I need a roof...

Started by Mike Cork, April 16, 2019, 02:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Okay over the weekend we were hit pretty hard with a hail storm at the house. Ripped the trees apart and shredded all of Mother's House plants that she just put outside for the spring ~b~ Thankfully we weren't home so the vehicles were not damaged.

Called the insurance and the adjuster said most of it looks to be pea size, things were looking okay and then he found a few spots that took bigger smacks and said we need to replace it.

So now I need a couple of good roofers that can be trusted to come out and give me an estimate so I can see how much this is going to cost me... With as many people that check the forums here in NW Louisiana, surely there are a few good recommendations floating around.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Ron Fogelson

Sent you the contact info for R&R Roofing, Military discount, let him know what the adjuster says and he'll do your estimate around it

BarryFL

Mike, my homeowners insurance just replace mine. Pretty simple process but you will be responsible for your deductible. You can PM if you want more info.

~Barry~

~Barry~

Lipripper

Sorry to hear this Mike and y'all did get hit with a bad storm. Glad y'all wasn't at home.  ~sweat

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Quote from: TR21FL on April 16, 2019, 03:45:34 PM
Mike, my homeowners insurance just replace mine. Pretty simple process but you will be responsible for your deductible. ~Barry~ 

We had some damage done to our roof year before last from one of our Texas Storms.
Our home insurance took care of the issue.  Hope you get yours fixed in a timely matter.  Nothing worse than a leaking roof.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Pacific NW Ron

Sorry to hear that you have to hassle with replacing the roof.  I agree with the trust part too.  Roofers can get pretty aggressive.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Princeton_Man

Not sure if your home's style, neighborhood, covenants, etc will permit it but if so, consider replacing your shingle roof with metal. Of course, you'll have to supply the insurance company with estimates for shingle roof replacement but, get a couple quotes for metal. It's more durable, adds strength to the roof, and will last forever. Also great for sleeping on a rainy night. 

You may get an insurance discount for metal roof too.

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

bassadict69

I have used ArkLaTex Exteriors for my roof and also to repair a damaged roof on our rent trailer. They do excellent work and will work with your adjustor.

Arklatex Exteriors
686-7955