2019 FLBR Classic Non Official thread

Started by FD, May 05, 2019, 02:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FD

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 11, 2019, 08:05:54 AM
I need help from the group on this one, if some one from FLBR wanted to participate in the Classic as a backseater for example, what would be the out pocket cost and most economical way to make it happen?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

so the Magic question is "How Many people total?".

I was able to negotiate a small reduction in cost per night with the potential of repeat business from this group and my business contacts.

The major reduction came because I figured out how to pay for this through my company.  I am able to write off a portion of the cost thanks to some very generous tax laws for small business's, thank you Mr. Trump.

The real dollars out of my pocket are significantly lower than the actual cost of the lodging.  Plus since I will be sleeping in my own bed and have no travel expenses, I am kicking in the equivalent of what it would cost me to stay at Grape.  These two factors are are the main reason the cost came down.

So if we get one more, they will be put in with Barry and Walt at 65 per night.

If Fred's SIL wants to couch it with him, there is no additional cost.

If we get two more they would go in the Bunkhouse at LHRV at 65 per night per person.

If we get 3 not counting Fred's SIL on his couch, then we will utilize Barrys extra room and the Bunkhouse.

If we would get more than that we will have to utilize some of the RV's at LHRV which are not as nice at the rest but on par with Grape.

So to answer you question Lou.  $65 per night for lodging.

Barry is cooking on Friday night and I am cooking on Saturday night.  I am also likely to do breakfast on Sat and Sun for those interested.

I think I am speaking for all the boaters here, as long as you aren't terribly annoying, anyone could be a back seater at no cost.  I does not cost us anything to have someone in the back seat.

To all the non boaters interested that are on a tight budget;

Get yourself here, bring some PB&J for lunch, stay in some first class accommodations, and fish on some bad ass boats with guys who could all be guides for $130 bucks for the weekend.  It's kind of hard to beat that deal.
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Capt. BassinLou

Appreciate the break down Lee. Helpful information for anyone who would really like to join us. As far as how many of us are going? I'm sure our current number of participants will change by November. We may gain a couple or lose couple. We always do. I know I'm in.

FLO GROWN

Quote from: RangerAndBass on August 09, 2019, 07:13:46 PM
I have an open backseat also, as well as room in my truck for a passenger (or two)

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Sounds good on both count me in

"Tight lines"

BarryFL

Also, a reminder that Walt and I will be arriving aThursday afternoon to pre-fish on Friday. Backseat is open then, too.

~Barry~

~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

Welcome aboard FG!! You and R&B are going to love this event.

Capt. BassinLou

From my count we are at 10 participants for  right now

SFL BassHunter

Awesome Lee! You're right for that low low cost you can't pass this up!

Welcome to the group FloGrown!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

RangerAndBass

Quote from: FLO GROWN on August 11, 2019, 07:30:44 PM
Sounds good on both count me in

Yes!!! Thanks FG.

This is great, now I've got someone to sing the Dolly Parton parts when I sing the Kenny Roger's parts.

But truly it's always more fun with 2 in the boat and I've already had a good time fishing with FG at Garcia.

Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: RangerAndBass on August 12, 2019, 07:07:35 AM
Yes!!! Thanks FG.

This is great, now I've got someone to sing the Dolly Parton parts when I sing the Kenny Roger's parts.

But truly it's always more fun with 2 in the boat and I've already had a good time fishing with FG at Garcia.

Happy to hear you guys will be joining us for the Classic this year. This event is what brings FLBR participants closer together.

Deadeye

Quote from: FD on August 11, 2019, 07:07:40 PM

I think I am speaking for all the boaters here, as long as you aren't terribly annoying, anyone could be a back seater at no cost.  I does not cost us anything to have someone in the back seat.

To all the non boaters interested that are on a tight budget;

Get yourself here, bring some PB&J for lunch, stay in some first class accommodations, and fish on some bad ass boats with guys who could all be guides for $130 bucks for the weekend.  It's kind of hard to beat that deal.

Lee I am in Complete Agreement with you on this.

As for Backseaters, We are going anyway so having you join us doesn't add any cost.

As to the Guide Comment, I would have to agree as well. There are Guys on here that get on fish no matter what the conditions or complications are. They are just plain Good Fishermen.

FLO GROWN

Quote from: RangerAndBass on August 12, 2019, 07:07:35 AM
Yes!!! Thanks FG.

Look forward to it!!

"Tight lines"

FD

Was able to get the adult beverage supply room mostly unpacked yesterday...

Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacia est

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FD on August 25, 2019, 06:57:33 AM

Looks like this is going to be different Classic already!!  lo lo

West6550

Okay so I see Port Hatchnehia is the place this year? I seen the dates as well.

I would love to borrow a back seat for some fishing!

Stacy & I would like to come as well. I'll see if I can get her to make some banana pudding!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: West6550 on August 25, 2019, 09:22:15 AM

Stacy & I would like to come as well. I'll see if I can get her to make some banana pudding!
Plenty of back seats open West. It would be great seeing you guys again.

West6550

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 25, 2019, 09:43:49 AM
Plenty of back seats open West. It would be great seeing you guys again.
Okay sweet! We are definitely coming. Worse case I will drive over everyday from town. Port Hach is about 30 min from our base here in Winter Haven.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: West6550 on August 25, 2019, 09:45:38 AM
Okay sweet! We are definitely coming. Worse case I will drive over everyday from town. Port Hach is about 30 min from our base here in Winter Haven.
Compared to all the travelling you guys have been doing, 30 min drive is a breeze. ;)

WTodd

If you 2 can't make it, the banana pudding is welcome

WTodd

Quote from: FD on August 25, 2019, 06:57:33 AM

Other than a large cup and thirst, anything I need to bring? Not seeing it (kinda like the forest for the trees thing) but I'm sure there's a bottle of Jack stashed there amongst the bottles.

FD

Quote from: WTodd on August 25, 2019, 10:00:03 AM
Other than a large cup and thirst, anything I need to bring? Not seeing it (kinda like the forest for the trees thing) but I'm sure there's a bottle of Jack stashed there amongst the bottles.

There are 14 different bottles of Jack not including all his friends.   

Amy is the Bourbon fanatic.  The giant ice cube trays are in the freezer.  We even made the pilgrimage to Lynchburg a couple of years ago.

WTodd

I'm voting you Angler if the Year

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: WTodd on August 25, 2019, 07:10:29 PM
I'm voting you Angler if the Year

Lmao!!

Capt. BassinLou

I think our FLBR member base will go up a tick just to participate in this yrs Classic.

Deadeye

Quote from: West6550 on August 25, 2019, 09:22:15 AM

West your welcome to fish with me, my back seat is open. Let me know so I don't ask the SIL this weekend.

Sleeping Quarters might be a different story. I've not seen it yet but Lee said there is a Couch in our place to use but doubt it would work for the two of you.

I think Barry and Walt may have an extra Bedroom in their place yet, but I'm not sure.

I do have a Queen Sized Double High Air Bed made by Sealy that is excellent to sleep on. It is at my Hunting Camp right now but I will be there this weekend and several times between now and Nov, so if nothing else is available and you two want it, I can bring it home from the Camp and bring it with me.

You Two gave me a place to sleep one Classic and I haven't forgot.

FD

Everyone that want to come will have a place to sleep, I'll make sure of it.

Josh had to cancel so I've got back seat as well.