New from Illinois

Started by CueBaller, March 26, 2019, 05:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CueBaller

Hey, all.

New member here in Illinois.

My wife and I recently bought a few acres, along with about a 1/2 acre pond, so I'll definitely be asking some questions.

I grew up fishing for channel cat in my grandparents' ponds, so I'm pretty new to all things bass.

And to keep from getting off on the wrong foot, which section of the forum would I go to for questions about stocking my pond?  I scanned the main forums and didn't see anything quite appropriate.

Thanks!

Donald Garner

CueBaller,

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~

Most general questions get posted in Dock Talk to start with.  Everyone usually starts out reading that part of UltimateBass first.   We have all the other topics reference fishing, boating, hunting, cooking and fishing club labeled pretty much. 

If you accidently post a question in the wrong section we'll let you know by sending you personal email  ;)  We'll get you set up in the right area so the subject matter experts can chime in.

Again welcome to UltimateBass

Don
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Lipripper

and to Ultimate Bass and we are glad to have you here with us so make yourself right at  :)hsh: What part of Illinois are y'all from ? Noting wrong with being a cat fisherman  ;D I still fish for them. If you would like a chance to win some Mr Twister baits stop by here and sign up. It only take 5 post to get in and you have 2 already.  March New Members Contest Hope you get some answers to your pond question and I'm sure you will.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

zippyduck

Welcome to UB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any questions at all and you can PM any of the Moderators and we will nudge you in the right direction.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Smallie_Stalker

Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable.

I see Lip already pointed you to the New Member's Contest. We also have Weekly Contests so be sure and get your name in for those too as they become available.

We love pictures around here. Please feel free to post some pics of your catches anytime in our Catch of the Day board.

We're looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

In the meantime, if you need any help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><

Sent from my LG-H932 (LG V30 Plus) using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

BrandonK

Welcome to UB! Where about are you in Illinois? I'm a former Cook County resident up until several years ago

apenland01

ike8120

Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

CueBaller

Quote from: BrandonK on March 27, 2019, 08:12:35 PM
Welcome to UB! Where about are you in Illinois? I'm a former Cook County resident up until several years ago
I'm in southern Macoupin county, not far from St Louis.

Skunked again

Welcome, from Highland Illinois !
Happily married. Two kids. Two dogs.

the_huber_show

Quote from: CueBaller on March 29, 2019, 07:45:15 PM
I'm in southern Macoupin county, not far from St Louis.

Welcome from the Missouri side  lo

When you go out make sure to post your outings in the Missouri Reports section
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

SteveTX