Southern Illinois lake Kindcaid spawn

Started by bucketmouth 87, February 09, 2019, 10:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucketmouth 87

Im planning a trip down south with my dad and we are planning on fishing lake Kincaid in murphysboro.  I'm wondering when the bass are usually spawning and he is wondering when the crappie are spawning.  Can anyone point us in the right direction as far as times that we would both be happy......PS we are taking my boat so bass will be the priority of this trip haha

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mike Cork

Lipripper fishes this area of the state for crappie every spring, hopefully he'll see this and have some suggestions

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

I have never fished this lake but I fish Lake Shellbyville which is further north of there. The Crappie and several other species spawn either the last of April of the first part of May depending on how warm it has been. I remember seeing a couple of reports of a couple of 4 LB Crappie caught out of Lake Kinkaids. Here is some info that will get your mouth watering if your a Crappie fisherman.  ;D ;D ;D You Dad should have a blast if you hit the spawn just right. Check the weather to see what the trends are calling for and plan your trip accordingly. Being retired I can go whenever the fish start hitting good. My friend John give me a call and tells me it's time to come so I throw my stuff in the van and hit the road.  ;D

Kinkaid Lake is known for producing large crappie. Crappie over 2 pounds are caught each year, and at least two 4-pound crappie have been caught in the last 4 years. Blacknose crappie were first stocked in 2010. Legal-sized blacknose crappie were first caught in 2013. 49% of the crappie collected during the spring 2016 survey were over the minimum nine-inch length limit. Site Regulation: White, black, hybrid crappie: 25 fish daily limit; 9" minimum length limit.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

bucketmouth 87

The trip has been booked for the last week of April for four days!  Hopefully he can catch the tail end of the crappie spawn and I can get to some of the pre spawn Mamma's .  Lip I fish Shelbyville occasionally.  I actually will be headed there tomorrow to fish for walleye below the spillway.  We never catch a whole lot but it's a way to get out and fish this time of the year !

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk