Copolymer Line For Ned Rig

Started by ike8120, March 09, 2019, 05:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ike8120

What are your feelings on using a coploymer line for a ned rig?
Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: ike8120 on March 09, 2019, 05:42:33 PM
What are your feelings on using a coploymer line for a ned rig?
Shouldn't be a problem

zippyduck

It is the ideal line for it. It sinks slowly and has some stretch to help from tearing or bend the hooks out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

loomisguy

LgMouthGambler

You can use any kind of line. The proper diameter for the total weight, the rod, and the way you set your drag will all balance the total picture. Choice of line is a confidence thing. You just have to be smart witb the other 2 decisions.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Oldfart9999

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 11, 2019, 05:33:38 AM
You can use any kind of line. The proper diameter for the total weight, the rod, and the way you set your drag will all balance the total picture. Choice of line is a confidence thing. You just have to be smart witb the other 2 decisions.

<")))>{
Yep, I use 15 lb braid on a medium or medium/lite 7 foot rod and it works well.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

ike8120

I have completed my setup Dobyns FR702SF, KK Sharkylll(2000), KK 8# test copolymer.
Thanks to everyone for your tips and suggestion
Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

chrisD46

Quote from: zippyduck on March 09, 2019, 06:39:50 PM
It is the ideal line for it. It sinks slowly and has some stretch to help from tearing or bend the hooks out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
^^This^^ ... A good co-poly such as #6 lb. Yozuri Hybrid certainly has it's place ... I just prefer to use #8 lb. Power Pro as a main line and a longish leader of #6 lb. ~ #8 lb. co-poly . FC has it's place if the water is really clear OR you definitely want that bait on the bottom (i.e. craws) .