Depot for a dryer cord, old house, three prong plug, then try to get my office functional.

Although tiring, that's great news... one of your last house keeping items will be creating a new signature.. "Sent from ..... "  ;) 

Deadeye

Now comes the Un-Boxing and the deciding of Do I want it here or Here?

After a few tries you'll get everything where you want it for good.

Really Happy for You and that this part of the Journey has ended. Now to start making new memories.

FD

Quote from: Bassinlou on May 12, 2019, 06:48:11 AM
Although tiring, that's great news... one of your last house keeping items will be creating a new signature.. "Sent from ..... "  ;)
Working on that but it's tough to top the last one.

Thanks Fred.  As of right now the only memory we've made is leg pain. . My back is surprisingly good while my legs are not used to stairs and are complaining at the moment.

FD

Been at the new house for a week.  Still living out of boxes but things are slowly getting back to normal.

We're going over to the old place this morning to get the rest of my rod shop and the stuff out of my storage conex.

Yesterday I ran down to the north end of Kissimmee. I was barely on plane (35 mph) so I could graph the bottom and it still only took 18 min to get there. The water is way down and dirty. Caught a few random dinks but no pattern or size.

Tomorrow Josh is coming over and we're going to do some exploring.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FD on May 18, 2019, 04:51:01 AM
Been at the new house for a week.  Still living out of boxes but things are slowly getting back to normal.

We're going over to the old place this morning to get the rest of my rod shop and the stuff out of my storage conex.

Yesterday I ran down to the north end of Kissimmee. I was barely on plane (35 mph) so I could graph the bottom and it still only took 18 min to get there. The water is way down and dirty. Caught a few random dinks but no pattern or size.

Tomorrow Josh is coming over and we're going to do some exploring.

Sounds like fun!!  ~cf ~cf