SJHT Rainbow Lake Club Results Sat. 03-30-19

Started by BigNasty06, March 31, 2019, 07:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigNasty06

Place: RAINBOW LAKE, NJ
Date: Sat March 30, 2019
Time: 7am -2:00pm
Weather: Initial cloudy and overcast with sun finally burning through.  55 Degree early morning temps warming up to 73 Degrees.   
Water Temps: 54  Degrees at the start and rising slightly to 57.5 Degrees by the end of the event.
Water Clarity: clear down to 1.5'. Stain with the early slight wind.
Wind Gust: 10-15 MPH!!
Best Lure:  Traps, jerkbaits, and finesse worms
Depths fished: 1'~3.5'
Limit: 3

----------------------------------------------

Alright....Good morning...Good morning.  After a good night sleep I'm back up recharged.

Saturday, South Jersey Hook This! had another nice turnout for our 2nd event of the young season.  18 Members came out to Rainbow Lake in search of Mobey Dick and yes fish were caught.

Angler's showed up early and pumped up.  I was even earlier than normal.  Go Figure!  LOL.

Without further adieu, lets give a big shout out to returning member Mike White in taking 1st place with 2 Bass going 7.30lbs and a Gigantic Lunker anchoring his bag going 6.23lbs.  Can you say Wowza!  2nd Place was won by Brian M. with 3 Bass going 4.39lbs. 3rd Place was taken home by Bill *The Hammer* L. with 3 Bass going 3.63lbs. Miscellenous was won by new Rookie Member Brandon K. with a Pickeral going 2.52lbs.  Way to go Men!! 

RAINBOW LAKE TALE OF THE TAPE:

Congrats to Mike White on 1st and A Whopping Lunker.

Briian M. taking 2nd Place:

Bill L. taking 3rd Place:

Brandon K. on the Miscelleneous Pot:

and other Members Bags and on the Water scenary:

Runner-up Lunker John P. 3.35lber:

Chris P. nice Bass caught:

Father and son putting in work:

Bob Van S. and his 3 Bass Limit:

Laynes catch of the day:

Traps catch of the Day:

The Moe Train and his bag:

A guy trying to figure out where the Bass are hiding:

Another angler trying to find them....LOL  Rob M.:

View traveling back to the Ramp:

Parking Lot almost at Max capacity:

Summary:  So as one can see there were Bass caught on this day.  Some Anglers reported catching many Dinks whereas others including myself didn't even get a Sniff.  The bass seem be scattered throughout the lake with no particular pattern or signs of moving up towards the banks.  Though water temps were almost 8 degrees warmer than last week at Stewarts Lake, the water temp only varied by 2 degrees from the Northern Section vs. the Southern section of the Lake.

All in all,  12 out of 18 Anglers caught at least 1 Bass.  There were 3 Limits Caught.  There were a total of 21 Bass Caught giving way to a total of 31.95lbsThe avg. of 1.52lbs was on par with what anglers caught.  The Lunker of 6.23lbs takes over the lead of Lunker of the Year so far.

What can one say?  Congrats to all that came out on this day!  Big congrats on those that were able to bring a Bass to the scales.

Next week, we have the Big U at Union Lake.  Hope to see you guys come back out as the Spring bite is starting to turn on.

Tightlines,
BN06

Capt. BassinLou

Great to see you back BN.  ~c~ Appreciate these reports. Some nice looking bass were caught. Well done.

Lipripper

Great seeing y'all back at it for another year BN06 and some nice looking fish  ;PHO) but what happened I didn't see a picture of you holding any fish.  ~shade  ;D Oh well it looked like a great day to be out fishing and you will get em next time.  ~bb

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

BigNasty06

Quote from: Bassinlou on March 31, 2019, 07:47:04 AM
Great to see you back BN.  ~c~ Appreciate these reports. Some nice looking bass were caught. Well done.

BassinLou,
Hey man!  Yes....Back at it again.  The weather up here in the NorthEast has us fickled.  Just as we think there's gonna be a warming trend...a Cold front comes in the day before and pretty much shut most of the Bass Down.  However as you can see, some anglers figured them out.  I know they'll eventually come but this Jersey fishing is getting old.  Ha ha!!

I might just have to move South and leave the Skunk back here in Jersey.

BTW... It's good being back.
BN06

BigNasty06

Quote from: Lipripper on March 31, 2019, 02:21:18 PM
Great seeing y'all back at it for another year BN06 and some nice looking fish  ;PHO) but what happened I didn't see a picture of you holding any fish.  ~shade  ;D Oh well it looked like a great day to be out fishing and you will get em next time.  ~bb

LipRipper,
How have you been my friend?  Hopefully well.  Another year...another dollar eh?  LOL!!  Those stingy NJ Bass didn't get my text messages.  They knew that we were coming and hid down in the spillway away from me.  Ha Ha!!   lo  That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Every year, it seems like I start slowly.  Wait a minute... I do start slowly!   ~b~ I know once we make our Southern swing down to the Delaware and Maryland bodies of waters....the Bass will cooperate.  That's another 2.5 weeks.  LOL

Good to be back LipRipper....
BN06