Gotta new Bote, ready to fish silently now.

Started by basss, April 03, 2019, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basss

I got me a Christmas present last year I've been saving and wanting for a while, a Bote.  Not a boat, but a Bote.  Its pronounced the same though.

This is a 12' Bote HD.  It weighs 35 pounds and is one the best fishing tools I've ever bought.  The water this makes accessible is amazing.  No boat ramps needed, if I can get to the water I can fish it.  I just put that thing in the back of the truck, grab a couple of rods and the paddle; I'm in and out of the house in about 3 minutes.  Its already been from the Mosquito Lagoon to the back water, and ponds on the side of warehouses and everywhere in between.

I got a few options I knew I'd need.  I go two racks for it, the tackle and bucket rac- not a misspelling, that's how they spell it.  One is more of stand up rac and the other is meant to fit a 5 gallon bucket.  I also got the Kula 5 gallon cooler (that's what they call they coolers, Kula) than can used as a cooler- of course, a container, even a seat on long paddles.

Looking forward to the water and fish this thing is able to reach others can't.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

FloridaFishinFool

Congratulations on the new watercraft there!

Good luck and catch a ton of fish. I need to get one of those. I was looking at them in Walmart yesterday.
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

SteveTX

Just curious what is the weight limit on one of those. Id imagine id sink it. lol
Anyway congratulations on your new ride. 

Pacific NW Ron

Congrats.  Cool fishing platform for the younger generation. 
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

basss

Quote from: SteveTX on April 03, 2019, 01:24:44 PM
Just curious what is the weight limit on one of those. Id imagine id sink it. lol
Anyway congratulations on your new ride.

I think the weight limit is 350-375 ... plenty o' room.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider

Lipripper

I for sure would make sure there wasn't any gators in that body of water I was putting that in.  ;D Looks cool though I don't think I could stand up long enough to fish from it though but the idea is neat.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

BrandonK

BarryFL

No how, no way would I fish were I normally do on that. I've had gators square up on my 21ft boat in pretty aggressive manners.

~Barry~

~Barry~

basss

Quote from: Lipripper on April 03, 2019, 02:29:03 PM
I for sure would make sure there wasn't any gators in that body of water I was putting that in.  ;D Looks cool though I don't think I could stand up long enough to fish from it though but the idea is neat.

You can sit on the Kula Mr. Rip.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider

basss

Quote from: TR21FL on April 03, 2019, 05:04:53 PM
No how, no way would I fish were I normally do on that. I've had gators square up on my 21ft boat in pretty aggressive manners.

~Barry~

Yikes!

So the board is made of .... gatorshell ... supposed to be gator proof.  Not testing it though.

https://www.boteboard.com/gatorshell/
1995 Gheenoe Highsider

SteelHorseCowboy

Even if it's gator proof... is the passenger? Lol!
I've gone from being terrified of gators to "meh, whatever." I still give 'em some distance though.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk