US 27 2/28/19

Started by Capt. BassinLou, February 28, 2019, 05:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

FLOGROWN and I played hooky from work today and we decided to head out to 27 and check out the action. We arrived at the ramp at 8am, and we had to wait in line to launch!!  ~xyz ~xyz ... I guess Thurs is the equivalent to Sunday for retired guys.  lo lo..  Fortunately however, once everyone launched every one stayed out of each others way.

The weather was nice when we arrived but then fog rolled in and stuck around for a little while. I have never witnessed fog rolling in like that so late in the morning.  :o

FLOGROWN (FG) was getting in on the action very quickly with his spinnerbait (SB) but it was mostly aggressive Oscar. I started with a SB also, got few strikes, switched to a swimbait and landed a couple of bass. Still looking for an aggressive bite, I switched gears and pulled out the frog rod. (I haven't caught a bass on a frog in a long while) Fortunately the bass were willing to play, and I came across a good frogging pattern.

Bass were holding to specific cover and their strike zones were tight, but when the frog landed on a sweet spot, boom!! lights out!!  lo  ~bb

FG got into a SB bite, and landed himself a couple of nice fish as well. He switched gears and slowed down is approach with some soft plastics, and that yielded him 2 big  ^-^ Mudfish!!  lo ~bb

By the second half of the day, the bass changed patterns again, we stuck a few more fish, but I had to get going. I called the trip at 3pm. Glanced at the fish counter, and we successfully boated 30 bass today. I'll take it!!

Day in Perspective: FG, it was fun hanging out with you today bud.  ~beer~ The bass were playing a little hard to get but they showed their hand, and we were able to establish a consistent pattern. Work crews were full force with cranes, barges, work boats, and helicopters, but that didn't stop the bass from biting.  :)

Thank you for reading.  ~beer~

FLO GROWN

Thanks for the invite,always a pleasure to fish with you. Like Lou said the Oscars we're tearing up my spinnerbaits managed to get about 10 bass all day on it,but Lou crushed them on the frog as always he had a couple of fish over 3.5 my best not counting two 5lb plus mudfish was a bass went around 2.6lbs rest of mine were about a pound. It was alot better than working Thanks again Lou had a great time!!!

"Tight lines"

Lipripper

Thanks for the report Lou and glad you and FG got together and caught some fish and had a great day together.  ~c~ ~c~ Nothing wrong with playing hooky to go fishing.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

FlatsNBay

Nice report fellas, now get back to work! Jeesh!  ~bb

FLO GROWN

"Tight lines"

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on February 28, 2019, 06:49:38 PM
Nice report fellas, now get back to work! Jeesh!  ~bb
Lol!! Today was an extremely rare day for me. 

SFL BassHunter

Thanks for the report. Glad you guys got out to fish and found some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

big g

Nice job guys,  ~c~glad you found some willing to play.  Always better then going to work, and a lot easier getting up in the morning!  Is that where your going this weekend?   :-*
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FLO GROWN

Quote from: big g on February 28, 2019, 07:23:28 PM
Nice job guys,  ~c~glad you found some willing to play.  Always better then going to work, and a lot easier getting up in the morning!  Is that where your going this weekend?   :-*
I'm not sure where I'm going Saturday yet

"Tight lines"

Donald Garner

Lou / FG guys congrats on a successful day out on the water ~c~ ~c~  Tks for sharing the trip and pictures with us also ;)
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

LgMouthGambler

Good job guys. 8am launch? Good Lord yall were late!
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 01, 2019, 09:56:23 AM
Lol! According to who's schedule?

FLO GROWN

Quote from: Bassinlou on March 01, 2019, 10:05:38 AM
Lol! According to who's schedule?
LOL!!! They didn't turn on till later in morning, Everglades bass like to sleep in

"Tight lines"

FloridaFishinFool

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 01, 2019, 09:56:23 AM

~roflmao  True dat!

Great catchin' guys! Thanks for the report
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

SFL BassHunter

The thing is, glades bass don't wake up till around that time anyways, sometimes even later.

I've never had a day in the glades where I said to myself, oh thank goodness I got here at sunrise, otherwise I wouldn't have caught fish. It's usually the opposite.
Why the hell am I getting up so damn early...these fish aren't even active yet.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FLO GROWN on March 01, 2019, 11:53:15 AM
LOL!!! They didn't turn on till later in morning, Everglades bass like to sleep in

They dont turn on till later when you miss the morning bite, duh.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FLO GROWN

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 01, 2019, 04:20:56 PM
Lol it's all about lunch time bite

"Tight lines"

Capt. BassinLou

I'm just happy I could go fishing!!

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 01, 2019, 04:20:56 PM
The once in a blue moon morning bite? Lol

Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on March 02, 2019, 03:43:46 AM
The once in a blue moon morning bite? Lol

Nah. You Spanish people cant get up in time, so its "once in a blue moon" for yall. Lol!

<")))>{

Deadeye

Another Good Outing in the Glades!

Swede

Need to get on down there and fish those canals one day - thanks for the report Lou! ~c~
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Swede on March 02, 2019, 08:38:54 AM
Need to get on down there and fish those canals one day - thanks for the report Lou! ~c~
If you can make it down March 16 for the meet and greet we would love to have you.

Swede

Quote from: Bassinlou on March 02, 2019, 08:45:25 AM
If you can make it down March 16 for the meet and greet we would love to have you.

Unfortunately that won't happen - tournament that weekend on Seminole. Thanks for the invite though  ;D
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Swede on March 02, 2019, 06:32:23 PM
Unfortunately that won't happen - tournament that weekend on Seminole. Thanks for the invite though  ;D
We will meet eventually Swede.