MM35 5/12/19

Started by FLO GROWN, May 12, 2019, 04:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLO GROWN

Went out to MM35 this morning to a empty parking lot got in the water @ 7am started off with a mag vibe buzzing it in pads,swimming it and worming trying to figure out how they wanted it and where they were staging. Picked up a few small ones just worming it so I decided I wanted to try red eye shad never used one before always used Bill Lewis rattle trap and always done good with it in the past. After fishing the red eye shad for a couple minutes I knew right off the bat that it's a very diverse lure, tried straight retrieve, pull it thru the pads no problem ,third cast got a nice 16" fish than started experimenting with it stop and go , yo yo technique and it was producing I couldn't put the thing down the rest of the day,  catching good quality fish even a peacock bass on it till about noon and my hand started to go numb lol ,the FR703 Dobyns is a perfect rod for that lure IMO ,before I put it down got a dink on it and he wanted me to see what it felt like so the treble hook lodged into my thumb I couldn't get it out I was like great I'm going to emergency room with fish and redeye shad attached to my hand so I grabbed the pliers gave it everything I got and twisted it out blood everywhere cleaned it and decided to start jig fishing than BOOM 5 lbr inhaled my jig great fight had my Dobyns Fr735 bent in half ,finished the day with 34 got a peacock and 5lber and no emergency room guess my mom was looking over me. Out of those 34 fish I caught probably 24 of them on redeye shad and rest jig and worm. Haven't used a lipless crankbait in a while so it was nice treat ,great lure, falls great,runs great,nice paint job,pulls thru cover nicely, HOOKS r VERY SHARP and STRONG.  Thanks for reading here's a few pics!

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

"Tight lines"

LgMouthGambler

Nice job. They seemed to want the lures fast today.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FLO GROWN

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 12, 2019, 06:06:50 PM
Nice job. They seemed to want the lures fast today.

Yea they weren't playing around and had the place to myself,mental note best day of the year to fish is mother's day worse day to fish day before mother's day

"Tight lines"

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FLO GROWN on May 12, 2019, 06:09:02 PM
Yea they weren't playing around and had the place to myself,mental note best day of the year to fish is mother's day worse day to fish day before mother's day

Ain't that the truth. Lol

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Minus the hooked thumb, you had great outing FG. WTG!!

big g

WTG Flo Grown, nice job figuring out a pattern they wanted that day.  Nothing like being stuck, with a fish still attached.  Treble hooks can get yah! :help:   Did you stay in the Miami River, or along the Alley?
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Canesfan

Good job. I am pretty sure Bass Pro has those Red Eye Shads 20 or 25% off. Got a flyer in the mail yesterday and saw them.

SFL BassHunter

Thanks for the report! I see a pea in the pics. Pretty awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

FLO GROWN

Quote from: big g on May 13, 2019, 12:34:18 PM
WTG Flo Grown, nice job figuring out a pattern they wanted that day.  Nothing like being stuck, with a fish still attached.  Treble hooks can get yah! :help:   Did you stay in the Miami River, or along the Alley?
Thanks bud I stayed on Miami canal

"Tight lines"