Another Exoticful Outing

Started by Capt. BassinLou, March 09, 2019, 05:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Couldn't coax a bass to bite again!! But I did manage to coax a lot of MC's

And.. came across this guy walking back to my car.

SFL BassHunter

Nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

FlatsNBay

Nice! Was that blood on the cichlid pic or some unusual spot?

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on March 09, 2019, 07:17:32 PM
Nice! Was that blood on the cichlid pic or some unusual spot?
Thanks Flats, that's blood, the hook "woops"ed the outside gill plate.

Donald Garner

Lou those sure are some beautiful fish there.  Tks for sharing those pictures with us.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Donald Garner on March 09, 2019, 07:51:09 PM
Lou those sure are some beautiful fish there.  Tks for sharing those pictures with us.
Thanks Donald.

Donald Garner

Lou, got to ask this question.  How did all those exotic fish wind up down that way.  I'm just guessing people bought them at pet shops and dumped them in there.

The peacock bass now did the Florida fish and wildlife do a stocking program with those?
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bassinkorea

Beautiful fish Lou   ~c~

Those Peacock bass are one of my bucket list fish. One day I'd love the chance to catch some, especially some bigger ones.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

big g

Quote from: Donald Garner on March 09, 2019, 08:31:12 PM
Lou, got to ask this question.  How did all those exotic fish wind up down that way.  I'm just guessing people bought them at pet shops and dumped them in there.

The peacock bass now did the Florida fish and wildlife do a stocking program with those?

Fish and Game did test studies in controlled land locked sites, on their impact on the native fish then released them in south Florida to help control the Oscar and other exotics.  It's been a blessing for the the area fisherman!  Fun fun, fun.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Donald Garner on March 09, 2019, 08:31:12 PM

Donald, first off I have to apologize for not seeing this question til right now. To answer your questions, yes many of our exotics were dumped in our waters for one reason or another. The Peacock bass however was introduced. FWC introduced the Peacock bass in the 80's to combat the growing issue with certain exotics. Since our waters are similar to that of the exotics home waters, we have a plethora of exotic fish species making South FL the most unique freshwater fishery in the country.