Bistineau ramp off 154 (grice road landing)

Started by whitestang001, April 16, 2019, 12:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitestang001

I was a kid the last time i fished Bistineau, thinking about going on good Friday, i hear the water is up, does anyone know if the lakes still open or you can launch at grice road landing, and if so, do you have any advice for someone that hasn't been on that lake in forever, where would be a decent spot to start fishing down that way, don't really want to run the lake since i don't know it and don't want to tear a boat up.

Ron Fogelson

Anytime the lake is 144 or above its no wake only. Launching should be ok but please make sure you use TM only or idle  if its 144 or higher, lake home owners wont be happy if you don't.

whitestang001

I was hoping someone could tell me if the west bank and tree line towards hog island is decent fishing in the south area, I haven't fished it in forever, and like I said, I have no plans on running that lake if I don't know where to run, I don't want to tear my boat up, I would rather just troll around, or if someone could tell me the best place to launch where I could just troll around and be in a decent spot

Ron Fogelson

Sorry dude wasn't trying to say you would run WOT just a warning from what all 3 parishes agreed to "no wake at 144" and lake owners are out taking pics sending boat numbers to the WLF.

As far as fishing spinners cranks and sinkos in/around grass has worked for me, down size the spinnerbaits to like a 1/4 ounce size if you can get bit, do this over the next 2 months then go back to 3/8 or 1/2 ounce

whitestang001

oh I wasn't upset about anything you said, I just really like to take it easy on lakes I haven't been on in a long time, I mostly stay on hosston or cypress, just appreciate any information that yall are willing to give me

chriswolf63

There are fish all over the South end of the Lake.  Both East and West Banks.  With the water up (143.6 ft today), they will be moving.  You're gonna have to hunt for um.  Best bet is to get on your electronics and look for bait fish schools.  Usually the big girls aren't far behind.  I'll be out there Friday and Saturday.  Good Luck!!

-chris
I may type something in here one day!