April Spring Bassing and Prayer Requests

Started by Donald Garner, March 31, 2019, 07:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stren_g

Mornin ya'll, we're supposed to hit 74 today with partly cloudy skies. This midwest springtime weather is nuts. One day mid 70's the next 35 and windy...rain, snow, hail, tornado watches, more rain all in the same week... but the wind never quits  ~roflmao This week is pretty run of the mill. Work, kids, chores, and a bit of guitar and reading on my ham material.
Don, knot heads and paperwork... sounds like a sketchy comedy film. Speaking of missing fish, thats similar to how I missed my one sunday bite. I saw it come out of the grass along the bank and it bit so fast I couldn't set the hook fast enough.
Rodney, you have the guts to get up and sing in front of folks. That's not easy to do, I can't carry a tune in a bucket. I reckon that's why I picked up an instrument.
Ya'll have a good day, and tight lines to those who can hit the water!

Lipripper

Evening everyone and that 4" of snow we had on Sunday is all gone now with this 73* temps it didn't last long.  ~c~ ~c~ Dang Donald that new dispenser didn't last long.  ~xyz Rodney did you bring lots of that good maple syrup home with you? SHC hows the little boy doing today? Stren your weather sounds a lot like Chicago . lo lo Sorry put my printer is out of commission for the time being so no skunk diplomas. Bud ow are things going over by the beach? tops your convoy g OK. Hope everyone had a great day and be safe out there.   

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Bud Kennedy

Feeling a bit under the weather the past few days.  Currently it seems like all of my muscles are hurting and the knees and hips are also stiff and painful.  Now I am so cold that I am actually shaking.  Believe it or not I just put on a heavy lined coat just to try to warm up.  It seems to be working but now the nose seems to be running.  This is not good Tater.

The Mrs is also have some medical issues since I returned from Florida.  She is not sleeping well and does not seem to be able to focus on anything.  Kinda like a  bi polar thing.   She is already a bit handicapped due to severe back problems. She want to work around the house and yard but she just isn't physically able to do that.  As a result I am pulling double duty so to speak and I think we are but in need of a good rest.

Illness is a very rare event around our home but not at this time.

FYI the outdoor temp is 65 down from 70 earlier in the afternoon.  Inside temperature is 74 but I am still cold.  Go figure..

Donald Garner

Greetings from Texas  8)
We had mostly cloudy skies with forecasted temps of 66 / 76 dgrs with 56% humidity across Central Texas today.  They're forecasting Thunderstorms tomorrow  ~rain

Another day at the fun factory.  These kids are getting out of control.  Had one of the lil darlings decided to open up the soap dispenser in the girls restroom.  She pulled the soap bottle out and dumped all the soap out onto the floor.  She then stuck the empty soap bottle back inside of the dispenser and closed the lid  >:(  May 30th can't get here any sooner  :surrender:

Rodney; Sounds like a very tasty breakfast there.  Glad your rehearsal and actual service went well for ya.

Stren; I was watching the weather channel and that weather y'all had was something.  Hope there wasn't any damage to your place.

Lip; Glad to hear that dang storm that move across the Upper Midwest didn't last to long.  Tomorrow I'm going to replace the dispenser.  I had a talk with the principal today about the kids tearing stuff up.  We're not allowed to put cameras in the restrooms.  We don't have the staff man power to have someone to monitor it all day long either. 

Bud; Sorry to hear you and the wife being down and out.  Hope you both get to feeling better soon.

To everyone I hope tomorrow is a better day for everybody.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Oldfart9999

HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY!!! It's the running of the camels day so keep a watch out so you don't get trampled! lo lo ;) ::) 36, clear, supposed to be foggy, rain tonight. Did the gym thing, I'm getting better on the elliptical, 3.45 miles in 30 minutes this morning, feels good and my sugar numbers are getting better. Tomorrow I have my follow up from the injections, should be good news, I'll find out what else I can get back to at the gym.
Lip, good that you only got a short version of the storm. If your printer isn't working because of windows 10 there is a way to load legacy programs, while my printer hooked up easily I have several programs that didn't and had to go the other route.
Stren, I don't sing, trust me, if I sing "The Party's Over" people are flying out the door, I've been known to attract herds of female moose. It's done in drama.
Bud, I'll add you and Mrs. Bud to our morning prayers, hope the 2 of you get to feeling better quickly!!!
Donald, I still think that 1 bathroom for the boys and 1 for the girls should be all that's open and they are monitored, let the little darlings deal with that. Actually I'd just send them home and give detention if they don't come back. Plan any fishing soon? Did Carl have his big motor checked yet?
Looks like I'll be raking the front yard today, that freaking decorative pear the city put there did the usual mid winter dump of fruit and leaves, if it weren't for my back it would have been done in February. ~rant ~xyz ^-^ ~xyz ~xyz ~rant ~rant
Have a great day, be well!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Stren_g

Mornin crew, We're about to get hailed on here... nothin major .5" or so. It's 59*, raining, and a thunderstorm warning. Man I love the smell of a spring rain. We've got the shop doors open. Nice to air it out. Got some meat thawin for Easter weekend, gonna fire up the smoker. We will have my wifes family down Saturday and my folks Sunday. We're gonna make it easy and do pulled pork and fixins.
Don we haven't gotten anything bad in my town luckily. A lot of smaller towns along the rivers/creeks were flooded out. I don't know what makes those kids do things like that. They should make them work a few days a week. Maybe they'd understand what a pain in rear it is to put up that kind of behavior.
Rodney... famale moose!  ~roflmao now that's funny!
Ya'll have a good day!

SteelHorseCowboy

Morning y'all!

Been dealing with rain and receeding flood waters.
Went to a joint called Walk Ons yesterday. Had a buffalo chicken sammich. It was so delicious! Then I got the worst case of heartburn a couple hours after filling some sandbags. Got off work and went hunting for a fishing spot. I'm gonna have to break out the yak for fishing, but finding the time is a different story. Did not do any actual fishing unfortunately.
Got home, promptly puked, went to bed. Woke up for dinner and a movie!

The little feller is doing great still, so is his mom. He can already pick his head up and move it around and it's not as cone shaped as it was.

The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend, and dammit, I'm going to MAKE time to get in some real fishing!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Afternoon everyone and Rodney is it to late to enter my in the race.  lo lo Well it is 68* and overcast would be a good day to go fishing but am helping watch both the great grand kids who are on spring vacation beside next Wednesday or Thursday I will be leaving on my spring fishing vacation and will have lots of time to go fishing everyday if I'm up for it. Bud sorry y'all are feeling bad and hope it don't last too long. Donald looks like the dam is getting more holes in it.  lo lo Hope they don't decide to blow it up and start all kinds of stuff.  Rodney maybe you should put some stuff on them decorative pear trees to get rid of them and make it look like natural causes.  >:D  SHC glad that mom and baby are both doing fine and hope you can get out fishing soon. Stren sounds like y'all getting some bad weather out your way hope that hail don't damage your stuff bad. Hope everyone has a good day and be safe out there.

SteelHorseCowboy

I did go fishing for a few minutes today Lip. Wouldn't even call it fishing, more like 20 minutes of casting practice. Saw a big ol catfish come up to the surface and decided I'm gonna pull the bass gear out of the car and put some cat gear in it. May hit the same spot tomorrow with some of them live crawfish from my sewer pond. We have heavy vegetation trying to take over, I feared it was giant salvinia, it's a real problem just down the road at Black Bayou Monroe. Took a closer look, and it's not GS but it's another plant that looks similar and spreads like wildfire. And it's chock full of big crawfish.

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone  :)

Mostly cloudy skies with the forecasted temps of 61/81dgrs with 74% humidity across Central Texas.
It rained most of today nothing hard just a light steady rain.  The Sun is out now and it starting to clear off.  Our forecast for the next 4 days is clear skies and lot of Sun  ~sun ~c~

I replaced the damaged soap dispenser in the boys restroom this morning.  It made it through this day so far.  It was pretty quiet today on the battle front with the knot heads and lil darling  ~shade

Rodney; Glad to hear you're hitting the gym once again.  Hope you receive good news tomorrow during the doctor's visit.  Rodney they won't let us put locks on the restroom doors.  The other school I worked at prior to this one we had locks on the doors.  We locked all the restroom except ( 2 ).  Once the bed run we would unlock the rest.  We had Security Officers monitor the restrooms. When the bell rung again they doors were locked.  We cut down on stuff being damaged by doing this.

Depending on the weather I might hit Nolan Lake Friday after work.   The Special Olympics are taking the weekend off due to Easter etc.  But we have a basketball tournament on Saturday from 8am - 8pm.  I'm working the first 6hrs and my day team member she's taking the other 6hrs.

Carl hasn't really checked his engine yet.  He did pull the cover off and found a loose wire.  He reconnected it and the engine did start up.  He's out visiting his son now so he'll get more into it once he gets back home.

Stren; I love that Spring smell also.  Hope the hail didn't damage anything over your way.  We were suppose to have some real nasty weather here today.  I guess it went around us which is alright by me.

SHC; You guys got a TON OF RAIN over the weekend.  We were on Caney Lake just Southwest of Monroe fishing the UBCS.  Saturday it just didn't let up.  On our way back to Texas there was high water in every field and ditch along both sides of those LA highways.  Even up on I-20 all the creeks etc were flooding over. 

Hey congrats again on the new Grandson.  Tks for the update on mom and the lil guy.

Lip; So you had your hands full today with the grandkids.  Hope you had a great day with them.  I know you got to be warned out also.  Alright the clock is ticking till you and hit start slaying those crappie  ~cf ~fff ~fff

Bud; Hope you and the wife are feeling better today.

To everyone have a really pleasant and relaxing evening.  Hope tomorrow is a better day for everyone.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Bud Kennedy

What ever evil bug that had me screwed up yesterday seems to have passed.  The chills have stopped and all the aching muscles are back to normal.  Really a strange thing but it is all over now and the Mrs. had me back at work today.  She had re organized the pantry and it is nice and neat but the problem is that 25% of the stuff was still on the kitchen counter.  After "splaining" to her how this works I put the rest of the stuff away and politely asked her not to change things in the kitchen again.  I am the cook and it was a pain just trying to find stuff in the pantry,  All other items she has scattered all over the house are not put back in their proper places and once again I have asked her to stop moving stuff around and letting it lay around the house.  This is not a new deal but something I deal with from time to time.  She wants to help but just does not have a concept of putting stuff away in it proper place.  In a small house like ours it does not take long before chaos ensues. 

The lawn has been mowed and fertilized and I have replanted the plants she wanted in pots so that is also done.  My old 20 year mower packed it in so I had to run over to Lowes and get a new one.  I hope this one last as long as the old one.  I ordered two small sideboard cabinets for the dinning room and they will be here tomorrow so I can move the china and unused fancy glassware in to those places making room to organize the pantry a bit better.  Space is always an issue around here.

Severe storms here on Friday so tomorrow, I will batten down some the the lawn stuff so it does not blow around.  Gonna move the  Wife's Monte Carlo in to our neighbors empty garage and put my truck in our garage just in case the hail gets carried away.  The only thing left to worry about will be the boat sitting in the storage lot.  It has a heavy ranger cover but we all know the damage that hail has the potential to deliver.  I submitted the blog about the bucket list trip to mike today.  After it goes through edit then it will be posted but that may be a few more weeks or so.

All you folks from TX, LA, Miss, AL, TN, GA and the Carolinas protect what you can from the storm.  Stay  Safe Out There.

SteelHorseCowboy

Don, most of the area got about four inches. Reading three different rain gauges here in Sterlington, we got 7". We were hit very hard, and flooding just makes my new job harder. Our sewer system has so many infiltration points that stormwater flows in and tries to overwhelm the system. We've been working literally day and night to get and keep things under control until yesterday when we finally mostly succeeded. We've spent the last two days rebuilding/relubing pumps, replacing bearings, belts and pulling clogs out.
And, we're going to get more rain starting tonight. The upside is, they're only talking about an inch or so.

Sewer pumps have a way of putting you in your place.

SteelHorseCowboy

Round two... or was it six?

SteelHorseCowboy

I may have laughed a little hard at this...

SteelHorseCowboy

My rain gauge is reading 2.5" and it's still coming down hard.
The river has decided to join in too.

Lipripper

Afternoon everyone I just got back from my Cancer doctors appointment. He said everything is still looking good and to come back in August to see him again and if it still all looks OK I won't have to come back again  for six months.  ~c~ Dang SHC y'all sure getting a lot of  ~rain down younder. :surrender:  Bud glad to see y'all getting over that bug and are feeling better now. I just love it when Diana moves my stuff around also.  ~rant heck she can't even remember where her phone is at I have to keep ringing it fo rher so she can find it.  ::) Leave my stuff alone I know where it's at untill you move it  ~roflmao ~roflmao Donald glad the new soap dispenser made it through one day lo You must have a closet full of them things the way they go through them. :surrender: Rodney how you doing today and when you going fishing? top how you doing down there in the sun shine state? Stren you going fishing this weekend.? Well I have made up my mind I will be leaving either Wednesday or Thursday heading out on my Spring Crappie fishing trip and I can't wait to hit the road and get out of town and out on the water catching some fish. ~bb Hope everyone is having a good day and be safe out there.

SteelHorseCowboy

Lip, I'm bout to build an ark. Which is probably a horrible idea considering my boat building history.

Lipripper

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on April 18, 2019, 01:47:37 PM
Lip, I'm bout to build an ark. Which is probably a horrible idea considering my boat building history.

~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao I don;'t know abut that you did a good job on your boat project. ;D

Stren_g

Afternoon folks, nothin too exciting goin on here at the moment. Lip I'm not sure if I'll make it out or not, with family comin down to visit I may not have time.
SHC ya'll keep an eye on the sky, it's been a busy spring so far with all the weather that way.
Don I hope you can hit the water Friday!
Bud, I'm the "more organized" of the two of us at home. I go through the pantry here and there, organize, check dates...etc. If I get that done on a weekend it's all back to a somewhat chaotic state within a week between 2 toddlers and a busy wife. I just try to laugh and do it all over again....I think that may fall in the realm of insanity on my part.   ~b~ But that's the way it goes sometimes, and I'm fine with it really. Everyone is happy and healthy, even If dad is a bit loopy.
Ya'll have a good afternoon!

Bud Kennedy

Lord give me strength.  She who shall be obeyed decided she wanted to re organize the garage.  She failed to communicate we me about this event.  I was made aware when she walked into my man room and said she was too tired to continue.  Continue? I asked, what have you be up to?  I was re organizing the garage she declared.   As my heart sunk and my blood pressure went up I went out to have a look since she has asked me to finish.  What she failed to explain is that yes she was re organizing but only got as far as getting stuff scattered all over the garage and driveway.  The best thing she did was #1 the garage floor is very clean #2  She did not put everything away but what she did put away is not in a good spot.  Oh well, I got everything organized and put away so all is well.  If she helps me do too much more stuff I will be exhausted. 

Gotta love she is trying to do something but she has to realize that due to her poor physical condition it would be best to just not get involved with projects like this. 

Donald Garner

Howdy from Sunny Texas  ~sun
Whew thought we were going to blow away last night  :surrender:  We had some serious thunderstorms with some hail and pretty stout winds move through Central Texas late last night.  Everything is still intact no damage to the house or vehicles.

Today was partly cloudy with mostly clear skies taking over late this afternoon.  Our forecasted temps for today were 52 / 79dgrs with 51% humidity.  The next three days are looking good with clear skies and pleasant temps.

The knot heads have gone from tearing stuff up in the restrooms to removing the drinking fountains from the walls.  The water fountains are mounted to the wall with hanger brackets.  All you need to do is just pick the sides up and they'll lift right off.  Of course you got the water hose connections etc still mounted to the wall and the inside of the fountain. 

Right now they've only lifted one side of the fountain and not both.  If they get the whole thing off then we got a huge mess.  That metal tubing will break and now we got water everywhere  ~rant  I had that happen at the other school I worked at.  What a mess.

Bud; Tks for the health update.  Glad to hear you and the wife are feeling somewhat better.  You're a good man in dealing with you're wife's help.  Hope you have a relaxing evening after your busy day today.  We'll keep everyone over that way in our prayers.  This Spring weather is nothing to mess with for sure.  Hopefully the hail won't damage your Ranger Cover.  That was the first thing I checked on this morning when I left for work was my boat covers.  They're good to go no hail damage from last night.

Stren; You enjoy the time with your family when they arrive.  I'm going to work at hitting the water tomorrow afternoon after work.  The weather is suppose to be nice.

Lip; That is GREAT NEWS  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~  Tks for sharing that with us.  We'll keep ya in our daily prayers brother praying for a full recovery  ;)  You started packing for the trip yet?  You going to take the train down like you did last time or you going to drive this time?

SHC; I know you guys got hit hard Saturday.  It was pouring down bucket and raining sideways there at Caney Lake.  That wind with that thunder and lighting wasn't joking around.  Glad to hear there wasn't any damage done to your place.

Rodney; Hope all is well there buddy.

To everyone have a pleasant and relaxing evening going forward.

Oldfart9999

TGIF!!! TGIF!!! It's Good Friday, good day to stop and reflect for a bit about why we call it good that a man is beaten, scourged and executed in the most grisly way possible. Something about we aren't able to pay the price so he did. 58 may hit 60 then start cooling, showers later, a bit of a dreary day. I saw the pain Doc yesterday, my blood pressure is getting back to normal, 111/61, more inline with where I like to keep it, can no longer do the abdominal machine, the twisting and type of bending is bad for the lumbar region as are crunches and other exercises that do that, I didn't know it but the leg press and stairmaster aren't good for the lower lumbar either. The elliptical, as it turns out, is good for it, I started back 2 weeks ago on the elliptical after basically 3 months off, 2.5-2.7 miles in 30 was all I was able to do, Wednesday, 3.45, today 3.52, it's coming back, he gave me a list of exercises to strengthen my core so the injections last longer.
Lip, that's great news from your cancer Doc!!! ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ :toot: :toot: :toot: Hope you get to John's soon, I know you're chomping at the bit to!!! I hope to have the boat on the water by the first week in May if not sooner.
Bud, good that you're feeling better!!! I know how you feel about "help" in organizing, I keep telling my wife to just leave it alone, I do quite well with not finding stuff on my own. lo lo ;) Every once in a while I get organized but it just doesn't feel right. lo lo
SHC, we're having a somewhat dry spring, no way I want to get what you're getting. Hope your sewage plant comes through it ok.
Stren, hope you can get out this weekend. It's difficult staying organized with little ones running around, the good news is they grow up and it gets worse. lo lo ::)
Donald, you need to make the little darlings run a couple dozen laps before school starts, that might work. :-* :-* This seems to be a tough spring for you guys, hope you can get out and the rest of spring gets better for you. I need to spend some money on the boat, new cover type and I'm thinking a swing arm mount to mount my new HOOK beside the console.  ~xyz ^-^ ~xyz ~xyz ~rant ~rant monkey!!! ~rant ~rant :surrender: :surrender:
Have a great weekend, be well and safe!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Stren_g

Happy Friday ya'll! Not much new to report here, and that's ok with me. Mid 70s and sunny today, and a nice warm 82* tomorrow! I'm pretty happy about that.  ~c~
Keepin it short today.
Ya'll have a great day!

Bud Kennedy

Fairly heavy rain this morning but this is just the beginning of what is expected this afternoon.  The infamous ditch behind our house is already full and I have placed my flood barriers expecting the water to come up near the house this afternoon.

The main storm contains wind, hail lightning and a bunch more rain.  All yard items that can be moved by the wind have been removed and are now in the garage.  Still have the hummingbird feeder out but those little rascals really feed heavy during storms.  I will leave it out as long as possible.

Wife had to go for some lab work this morning early and we stopped and had breakfast before returning home.  I still have a couple of cabinets to finish putting together and that should occupy my afternoon along with keeping an eye on UB for most of the day.

Lipripper

Morning everyone and it's overcast and windy but no  ~rain at the present. It's 35* and the wind is out of the North at 25 MPH , Suppose to get up to 73* by Sunday and everyone is coming over here for Easter so it will be very lively. Donald since them drinking fountains are out in the hallways you should be able to put a camera on them and catch whoever is doing it. Rodney sounds like there's a lot of things you can't do but at least you can still do the elliptical. Hope you can get the boat out soon and catch some fish. I'm shooting for leaving town on Wednesday after the morning rush hour traffic has died down and if the weather isn't to bad should be out on the lake fishing by 3 or 4 that evening. Bud sounds like y'all getting lots of rain and good thing you have them flood barriers in place. Stren you have a good day and hope you can get out fishing soon. SHC y'all still getting hit by all that bad weather? Hope everyone has a great day and be safe out there.