Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Florida Bass Trip  (Read 630 times)

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
Florida Bass Trip
« on: March 10, 2019, 10:50:52 AM »

Only three more weeks until we head to Florida, Lake Istokpoga.  Looking forward to some big bass hunting.  This is a quick trip only two days of fishing with a guide.  I have not fished anywhere in Florida so this will be my first time.  Really looking forward to the adventure.  Terry G is my partner on this trip and I don't think he has ever fished in Florida either.  Probably expect to be flipping and pitching.  We are traveling very light.  Each of us are only taking two rods and a very small pack of baits.  If we need anything else we will get it from the guide.  We have rented a house at the lake so it should be a good trip albeit a short one.

Lipripper

• LM Forum Staff
  • Chicago Illinois
Re: Florida Bass Trip
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 02:16:38 PM »

Bud you and Terry should have a great trip and hope y'all can find some nice fish and the weather is good for y'all also.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Rangerman

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 08:42:59 AM »

Enjoy ~c~

santee bass

• Bass Fishing Guide
  • Baby Bass
    • www.inkydavis.com
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 08:39:23 PM »

Bud,I have spent about 5 or 6 weeks on the I over the years.Never used a guide but had some very good trips there.We always stayed at Hendersonís Fish Camp.Thats also where I saw the fastest bass boat(Stroker)running.It was running 110 mph.Have a good trip.

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 08:59:43 PM »

Inky, our original plan was to stay at Hendersons.  When the wives decided they want to go along we upgraded to a house that is quite nice.  Now the wives have decided to stay home since it is such a fast trip so us  two old man will have the house to ourselves.  Bottom line is the cost of the house is actually just a bit higher priced then the fish camp.  The daily rate is reasonable but by the time you ad all the taxes and fees for a rental house it is a bit more.  I think if we knew it was just us old guys Henderson's would have been our final choice.  We are gonna check it out while we are down there. If we go back I most likely will take my boat instead of using a guide once I see the lay of the lake as it were.

Rangerman

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 06:42:52 PM »

Y'all just enjoy ~c~ catch a BIG FISH ;D and just enjoy. Stay Safe.   We want a FULL REPORT when you return.

FloridaFishinFool

• Fisher Person
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 07:01:57 AM »

I hope you catch that dream bass!

Bud, would you ask ole' Dave if he does any mine fishing? He lives in the right area for it... and like you and this bucket list trip... I am now planning my own down that way...

For those members who are a little older than me, members who are posting comments about bucket list trips, and doing things today, and not putting things off any more until another day...

It all hit home here. So thanks!
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 09:19:00 AM »

I'll try to remember to ask him.

Lipripper

• LM Forum Staff
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 03:36:52 PM »

It won't be much longer now Bud and hope you find that 10 lber  ~bb  FFF  I did the one trip I wanted on my bucket list if I had one several years ago when I made a once in a life time trip up to Alaska to go fishing and I will always remember that one. Now that my body can't take these long trips I'm glad I went on that one.

FloridaFishinFool

• Fisher Person
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 04:27:08 PM »

Its a good thing we are all around here prodding and urging each other to get motivated and get back to living for the sake of living to enjoy it... time is the one thing we are all growing short on every day.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 09:28:16 PM by FloridaFishinFool »
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

Lipripper

• LM Forum Staff
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 05:40:28 PM »

FFF next time I'm on my laptop I will have to make a thread called MY BUCKET LIST TRIP and tell all about it again with  ;PHO) It was many years ago and I'm sure I reported on it then but it's archived somewhere by now. lo

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 05:49:51 PM »

You know I will probably write about this trip.  I just hope I have something to write about.  I am planning on a bunch of pictures but not doing any video this time.  After the trip I will have a better feel about what to write about.   Lately I have had some writers block.  I have been writing but most of my recent stuff just did not shape up to become a story.  I guess that is just part of the deal.  I never know when a story is coming.  All I know is that when it does it happens quickly and I often write it in about 10 or 15 minutes.  Kinda hard to explain but that is what happens.

I want to do another trip this year but not sure exactly where.  If the Guntersville Rally with Lee Smith happens then it will hold the top spot for the future although it is not a bucket list trip.

FloridaFishinFool

• Fisher Person
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 05:51:24 PM »

Post it Lip.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 09:27:48 PM by FloridaFishinFool »

Rangerman

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 06:10:28 AM »

Well I guess you packed and on the way if not there :) Get you a Big One :shocking:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.