Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best spinning rod and reel combos for around $60-80??  (Read 269 times)

Jake51823

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
Best spinning rod and reel combos for around $60-80??
« on: May 17, 2019, 06:01:32 AM »

Hey all, Iím not a big huge fisherman but I sure do have a great time fishing. I am currently on a budget right now so Iím looking for the best spinning rod and reel combo for $60-80 which is cheap but I also believe even with the price you can still snag a quality combo. I currently am working with Lewís American Hero Bait caster combo and Iíve caught my number of fish on it. I am looking to expand my rod and reel collection with different types. Mainly looking for a 1 piece, medium or medium-light.
Any suggestions for your best cheap rod and reel combo!? Feel free to share your experiences!

FishinBuck07

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Re: Best spinning rod and reel combos for around $60-80??
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 06:41:23 AM »

I have the Pflueger President combo and really like it.  Think it sells in that price range.

Jake51823

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 06:50:41 AM »

I have heard good things about the pflueger president, will keep this one in mind.

apenland01

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 08:49:50 AM »

I have this spinning reel and really like it.  I bought it for fishing my local urban lakes, but I liked it so much, I have it on my boat now.  It's about a year old and fishes like it was new.  I would spend $40 on this and then go get a decent spinning rod out of the clearance rack at some sporting goods store.

https://www.amazon.com/Piscifun-Spinning-Lightweight-Fishing-Powerful/dp/B075Q5KP9M

The Rooster

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 11:21:32 AM »

The Pfleuger President and Trion reels ($60 and $40 in that order) are easily the best spinning reels in that price range, and you can find them as a combo for another $20 each (making it $80 and $60) at places like Bass Pro Shops. You might find a good rod on clearance, or grab a Berkley Lightning Rod for $40 and pair with either one of these reels to build your own and have a rod in a specific action and power. Iíve noticed these rods are available in power/action combinations I donít normally see in their price range, such as the m/mf spinning rod Iíve got my eye on for topwaters and jerkbaits with treble hooks. I want a medium power rod with a moderate fast action for just a bit more give and flex than standard medium powered fast action rods have.

Jake51823

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 01:43:06 PM »

Hey all, thank you all for the helpful info. Iíve looked into about everything that was said and some combos that caught my eye was Lewís Mach Combo, Lewís carbon blue GT and the pflueger president. With all these being really in the same range does one have an edge over the other? Or maybe one I havenít mentioned thatís also very good?

Ddyyak

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 02:26:16 PM »

I own several higher priced spinning reels and just last week asked myself why I spent the money. My favorite spinning reels are plueger presents. Any future purchases will only be a president, reguardless of my budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlatsNBay

• Ultimate Basser
  • Go Noles!
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 06:46:47 AM »

You can't go wrong at all with the President. Just check out all the reviews on it. My buddy is a saltwater guide and the President is all that he uses. It's just a solid all around good reel.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Bretts_daddy

• Largemouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 02:59:08 PM »

DSG has a Memorial Day sale going on where the Lews Mach 2 spinning combo is $40 off which brings it down to $100. I know it's a little above your max price point but if you can swing an extra $20 that's a real nice combo.
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

No matter how much we know about fishing there is always more to learn!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 23 queries.