Neck Surgery

Started by bassmedic46, May 06, 2019, 04:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassmedic46

I had my first surgery on my neck a few weeks ago. Fused 3 discs in my cervical spine. Still have a constant headache but my arm is starting to get some strength in it. Hoping to be able to cast soon. Amazing how quickly your out of the hospital after surgery these days. I was out the next day. Only sign of the surgery is a small scar on my neck. Go back in a couple of weeks for follow up appointment and to discuss surgery number 2 on my lower back so I don't have pain in my leg when I walk.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

Oldfart9999

Wish you well and for continued improvement!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Deadeye

When I had my neck surgery done, I was told not to lift more than 5 lbs for at least 2 months. No activity like Fishing at all.

I pushed it some and my Dr told me I would regret it if I did to much.

It will be 3 years in December since mine was done and I'm starting to get some real pain back in that same area again. Last time the Dr said "it was a real mess in there" and the supposed 30 minute procedure took over 3 hours. I had a ton of Arthritis built up on the "wings" of the vertebra that was stopping me from turning my head to the left and off and on causing my left arm to become useless for up to 30 minutes at a time.

I wish you Total Success with yours. Living in and with Pain--especially neck pain--- is no joke.

Donald Garner

bassmedic

Tks for the update and we'll keep ya in our daily prayers.  Best of luck with the recovery.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Bassinkorea

Hoping for the best results. Please follow the Dr's ordered and get full recovery.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

bassmedic46

Thank you for keeping me in your prayers. I have no choice but to follow Doctors orders. My wife makes sure of that. Still having bad headaches but have some feeling and strength returning to my right arm. That will come with time.

Mike Cork

What are the doc's saying about the head aches, will they go away with time?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

allaboutfun

Here's my hardware from last October. Overall, it was a success but I'm still not 100%.  I've fished 3 tournaments this year and find that my shoulders and neck area are smoked after a day on the water. A few ibuprofen and I'm back at it. I was a co-angler for our state tournament last week and rode with a guy who had a 20' Phoenix that seemed to have only one speed. I was hanging on for my life. The neck faired well but I was a little nervous.

bassmedic46

The Doctors aren't sure about the headaches. Surgeon says when I fell at work I may have hit my head. Seeing the neurologist for a follow up appointment after my Botox injections. Neurologist says it could take 5 to 6 treatments before any relief.

bassmedic46

Quote from: allaboutfun on May 08, 2019, 01:09:26 PM
Here's my hardware from last October. Overall, it was a success but I'm still not 100%.  I've fished 3 tournaments this year and find that my shoulders and neck area are smoked after a day on the water. A few ibuprofen and I'm back at it. I was a co-angler for our state tournament last week and rode with a guy who had a 20' Phoenix that seemed to have only one speed. I was hanging on for my life. The neck faired well but I was a little nervous.
My hardware in my neck is similar to yours. Hoping it works.

SteveTX

Saturday the 4th my younger brother just had surgery on his neck. His left arm was no longer working and he had zero feeling in at least 1 finger. Immediately after surgery when he woke up he wanted to test his ability to push on my hand just to see if it was any better. Immediately he said for me not to shoot him.  lo Prior to surgery he had insisted I kill him if he came out a vegetable. :shocking: I know he was stressed big time over this.

He also had headaches for a day or two afterwards but those went away. He also had small spasms where his eyes would close and he would tense up for 10 to 15 seconds and he had no control. He said those have also went away. They think it was the medication.   

I hope all of you have great recovery.