Daiwa Team Daiwa TD X 103HiA

Started by LgMouthGambler, May 02, 2019, 08:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Found this on the bay for a really good deal. I sold one extra reel, and decided to take a small chunk for this. For those of you that are unfamiliar with old Daiwa reels, this is the TD series of the early 2000s, and was the early stages of the Zillions. Having an aluminum frame, and brass gears, this was the "workhorse" of its day. Many options became available, but this was the basic model before the tunes came along.

This specific reel I managed to find with a handle swap, and a few anodized colored pieces. Something I would have done myself down the road anyways, I decided with the price, this was a no brainer. Every frame bearing is getting replaced anyways, as well as the knob bearings. Why not?

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

zippyduck

That is in great condition for that reel. Like you said it was the work horse in its day.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

FISH520

Purdy

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

Finally got a quick minute to get the reel apart and do a quick wiping of the parts. It will have to sit for a fee days before I get a chance to clean it better, and put it back together. But here are some internal pictures. The reel has never been opened or serviced as the original Daiwa grease is still in it.

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

caddyjoe77

That looks like a good big swimbait reel
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on June 10, 2019, 07:17:20 PM
That looks like a good big swimbait reel
Not. Not quite. Spool capacity is not ideal.