2019 FLBR Classic Non Official thread

Started by FD, May 05, 2019, 02:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FD

Do we need to start talking about location?  We're 5 months out this weekend and reservations are going to need to be made soon.

Grape Hammock?
Camp Mack?
Port Hatch?

Sent from the end of the paved road...
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FD on May 05, 2019, 02:49:42 AM
Do we need to start talking about location?  We're 5 months out this weekend and reservations are going to need to be made soon.

Grape Hammock?
Camp Mack?
Port Hatch?

I normally bring up this topic starting in June, but starting discussions now won't hurt. As far as locations this year, if we choose Lake Kissimmee again, my vote goes to Grape Hammock, over Camp Mack. Port Hatch? Not familiar with that one.

We also have to narrow down dates. We traditionally have the Classic on a wknd in October. As of right now, what works for me are the wknd's of Oct 19th & 20th or 26th & 27th.

What say the rest of you?

BarryFL

I really dont want to go back to Kissimmee. Toho would be nice but we'd have to stay off the lake.

I can look for a big house to rent that could sleep us all and hopefully be within a few minutes of a ramp, if y'all are interested. There were some on VRBO last year.

~Barry~

~Barry~

Deadeye

The 1st weekend of October is always the best for me.

Got things always planned for each of the other ones each year.

FD

There are Vrbo homes in Port Hatch too.  On Lake Hatch 10 min from Cypress or the north end of Kissimmee

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on May 05, 2019, 08:25:51 AM
The 1st weekend of October is always the best for me.

Got things always planned for each of the other ones each year.
I'm not available for the first weekend of October.

Deadeye

Quote from: Bassinlou on May 05, 2019, 12:31:57 PM
I'm not available for the first weekend of October.
Yes I know, I saw where you are going to the Guntersville Rally that weekend.

BarryFL

I have liked doing it with the holiday in early October but understand other stuff happens. Whatever works for most is good with me.

~Barry~

~Barry~

Deadeye

The Group can decide when they want to hold it and those that can go will be able and those that can't will not.

The first weekend is the only weekend in October I can attend. The rest have commitments.

Perhaps we could move this year's to the last weekend in September if more will be able to attend.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: TR21FL on May 05, 2019, 08:01:14 AM
I really dont want to go back to Kissimmee. Toho would be nice but we'd have to stay off the lake.

I can look for a big house to rent that could sleep us all and hopefully be within a few minutes of a ramp, if y'all are interested. There were some on VRBO last year.

~Barry~

Quote from: FD on May 05, 2019, 11:08:07 AM
There are Vrbo homes in Port Hatch too.  On Lake Hatch 10 min from Cypress or the north end of Kissimmee

These sound like good ideas. Something different and change of fishing venue.

@Barry and Lee, do you guys know of any homes in particular in these locations or just heard about these homes?

FD

There are 3 in my neighborhood and the agent that handles them has a house across the street. I'll look into them if you want. Everything out there is on the water with boat docks and some have lifts.

There is also this place across from the restaurant

http://lhrvpark.com/

BarryFL

I dont know of any specifically, I have just conducted a cursory check on VRBO.

~Barry~
~Barry~

WTodd

I know I've only been to 1 of these shindigs but like Barry said I'm not interested in Kissimmee; Toho gets my vote too. Right now my calendar is open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SFL BassHunter

I'm ok with a change in venue.

As far as schedule as far as I can tell I'm open but I neeeed to lock in the days on our work calendar and make sure my backup will not be out as well.

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Deadeye

Would everyone be ok with using the last Weekend of September this year since Lou can not make the 1st weekend of October and I'm committed to the other 3?

Only way we can both be there.

If not, it will be ok. Although it would kind of suck since Lou and I have been there from the beginning of this "Club" and neither of us had ever missed the Classic. Even when I had to deal with the MIL Death I still made Sunday.

That place near you Lee sounds good. I remember you mentioned it when you were first starting in the buying process.

A smaller place with just a few rentals, if I remember right.

BarryFL

~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on May 06, 2019, 10:29:59 AM
Would everyone be ok with using the last Weekend of September this year since Lou can not make the 1st weekend of October and I'm committed to the other 3?

Only way we can both be there.

If not, it will be ok. Although it would kind of suck since Lou and I have been there from the beginning of this "Club" and neither of us had ever missed the Classic. Even when I had to deal with the MIL Death I still made Sunday.

That place near you Lee sounds good. I remember you mentioned it when you were first starting in the buying process.

A smaller place with just a few rentals, if I remember right.

Unfortunately a scheduling conflict was bound to happen. My availability for the month of October are the dates I posted above. The 19th & 20th, or 26th & 27th. I'm not available for Sept.

As far as the venue, I'm open for a change, and that Lake Hatch RV Park looks like it will fit bill for what we do.

The first step we need to figure out is the when? The where, we have options. Is October the only option? Are there objections for early Nov? Hurricane season will be behind us and the heat won't be as bad.

Deadeye

Well I tried to offer a suggestion that might work for everyone by moving it back to September, but Lou says he can't make that one work either.

The 1st Weekend of October has been the date the Classic has been held except for one year when it was moved to the 2nd Weekend.

I understand that the Guntersville Rally is being held that same weekend. And that some may have chosen to attend it. That's ok, personal choice.

I always set aside the 1st Weekend of October for the Classic each year. And this year it so happens I have engagements already set for the other three weekends.

Y'all do as you wish. If it's when I can be there I will, if not enjoy without me.

FD

I'm good with any weekend this far out but remember the later it gets the more we have to compete with the snow birds for lodging.  If we're going to do Nov we need to decide quick.

FD

Nov 2-3 at Port Hatch

For those wanting to fish Toho you are about 18 min from the lock.

Those who want Kissimmee it's a 15 min ride.

Yay or Nay

If we get a consensus I'll go talk to them on Wednesday.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FD on May 06, 2019, 06:49:55 PM
Nov 2-3 at Port Hatch

For those wanting to fish Toho you are about 18 min from the lock.

Those who want Kissimmee it's a 15 min ride.

Yay or Nay

If we get a consensus I'll go talk to them on Wednesday.

Yay for me and thank you for checking Lee.

WTodd

I'm good

BarryFL

I can do first weekend in Nov but will want lodging for thu-sat nights. Walt and I can probably lodge together.

~Barry~
~Barry~

WTodd

Same with me on the lodging

Capt. BassinLou

In my case it will be lodging for Fri and Saturday, and hopefully they have a late check out on Sunday. Rick will be lodging with me.